It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
fronzelneekburm: - The Chatbot
- Support requests going unanswered for weeks on end
- Crucial features missing from the review system, such as being able to edit or delete your own reviews.
I'm pretty agree with these. In my case, I wrote a ticket six weeks ago (I have email confirmation they received) and I still do not have any non-automated reply, more info here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/snk/kof_2002_um_new_net_code_for_gog_version/page1
low rated
rjbuffchix: Has the new and improved* catalog search had any effect on anyone's boycott? I do not recall off-hand if anyone had been boycotting due to the old style catalog.
I used to be annoyed that I had to re-select "Date Added" in the sort setting every time I browsed (as I had gone through the whole catalog and was keeping track of the point up to which I had checked which games I was interested in so far). That's no longer the case because that setting was removed.

Instead I'm rather apathetic to the whole thing since I can't trust the sort order if I sort by "Release Date" (which is the closest match I can find) and thus would have to go through the whole thing again to make sure I don't miss something I really like. Maybe at some point I'll do that so I can get back to seeing if anything new should be added to my wishlist. In the meantime, while it alone would not have been enough to put GOG on my list of boycott-worthies, it has the same effect in practical terms, at least until I gather enough momentum to make the effort and resolve it. But now it seems like the site at least remembers my sort choice.
EDIT: Never mind that last sentence. It seems I was mistaken. It remembers my choice if I refresh the browsing page, but not if I close and reopen it.

At least they got rid of those annoying auto-playing videos. Those made me avoid the GOG store page almost entirely and only occasionally check back out of curiosity to see if that train wreck had crashed yet.

Vendor-Lazarus: Possible reasons for boycotting and customer protest:

Any I missed?
Yes. Even if all of those issues and others mentioned here were resolved (and that's not to say all of them are necessarily things I care a lot about), if at that point GOG were still not communicating openly with their customer base I'd still be boycotting.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Hexchild
low rated
Vendor-Lazarus: Any I missed?
fronzelneekburm: - The Chatbot
- Support requests going unanswered for weeks on end
- Crucial features missing from the review system, such as being able to edit or delete your own reviews.
- A general hesitancy to engage with the community (though, to be fair, some efforts seem to have been made in the last couple of days) and if there is communication with the staff it's often in the form of damage control that often comes off as disingenuous at best (some egregious examples, off the top of my hat: "Many messages from gamers", "The gog build of Quake Enhanced Edition is currently being finalised" and "Gogmixes will come back")

While none of the above may be a boycott reason in an of themselves (with the exception of the decline in support, which is indeed worrisome), they certainly have contributed to my overall dissatisfaction.
- missing or no changelogs
- no option to download old versions or old patches
- no option of highly compressed archives
- no option to download only components needed (I.e. language packs)
- to add, mass downvoting on forums for which gog have “no” control
- spambots on forum with no action taken
Post edited January 15, 2022 by nightcraw1er.488
low rated
Ramor_: GamezRanker: Thank you for the info.
No problem :)

Btw, if you go to that site: if you like classic resident evil style graphics and/or ancient egyptian themes, I recommend the game "Curse: Eye Of Isis". It only allows saving in certain rooms & has "tank controls" for movement(one can use mouse for combat/etc), but imo it is still a decent enough game.
low rated
Btw, what happened to the OP (and to "some" others - quite a "few" people it seems)?

Did he get banned from participating in the 'community' by those "many gamers" for his profile picture and making threads about his experiences/opinions.. or he got sick and already left this platform? :D

If you look on his profile he stopped being active here, so it can be just one of those two things.
It's.. like.. always a very sudden cut off. Some people have public profiles so you can see it and their last posts.

Unless that also doesn't work as intended... True, browsers with common privacy shields (fingerprinting blockers, etc...) are not friends with this site... so, it goes sometimes a bit wild for me (even with cookies and javascript enabled). Still, I may miss some info from the page because this site is not built for a privacy.. at all.. and if I forget to put back a whole array of exceptions for this site after some setting-reset/reinstall of my browser, I can get confused for a while. :D Or.. a speed messes it up. This page/store is so slow (I use an optical fiber only).. so some scripts go wonky or something. Well and some of it is just broken...

Just interested to know...

Time after time I looked on forums in the past years, when I went to download some installers, just for the "buzz" about what doesn't work still, has DRM, missing content, outdated stuff, missing/outdated libraries for linux, etc... I have seen "common faces" pointing out serious issues when they tried to improve and care for this "service" (for free and in their free time, btw) and I am just not seeing them anymore... Even those I really didn't agree with when reading their posts defending it the all time. :D

I just wonder what kind of "sick" took a place for those people, especially the OP. It's like lots of constructive people of "both" opinions are off GOG/forums.

Noone else noticed?
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Ramor_
low rated
it's been three months [and change] since the hitman debacle with not a word from gog.

i'm renewing my stance for this year. no purchases on gog for 2022.
low rated
lostwolfe: it's been three months [and change] since the hitman debacle with not a word from gog.

i'm renewing my stance for this year. no purchases on gog for 2022.
This is not the right spot for that type of boycott. The OP has literally stated that he has bought games from GoG while "boycotting". So, to join the OP's group, you must still purchase games from GoG while engaging in a faux boycott. So, how many games should we be expecting you to purchase secretly this year?
low rated
Krogan32: The OP has literally stated that he has bought games from GoG while "boycotting". So, to join the OP's group, you must still purchase games from GoG while engaging in a faux boycott. So, how many games should we be expecting you to purchase secretly this year?
Finally, you've revealed how we can shortcircuit your dishonest attempts at stifling discussion once and for all. All we need is for OP to decree that the definition of forum discussion in this topic is that everyone is allowed to discuss, with the exception of you, krogan. After all, since this boycott is totally a result of us following OP, and absolutely not at all a decentralized movement with many different interests in styles, all we need is for "our" "leader" Time4Tea to exclude you from discussion. So, when should we be expecting you to leave the topic?
low rated
lostwolfe: it's been three months [and change] since the hitman debacle with not a word from gog.
They're almost certainly never going to say anything about this nor Devotion. You're of course welcome to boycott over this if you want, I just think you should expect that.
low rated
Krogan32: The OP has literally stated that he has bought games from GoG while "boycotting". So, to join the OP's group, you must still purchase games from GoG while engaging in a faux boycott. So, how many games should we be expecting you to purchase secretly this year?
rjbuffchix: Finally, you've revealed how we can shortcircuit your dishonest attempts at stifling discussion once and for all. All we need is for OP to decree that the definition of forum discussion in this topic is that everyone is allowed to discuss, with the exception of you, krogan. After all, since this boycott is totally a result of us following OP, and absolutely not at all a decentralized movement with many different interests in styles, all we need is for "our" "leader" Time4Tea to exclude you from discussion. So, when should we be expecting you to leave the topic?
You're projecting your own behaviors. Typical. Anyways, the fact is that if someone doesn't want to get lumped into the rest of the faux boycotters on this thread like the OP, then they should not sign up for membership on this thread. It's that simple. Hopefully you will grasp that concept one day.
low rated
Krogan32: Anyways, the fact is that if someone doesn't want to get lumped into the rest of the faux boycotters on this thread like the OP, then they should not sign up for membership on this thread.
SEETHING! xD
low rated
rjbuffchix: Finally, you've revealed how we can shortcircuit your dishonest attempts at stifling discussion once and for all. All we need is for OP to decree that the definition of forum discussion in this topic is that everyone is allowed to discuss, with the exception of you, krogan. After all, since this boycott is totally a result of us following OP, and absolutely not at all a decentralized movement with many different interests in styles, all we need is for "our" "leader" Time4Tea to exclude you from discussion. So, when should we be expecting you to leave the topic?
Krogan32: You're projecting your own behaviors. Typical. Anyways, the fact is that if someone doesn't want to get lumped into the rest of the faux boycotters on this thread like the OP, then they should not sign up for membership on this thread. It's that simple. Hopefully you will grasp that concept one day.
For what it's worth, I for one have no issue with being lumped together with this bunch. Because what I care about is GOG's current direction, having a place to voice my dissatisfaction with it for the benefit of all (and for GOG's benefit in particular), and whether and how a change can be affected. Not whether some of the individual people here are making all of the sacrifices they possibly can, or whether the term "boycott" is applicable to what people here are doing. Those things make no difference whatsoever, and your one-man crusade against the OP and this thread is, frankly, pointless.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Hexchild
low rated
Krogan32: You're projecting your own behaviors. Typical. Anyways, the fact is that if someone doesn't want to get lumped into the rest of the faux boycotters on this thread like the OP, then they should not sign up for membership on this thread. It's that simple. Hopefully you will grasp that concept one day.
Oh no someone's fed the troll again! Don't you have any other routines? Blah blah projecting, blah blah faux boycott.
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: Oh no someone's fed the troll again! Don't you have any other routines? Blah blah projecting, blah blah faux boycott.
I see that you are still salty that I factually called you out for engaging in a faux boycott. Maybe you should stick to with convictions instead of following the "I buy games while I 'boycott'."
Hexchild: For what it's worth, I for one have no issue with being lumped together with this bunch. Because what I care about is GOG's current direction, having a place to voice my dissatisfaction with it for the benefit of all (and for GOG's benefit in particular), and whether and how a change can be affected. Not whether some of the individual people here are making all of the sacrifices they possibly can, or whether the term "boycott" is applicable to what people here are doing. Those things make no difference whatsoever, and your one-man crusade against the OP and this thread is, frankly, pointless.
So, how many games have you bought then while engaging in a faux boycott? And, if it's "pointless" then why are you responding? Oh right... my factual statements are important enough for you to respond.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: Oh no someone's fed the troll again! Don't you have any other routines? Blah blah projecting, blah blah faux boycott.
Krogan32: I see that you are still salty that I factually called you out for engaging in a faux boycott. Maybe you should stick to with convictions instead of following the "I buy games while I 'boycott'."
Oh man, you kill me :D
You know I only bought one game (not games) and you know I've been boycotting Steam way longer than you. Is "factually" going to be your new buzz-word that you use over and over again now?