It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Hexchild: Consider that not only is the number of people participating a multiplier on average lost spending, but anyone participating, even someone who make no changes in spending, can still help with visibility.

The number of people participating (especially if significantly reducing their spending) has way, way, way more financial impact than whether each individual protester is following a 100% zero tolerance, no-spending policy.
Krogan32: I will repost my message because you intentionally ignored it: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life. A true boycott sends the message clearly. The justification/fake boycott sends a confused message. Psychology 101.
my god, then why don't you just start your own thread "boycotting gog 100%"?
low rated
richlind33: The point I'm concerned about is that making it easier to be a boycotter comes at the expense of how much impact it has, which has nothing to do with semantics. If this was an effective boycott GOG would have acknowledged it.

Results are the only thing that matters to me.
You are suggesting that GOG would acknowledge the boycott, if only everyone involved spent $0.00 rather than some people indeed spent $0.00 while others have spent a fraction of what they used to spend? This does not seem to track much to me. For one thing, it is grossly naïve to the general lack of communication most of us complain about on GOG's part. If anything, seems we need additional numbers and especially media/social coverage, not necessarily purity. Even then, given past Twitter controversy, we know GOG doesn't always acknowledge stuff even if it becomes big.

And, as has been offered as an example already, what if the people who reduced spending were much bigger spenders in the past? For instance, if a person is spending $0.00 now but previously spent $20 a year on GOG, doesn't it matter more to GOG that another person who spent $2,000 a year on GOG is now only spending $200? One would think it matters to GOG more what is on the balance sheet as a whole, instead of individual spending, no? (in other words, all else equal, it may be more effective if this boycott included more "hypocrites" if they were bigger spenders).

As an aside, obviously GOG doesn't have access to our budgets. I concede that some people may be boycotting out of convenience (i.e. weren't able/going to spend here anyway, or, were going to spend less anyway). So all GOG can do is take us at our word. The fact that we have a long-running thread with nearly daily participation for over a year now, with people still adding to the boycott, is notable in and of itself. GOG can plainly see this thread is here. I would posit the reason they ignore our concerns is because they want to push further in their DRMed direction.
low rated
Krogan32: I will repost my message because you intentionally ignored it: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life. A true boycott sends the message clearly. The justification/fake boycott sends a confused message. Psychology 101.
springtoiffel: my god, then why don't you just start your own thread "boycotting gog 100%"?
Because, unlike you and your ilk I'm not "boycotting" GoG.
low rated
springtoiffel: my god, then why don't you just start your own thread "boycotting gog 100%"?
Krogan32: Because, unlike you and your ilk I'm not "boycotting" GoG.
and yet you seem to be oddly invested in what "me and my ilk" are doing.
low rated
rjbuffchix: ...
<Sigh> I have to keep schooling you and your ilk. To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life. A true boycott sends the message clearly. The justification/fake boycott sends a confused message. It doesn't matter what is on this thread, because GoG knows that you are engaging in a fake boycott as you are still buying from them. Psychology 101.
springtoiffel: and yet you seem to be oddly invested in what "me and my ilk" are doing.
I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy with your faux boycott so that others who may be sympathetic to the cause understands you and your ilk's duplicitous nature.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
Krogan32: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life.
I actually encapsulated this point in my previous post, having seen you made it but not really wanting the "pleasure" of engaging with you directly at the moment. But okay, for the benefit of the topic. The only reasonable method the company has to tell if we are dissatisfied is our comments to that effect combined with a lack (or total lack) of spending.

Let's take your example of someone who stops purchasing anything. Without any clarification by the customer, the company "could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life," same as you allege with someone who reduced purchases.

Therefore we need topics like this and concerns to be voiced, so that the company knows how to address them and can even see what is upsetting individual customers.
low rated
springtoiffel: It's like how I imagine having a mental breakdance with Cartman... :D
low rated
Ramor_: springtoiffel: It's like how I imagine having a mental breakdance with Cartman... :D
LOL
low rated
Krogan32: you and your ilk
Krogan32: Psychology 101.
Wahey he's got two new catchphrases!

I do think the "send a message" thing is an interesting point though. I stopped buying anything on GOG because of DRM creep and posted here to try and let them know why. They apparently said they were going to refocus on DRM-free and that was part of the reason I decided to buy a game. I posted about that on here too and it reminds GOG that I'm still a potential customer. If I simply disappeared off into the ether would that really have been a better way to get the message across?
low rated
Then please kindly GTFO from our thread and stop spamming us with your derailings. Your concerns have been addressed by multiple people in prior and ongoing posts.
low rated
Krogan32: To do anything less than a true boycott does not send the same message. If one stops purchasing anything from said company, then the company knows that person is dissatisfied with them. If one purchases less from said company, then they company could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life.
rjbuffchix: I actually encapsulated this point in my previous post, having seen you made it but not really wanting the "pleasure" of engaging with you directly at the moment. But okay, for the benefit of the topic. The only reasonable method the company has to tell if we are dissatisfied is our comments to that effect combined with a lack (or total lack) of spending.

Let's take your example of someone who stops purchasing anything. Without any clarification by the customer, the company "could think that the person just doesn't want to purchase as many things, or can't purchase as many things currently due to either lack of funds or issues with life," same as you allege with someone who reduced purchases.
This is false. No purchases shows dissatisfaction. Some purchases can mean anything. No matter how many times you try to justify your purchase of games from GoG while engaging in a "boycott", it will never mean that your "boycott" isn't anything but a lie.

rjbuffchix: Therefore we need topics like this and concerns to be voiced, so that the company knows how to address them and can even see what is upsetting individual customers.
A mission based on a falsehood means that mission is false.
mqstout: Then please kindly GTFO from our thread and stop spamming us with your derailings. Your concerns have been addressed by multiple people in prior and ongoing posts.
I'm sorry that my factual statements and logic triggers you so much. No, I will remain here to inform others that are potentially receptive to boycotting GoG that they are following a boycott based on hypocrisy.
Krogan32: Psychology 101.
HappyPunkPotato: Wahey he's got two new catchphrases!

I do think the "send a message" thing is an interesting point though. I stopped buying anything on GOG because of DRM creep and posted here to try and let them know why. They apparently said they were going to refocus on DRM-free and that was part of the reason I decided to buy a game. I posted about that on here too and it reminds GOG that I'm still a potential customer. If I simply disappeared off into the ether would that really have been a better way to get the message across?
First, you and your ilk's continual attacks against me just proves that I am correct due to triggering coming from you all. Second, you can stop lying as you literally said you have purchased games from GoG when you "boycotted" GoG. Therefore, your "boycott" is fake.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
Ah, I just realized that even anti-boycotters are on our side now. :D That's actually quite cool...
He is the voice of the true boycott! :D

Thank you, Krogan32...
low rated
Ramor_: Ah, I just realized that even anti-boycotters are on our side now. :D That's actually quite cool...
He is the voice of the true boycott! :D

Thank you, Krogan32...
If you actually paid attention to my statements, I've never said I was against boycotts. I have quite a few companies on my list, including Steam. However, I am against ones based on hypocrisy like the one perpetrated by the OP.
low rated
Krogan32: I'm sorry that my factual statements and logic triggers you so much. No, I will remain here to inform others that are potentially receptive to boycotting GoG that they are following a boycott based on hypocrisy.
Let's use a metaphor: There's a thread where people are talking about tennis. You hate tennis. You go in there and continually post about how tennis is the worst, and reciting reasons you believe tennis is the worst. No talk about tennis can happen anymore because you keep spamming that thread after every response with your self-believed evidence for why tennis is absolutely garbage.

That's precisely what's happening here. You've admitted you're going to continue to spam. Hopefully the moderation team can weed you out of here for us.
low rated
Krogan32: What a shift! Well, if you want to tell every newcomer to boycott truly and urge them to do that, I am not against it... when I think about it...
But still you can't know what people do or not... So.. I would just stop acting like I know... And yeah yeah, some people do it different...
But.. urge away... :D That is not the problem, I see...
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Ramor_