It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Krogan32: First, you and your ilk's continual attacks against me just proves that I am correct due to triggering coming from you all. Second, you can stop lying as you literally said you have purchased games from GoG when you "boycotted" GoG. Therefore, your "boycott" is fake.
I haven't continually attacked you, or attacked you at all for that matter (although I have poked fun at you a bit). It seems like, in actual fact, your continual troll attacks on our thread prove we're right, no? I literally said I purchased *one* game from GOG, remember when we cleared that up previously? It's even in the post you quoted so stop lying, I can see right through the fake outrage of you and your ilk. Psychology 101.

As before, if you come up with a relevant, interesting angle to discuss I might reply to you again. Otherwise it's bye-bye Krogy Baby.
low rated
Hexchild: Consider that not only is the number of people participating a multiplier on average lost spending, but anyone participating, even someone who make no changes in spending, can still help with visibility.

The number of people participating (especially if significantly reducing their spending) has way, way, way more financial impact than whether each individual protester is following a 100% zero tolerance, no-spending policy.
Krogan32: I will repost my message because you intentionally ignored it: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life. A true boycott sends the message clearly. The justification/fake boycott sends a confused message. Psychology 101.
I disagree. That may work on small scales but I don't think it's quite applicable here.

It would severely limit the number of people willing to participate. By not accepting those who are less inclined to have a strong stance, you make it much less likely you'll reach those who might, and so those people either never think to boycott, or they boycott silently instead of gathering in one place where GOG can be informed that they exist and of what they would want. Keep in mind the effect of social reach is exponential.

What I believe can actually work is if there is a real risk to GOG's economy, if GOG is well informed about it, and if there is an obvious way out for GOG that would mean the risk never materializes.
low rated
Krogan32: I'm sorry that my factual statements and logic triggers you so much. No, I will remain here to inform others that are potentially receptive to boycotting GoG that they are following a boycott based on hypocrisy.
mqstout: Let's use a metaphor: There's a thread where people are talking about tennis. You hate tennis. You go in there and continually post about how tennis is the worst, and reciting reasons you believe tennis is the worst. No talk about tennis can happen anymore because you keep spamming that thread after every response with your self-believed evidence for why tennis is absolutely garbage.

That's precisely what's happening here. You've admitted you're going to continue to spam. Hopefully the moderation team can weed you out of here for us.
Bad analogies are bad. Anyways, it doesn't matter to me if you're triggered over my factual statements or not. What matters to me is getting to truth out their of this boycott based on false premises.
low rated
Krogan32: hypocrisy
faux
Here we go again... again. :/

Get some new material, dude!
low rated
Krogan32: First, you and your ilk's continual attacks against me just proves that I am correct due to triggering coming from you all. Second, you can stop lying as you literally said you have purchased games from GoG when you "boycotted" GoG. Therefore, your "boycott" is fake.
HappyPunkPotato: I haven't continually attacked you, or attacked you at all for that matter (although I have poked fun at you a bit). It seems like, in actual fact, your continual troll attacks on our thread prove we're right, no? I literally said I purchased *one* game from GOG, remember when we cleared that up previously? It's even in the post you quoted so stop lying, I can see right through the fake outrage of you and your ilk. Psychology 101.

As before, if you come up with a relevant, interesting angle to discuss I might reply to you again. Otherwise it's bye-bye Krogy Baby.
Thanks for proving me right!
Krogan32: I will repost my message because you intentionally ignored it: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life. A true boycott sends the message clearly. The justification/fake boycott sends a confused message. Psychology 101.
Hexchild: I disagree. That may work on small scales but I don't think it's quite applicable here.

It would severely limit the number of people willing to participate. By not accepting those who are less inclined to have a strong stance, you make it much less likely you'll reach those who might, and so those people either never think to boycott, or they boycott silently instead of gathering in one place where GOG can be informed that they exist and of what they would want. Keep in mind the effect of social reach is exponential.

What I believe can actually work is if there is a real risk to GOG's economy, if GOG is well informed about it, and if there is an obvious way out for GOG that would mean the risk never materializes.
Except 0 purchases works far better than X purchases when it comes to giving out the correct message. Anyways, I'll keep on pointing out that this boycott is based on a falsehood.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
Hexchild: What I believe can actually work is if there is a real risk to GOG's economy, if GOG is well informed about it, and if there is an obvious way out for GOG that would mean the risk never materializes.
Krogan32: Except 0 purchases works far better than X purchases when it comes to giving out the correct message. Anyways, I'll keep on pointing out that this boycott is based on a falsehood.
Considering how much it can stunt the growth of a movement like this, I think the effect of your "correct message" is negligible in comparison.
low rated
Hexchild: (deep voice) FINISH HIM!!
:D
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
Krogan32: Except 0 purchases works far better than X purchases when it comes to giving out the correct message. Anyways, I'll keep on pointing out that this boycott is based on a falsehood.
Hexchild: Considering how much it can stunt the growth of a movement like this, I think the effect of your "correct message" is negligible in comparison.
A mission based on false pretenses makes the mission fake.
low rated
rjbuffchix: Let's take your example of someone who stops purchasing anything. Without any clarification by the customer, the company "could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life," same as you allege with someone who reduced purchases.
Krogan32: This is false. No purchases shows dissatisfaction. Some purchases can mean anything. No matter how many times you try to justify your purchase of games from GoG while engaging in a "boycott", it will never mean that your "boycott" isn't anything but a lie.
This is wasted energy since you will are unlikely to admit to tripping yourself up, but for the benefit of other readers and participants...

Say there is no boycott topic at all, but there are still customers who have stopped purchasing entirely as well as other customers who have drastically reduced purchasing. Your assertion that "no purchases shows dissatisfaction" is completely unprovable and indistinguishable from someone else claiming "reduced purchases shows dissatisfaction," which in a vacuum (i.e. without the context of a thread like this) is also unprovable as indeed either customer may be perfectly satisfied with the store but unable to purchase for financial reasons, other life issues, etc, as you suggest. This is why a topic like this is valuable as it provides evidence to prove there actually does exist dissatisfaction.

Consider that with both types of customer, but without a voicing of their concerns, GOG would only be able to guess as to why either customer has changed their buying habits. For instance, maybe someone who stopped purchasing entirely simply has acquired all the games they want, or as you suggested could perhaps have lack of funds/new real-life concerns in the present now despite not it being that way in the past. Notice that the exact same is true for a customer who drastically reduced their spending? That is, maybe the person who drastically reduced their spending acquired most of the games they want, or have issues with funds/real-life etc compared to the past.

With the boycott topic, GOG can directly see in most instances why a customer has reduced or ceased purchasing, since the customers are able to directly voice their reasons.
low rated
Krogan32: This is false. No purchases shows dissatisfaction. Some purchases can mean anything. No matter how many times you try to justify your purchase of games from GoG while engaging in a "boycott", it will never mean that your "boycott" isn't anything but a lie.
rjbuffchix: This is wasted energy since you will are unlikely to admit to tripping yourself up, but for the benefit of other readers and participants...

Say there is no boycott topic at all, but there are still customers who have stopped purchasing entirely as well as other customers who have drastically reduced purchasing. Your assertion that "no purchases shows dissatisfaction" is completely unprovable and indistinguishable from someone else claiming "reduced purchases shows dissatisfaction," which in a vacuum (i.e. without the context of a thread like this) is also unprovable as indeed either customer may be perfectly satisfied with the store but unable to purchase for financial reasons, other life issues, etc, as you suggest. This is why a topic like this is valuable as it provides evidence to prove there actually does exist dissatisfaction.

Consider that with both types of customer, but without a voicing of their concerns, GOG would only be able to guess as to why either customer has changed their buying habits. For instance, maybe someone who stopped purchasing entirely simply has acquired all the games they want, or as you suggested could perhaps have lack of funds/new real-life concerns in the present now despite not it being that way in the past. Notice that the exact same is true for a customer who drastically reduced their spending? That is, maybe the person who drastically reduced their spending acquired most of the games they want, or have issues with funds/real-life etc compared to the past.

With the boycott topic, GOG can directly see in most instances why a customer has reduced or ceased purchasing, since the customers are able to directly voice their reasons.
Except for the fact that when money stops flowing into a company, then they know they screwed up. When money still is coming in, then they can keep going on with the status quo or make minor changes to offset those losses. This thread doesn't matter since you are still purchasing games from GoG, so GoG can just say, "Oh, they're just whining." while they count their money coming from your faux boycotters. If you actually stopped buying games, then that message is loud and clear. You're trying too hard to twist logic to fit your narrative, and you are failing at that.
low rated
Krogan32: This thread doesn't matter since you are still purchasing games from GoG, so GoG can just say, "Oh, they're just whining." while they count their money coming from your faux boycotters.
I'm baffled that you seem to believe they would say anything different if the 100-something people in this thread were being strict about it.
low rated
Krogan32: Except for the fact that when money stops flowing into a company, then they know they screwed up. When money still is coming in, then they can keep going on with the status quo or make minor changes to offset those losses. This thread doesn't matter since you are still purchasing games from GoG, so GoG can just say, "Oh, they're just whining." while they count their money coming from your faux boycotters. If you actually stopped buying games, then that message is loud and clear. You're trying too hard to twist logic to fit your narrative, and you are failing at that.
Except the company does not "know" that without context, as like you suggested there could be other reasons unrelated to a user's satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the store for as to why they stopped (or reduced) spending money at the store. All the company knows is that people have bought less...perhaps it is because all of them are in a dire world economy where they can't purchase additional entertainment right now. The company most certainly cannot conclude it is because of a "screw up," though I assume if the company realizes they are losing money, they should be doing more to court customers and especially to retain existing customers who they see are spending less but were once bigger spenders.

And what do you know...another point that I have already addressed, albeit to a different user.

Please see here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post3964

Relevant portion:
rjbuffchix: What if the people who reduced spending were much bigger spenders in the past? For instance, if a person is spending $0.00 now but previously spent $20 a year on GOG, doesn't it matter more to GOG that another person who spent $2,000 a year on GOG is now only spending $200? One would think it matters to GOG more what is on the balance sheet as a whole, instead of individual spending, no? (in other words, all else equal, it may be more effective if this boycott included more "hypocrites" if they were bigger spenders).
(emphasis added)
low rated
richlind33: The point I'm concerned about is that making it easier to be a boycotter comes at the expense of how much impact it has, which has nothing to do with semantics. If this was an effective boycott GOG would have acknowledged it.

Results are the only thing that matters to me.
Hexchild: Consider that not only is the number of people participating a multiplier on average lost spending, but anyone participating, even someone who make no changes in spending, can still help with visibility.

The number of people participating (especially if significantly reducing their spending) has way, way, way more financial impact than whether each individual protester is following a 100% zero tolerance, no-spending policy.
How much has this movement grown in the last year? What's the point of a boycott that doesn't have enough support to have significant impact on GOG's bottom line?
low rated
richlind33: What's the point of a boycott that doesn't have enough support to have significant impact on GOG's bottom line?
Having mouthbreathers like Yellow Avatar raging and seething in this thread. B-)
low rated
stuff takes time