It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SuperLibby72: I will report back, but I see they have order of war. This game is not for sell and never seen it DRM free,
GamezRanker: If you like ancient Egyptian themes and the classic resident evil style gameplay I recommend Curse: Eye of Isis.
(steam also has it but it's not DRM free afaik)
Not bad easy download and DRM free.

Pick up:
Men of War: Condemned Heroes
Order of War
Theatre of War
Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
Race Driver: GRID
Curse - The Eye of Isis ( I love these games. Thanks )

What's with all the downvotes on my post out of the blue? haha

Edit:
Zoom store needs a lot of work to be a competitor. IMO they should add screenshots of the games, instead of just video. Already had an issue buying the Cuban Missile Crisis and not getting Ice Crusade with it.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by SuperLibby72
Elmofongo: But I still find something that's purely digital...even more fragile. Like they can go away
P.S.
In all fairness it should be said that while it is all digital these days then depending on conditions then either way of storing may be better. E.g. while 'optical disc media' may splinter and crack and wear/decay in a number of ways then it is probably a lot less susceptible when it comes to e.g. harm from magnetic fields than say a hard drive.
But though we term then differently when we communicate then it is all 'memory' of one sort or another.
Meaning that though we tend to think of only RAM/ROM (or 'memory sticks') as 'memory' then e.g. a hard disc is also memory , it's just 'data' stored as 'disc memory'.
Even all so called data processing is just processing of data in memory controlled by other stored data in other memory (programs) .
If you go and read the IMO very good Wikipedia article about Computer data storage then you will see that there are used different expressions such as 'recording media', 'storage', memory. (Also see Wikipedia article on Computer Memory)
But if you look at it then you really can not have 'memory' without a 'media' for recording (retaining data/memory) and what you record is still 'memory'/'memorized' no matter how it is 'recorded /retained.... (You will see even paper mentioned as 'Storage media' and 'DNA' for that matter).

Anyway , all I really wanted to address were your wondering about the 'perishability' of the digital 'data' that your games consist of and I wanted to make clear that while hard drives are easy to use in connection with 'computers' then depending on situation then they may or may not be the 'better' way of recording and storing of your 'games collection' 'memories'...

Ref. :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_data_storage
and :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_memory

and , an article addressing some of the 'pros and cons' :
https://www.computerscience.gcse.guru/theory/storage-devices
Post edited January 18, 2021 by FiatLux
GamezRanker: zoom-platform
I'm sorry, just looking at their main page zoom is not a viable alternative. Navigating their page is even more of a pain than navigating gog (no mean feat!), the big banner is advertising a build of Postal 2 that is close to 7 years out of date (no Paradise Lost there as well, lol), the catalogue is meh,...

I realise that they'd need some support in order to grow, but as it stands there's plenty of stuff they could do to improve their website even without having to add tons of games first. Show some goodwill, starting with designing a website that isn't a pain to navigate.

Just because I'm not buying from gog until they smarten up doesn't mean I'll latch onto the next service, regardless of how blatantly terrible it is.
Unfortunately the webpage of zoom-platform is indeed hard to navigate and it's hard to find games, if you aren't looking for something specific. Also, they don't have a forum yet, which is a minus. But they are still 100% DRM-free and, according to the message from the owner, dedicated to remaining 100% DRM-free. The years will show if they will stick to that principle, or if they, like GOG, will abandon it eventually.
Lifthrasil: Unfortunately the webpage of zoom-platform is indeed hard to navigate and it's hard to find games, if you aren't looking for something specific. Also, they don't have a forum yet, which is a minus. But they are still 100% DRM-free and, according to the message from the owner, dedicated to remaining 100% DRM-free. The years will show if they will stick to that principle, or if they, like GOG, will abandon it eventually.
Not to mention that there is a website revamp in the works, according to the owner. Hopefully that will address these many concerns.

First and foremost I'd like to see competent categorization of the games, easy ways to browse and filter the library, support for more payment providers, an About page that affirms their commitment to DRM-freeness, and a forum (preferably one that isn't broken and ancient).

And personally I wouldn't mind some regional pricing but it's not a must-have-or-else (and I know not everyone agrees about it.)
Post edited January 18, 2021 by joppo
I agree with your points but I don't think zoom platform is a real alternative to gog (not even close)...even itch that I think is a good platform is not an alternative.
For alternative I mean a website that sell drm free games that I want to buy and play (like Bethesda games), not just some indie games that I decide to buy and play once in a while.

If gog will not be drm free anymore I will just buy games on steam and I will use a crack to backup any games that I buy like I remove drm from any ebook that I buy on Amazon (not all ebook on Amazon use drm but I cannot see if they use it before I buy them).

I don't want to support drm but if there is no choice I will just buy from the bigger store.
high rated
LiefLayer: I agree with your points but I don't think zoom platform is a real alternative to gog (not even close)...even itch that I think is a good platform is not an alternative.
For alternative I mean a website that sell drm free games that I want to buy and play (like Bethesda games), not just some indie games that I decide to buy and play once in a while.

If gog will not be drm free anymore I will just buy games on steam and I will use a crack to backup any games that I buy like I remove drm from any ebook that I buy on Amazon (not all ebook on Amazon use drm but I cannot see if they use it before I buy them).

I don't want to support drm but if there is no choice I will just buy from the bigger store.
I never heard of this Zoom platform until now.
Elmofongo: I never heard of this Zoom platform until now.
Wait, did you miss out on the delicious drama when gog launched their shitty FCKDRM promo site and Zoom explicitly told gog NOT to mention them? That was a hoot!
low rated
Imagine being so privilege in life that you make demands to a company
fronzelneekburm: Wait, did you miss out on the delicious drama when gog launched their shitty FCKDRM promo site and Zoom explicitly told gog NOT to mention them? That was a hoot!
Looking at their store. Their library is un-impressive.

Only thing notable about them for me is the fact they have the old Duke Nukem Games while GOG still hasn't convinced Gearbox to sell their games here.
I thought I'd keep a record of games I would definitely have bought, were it not for the boycott.

GAMES NOT BOUGHT IN 2021
(1) 18/1/21: Dread Nautical - $9.99
(2) 18/1/21: Operencia: The Stolen Sun - $14.99

Total so far: $24.98.
high rated
the_importer: Imagine being so privilege in life that you make demands to a company
Ah, there we go - finally a nonsensical use of the word "privilege". Now I know we're really on teh internets.

fronzelneekburm: Wait, did you miss out on the delicious drama when gog launched their shitty FCKDRM promo site and Zoom explicitly told gog NOT to mention them? That was a hoot!
Damn, I missed that too. Did they say why?
Post edited January 18, 2021 by Breja
low rated
the_importer: Imagine being so privilege in life that you make demands to a company
Breja: Ah, there we go - finally a nonsensical use of the word "privilege". Now I know we're really on teh internets.
People who are sympathetic to the concept:
1) Breja

Enough said.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by the_importer
Elmofongo: Looking at their store. Their library is un-impressive.

Only thing notable about them for me is the fact they have the old Duke Nukem Games while GOG still hasn't convinced Gearbox to sell their games here.
Although I agree with you, a bit of trivia. Zoom's library is quite a bit larger than GOG's library was when you joined in 2011, at which point you probably could have said that, comparing GOG to other stores, GOG's library was unimpressive.
Breja: Damn, I missed that too. Did they say why?
Basically, gog added Zoom Platform to their FCKDRM website. Zoom Platform got wind of it and were not amused.

Some gog forumites also tweeted at Zoom, asking them why they'd turn down free exposure, and Zoom quite literally told them to mind their own business. I can't remember the exact phrasing, but I remember them being quite rude. Really left a sour taste in my mouth as far as Zoom is concerned. There's clearly some bad blood between them and gog over Killing Time, but even if they were in the right, they managed to come off like complete jerks.
Post edited January 18, 2021 by fronzelneekburm