It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Yep, and people are talking about it (boycotting) because GOG is digging a hole under themselves while those same people stand on it too...

Boycotting is the last people will do before they will be forced to jump out. Forced - because they don't want to.

But then, GOG can stay in that deep hole alone and close the business - because the hole will be so deep - there will be no people to help them to get out. Other people will hurt but survive. People that didn't see it coming will be shocked and blame people that saw it, warned about it and were responsible enough to speak out while they could stop.
Seems like some old story to me...

Also it's interesting, that despite of those bots downvoting here, they didn't delete the option to hide downvoted posts from profile options.
Seems like a design to me to hide stuff like this, at this point.
I just hope it's not 'on' by default for new accounts. That would be really.. really... bad.

Anyone knows?

EDIT: This post is invisible if I log out. :D
Post edited January 22, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
I made a post about boycotting of GOG and with related question if someone knows if the setting to hide downvoted posts is 'on' by default for new accounts (and why they didn't remove it?).

The whole post seems shadowbanned. It's here if I log in, but not if I log off.
Anyone can see it? (not this one :D)
low rated
I hope everyone has reported the spammer, but it would also help to not feed him ,)
We've all said our piece about it, and not engaging will either expose him or subdue him.
low rated
richlind33: I'm not saying it hasn't done any good, just that I think it could be improved.
I also agree with this....it could be improved. That said, it's been a "fun ride" of a thread so far, even if it hasn't changed much as of yet.

richlind33: Peace
Same to ya :)

=-=-=-=-=-=

springtoiffel: my god, then why don't you just start your own thread "boycotting gog 100%"?
Because despite their(repetitive) words, they're likely too lazy to want to bother putting any actual effort into helping to solve any of the issues presented in this thread......that, plus the decent likelihood that they're just here to troll people, and not actually fix/solve anything.
Post edited January 22, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
rjbuffchix: If anything, seems we need additional numbers and especially media/social coverage, not necessarily purity.
Whether that be "boycott level purity" or "anti-drm level purity"......but yes, well said and agreed 100%**.
(**It's actually part of the same stances i've held/talked about re: such things for awhile now :))

=-=-=-=-=

mqstout: Hopefully the moderation team can weed you out of here for us.
I've already reported our local spammer several times.....the first PM reply I got back was essentially "we're keeping an eye on them", and every PM i've sent after has been more or less met with silence. Yet more reasons for some to want to boycott/etc Gog, I guess.

That said, as I have advised several times previously: people should try to ignore said user, and stick to the current topics
low rated
Ramor_: I made a post about boycotting of GOG and with related question if someone knows if the setting to hide downvoted posts is 'on' by default for new accounts (and why they didn't remove it?).

The whole post seems shadowbanned. It's here if I log in, but not if I log off.
Anyone can see it? (not this one :D)
It wasn't there in the beginning (for whatever reason), but it is visible now.
low rated
patrikc: Thanks!
low rated
Ramor_: I made a post about boycotting of GOG and with related question if someone knows if the setting to hide downvoted posts is 'on' by default for new accounts (and why they didn't remove it?).
To answer your question: all low rated posts are hidden by default to new users and those who haven't changed that setting yet
(also iirc, all threads with low rated OP posts have their titles show up "greyed out"[instead of bright white] in the thread listings in general forums, even if they have new posts/replies added to them)
low rated
GamezRanker: Ah, that makes sense now. :D
Thanks!
low rated
Hm, interesting. I checked out a bit older screenshot. It shows that my posts:
3993 - the hidden one before - was made 2 hours ago
3994 - then one asking about the one before - was 9 minutes ago

Now they are both visible and shows 3 and 2 hours ago respectively.
Soo, any 1.xx=2? :D Confusing...

EDIT: And now it changed to 4 and 2. :D
low rated
Ramor_: Hm, interesting. I checked out a bit older screenshot. It shows that my posts:
3993 - the hidden one before - was made 2 hours ago
3994 - then one asking about the one before - was 9 minutes ago

Now they are both visible and shows 3 and 2 hours ago respectively.
Soo, any 1.xx=2? :D Confusing...
This is what I'm seeing at 10:17 UTC

3993: posted 4 hours ago (became visible later on), edited 3 hours ago
3994: posted 2 hours ago, edited 2 hours ago.

EDIT: well, I can confirm this post has not been visible for over 15 minutes while logged in.
Post edited January 22, 2022 by patrikc
low rated
patrikc: I saw your post but it disappeard when I logged in to answer it.
EDIT_1: Now I see it. :D
Yeah I see it now as well.
This site is wild today. It started to zoom for me, despite of not zooming. :D
I had to zoom to zoom back to usable.

EDIT_2: Now it's 4 and 3. :D I have three screenshots. Showing 4h and 2h / 4h and 3h / 2h and 9m :D 'before'.
EDIT_3: Tried to attach them, but it told me it's invalid format. :D (.pdf, under 2MB)
EDIT_4: Ah, it doesn't support format with more pages. Unfortunately, if I click on adding a new one (screenshot), it deletes the old one for me. :D
Attachments:
low rated
There is something missing in anger that seems primordial to me. And I would even say that comes before any other. It's the backing. Its more than 2 years and well before the covid that the problems of overload and delays in the processing of support began. But since 2019 almost constant that the support processing time is around several weeks or even 1 month. And nothing seems done for the support to return to normal. I can understand that the covid has a share of responsibility. But still, it's been years since it's lasted.

I'm not boycotting gog and I'm not slowing down my purchase either. But you can add me as sympathy to the cause because of the support problem that lasts too long.
low rated
rjbuffchix: If anything, seems we need additional numbers and especially media/social coverage, not necessarily purity.
GamezRanker: Whether that be "boycott level purity" or "anti-drm level purity"
"Zing!" :D

Though again I don't think it is the same thing, but you made me chuckle with this comment regardless.
Lukin86: There is something missing in anger that seems primordial to me. And I would even say that comes before any other. It's the backing. Its more than 2 years and well before the covid that the problems of overload and delays in the processing of support began. But since 2019 almost constant that the support processing time is around several weeks or even 1 month. And nothing seems done for the support to return to normal. I can understand that the covid has a share of responsibility. But still, it's been years since it's lasted.

I'm not boycotting gog and I'm not slowing down my purchase either. But you can add me as sympathy to the cause because of the support problem that lasts too long.
This is a really good point. It's almost like these companies (not just GOG) use "because coovid" as an excuse only to then NEVER return back to the previous standard of service. I think their feet should be held to the fire a little, especially when we see resources going to other areas and also when looking at general timing issues. For example, GOG never had the chatbot until recently. One would think if support was so overwhelmed for the last two years, it could have been introduced sooner, and, this makes the fact it is introduced now an even bigger "wtf."
Post edited January 22, 2022 by rjbuffchix
low rated
Ramor_: EDIT_2: Now it's 4 and 3. :D I have three screenshots. Showing 4h and 2h / 4h and 3h / 2h and 9m :D 'before'.
No need to worry about the timestamps on posts....they change like that over time :)

=-=-=-=-=-=

Lukin86: But since 2019 almost constant that the support processing time is around several weeks or even 1 month. And nothing seems done for the support to return to normal. I can understand that the covid has a share of responsibility. But still, it's been years since it's lasted.
Well tbf, not everyone had such long support times.

That said, I find the co-vid reasoning to be more of a copout/excuse to explain the lax support rather than a valid reason at this point....especially since they've had more than enough time to rectify the issue, and seeing as their "big solution" was to put up a support bot to (seemingly) dissuade some from filing tickets.

=-=-=-=-=

rjbuffchix: This is a really good point. It's almost like these companies (not just GOG) use "because coovid" as an excuse only to then NEVER return back to the previous standard of service.
Agreed/well said
Post edited January 23, 2022 by GamezRanker