It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StrongSoldier: Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
Oh noes, some mindless, angry consumerist nobodies on social media want me to give up on my principles, whatever shall I do.

Yes, you're so right, me and my 787 GOG games want the store to fail. All you anti-boycott users are all the same, none of you bring an honest counter argument.
low rated
AstralWanderer: Achievements I can safely say are a non-issue for most here
I disagree. GOG allowing games onto its store, while knowing they lack feature parity with the same game as other platforms, that is a token example of GOG allowing their own customers to be treated like second-class citizens.

I've been informally boycotting all games that do that for years.

That's a very big issue, and one that GOG needs to rectify.

Also, wanting feature parity, including Achievements, is not equivalent to wanting "more development on Galaxy 2.0," although your post conflates those different things as if they are the same thing, even though they aren't.

GOG should in fact disallow games that lack feature parity, unless there are good technical reasons for why the features have to be removed on the GOG version, which there never is when it comes to Achievements (they are missing solely due to the devs being both cheap & lazy & unethical, and GOG's complacency in allowing them to get away with it).
Post edited December 04, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
Q.E.D to my point
low rated
StrongSoldier: Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
ReynardFox: Oh noes, some mindless, angry consumerist nobodies on social media want me to give up on my principles, whatever shall I do.

Yes, you're so right, me and my 787 GOG games want the store to fail. All you anti-boycott users are all the same, none of you bring an honest counter argument.
Yes, it seems the insecure loonies are out in force again ...

Let's give them a hand for keeping us on the front page!
Post edited December 04, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
StrongSoldier: Gog has been asked in social networks to ban you once and for all, that users are tired.

And I agree on some things like hitman or gwent or anything that has drm but not that gog has to have what you guys say and who doesn't like it to go away.

Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
I am not going to abandon GOG. But you can keep with the demands and complaints on whatever social networks you frequent.
low rated
StrongSoldier: Gog has been asked in social networks to ban you once and for all, that users are tired.

Abandon gog at once and leave us alone, we are fed up with you and we have said it a thousand times on social networks.
Is that a fact, like "many massages from many gamers" about Devotion?
Do you have any proof of those "many massages" on social networks or is that only your wet dream?

P.S. I don't use any social network, so you can't find me there even if you wanted! Cheers!
Post edited December 04, 2021 by GlorFindel
low rated
Hey downvoters/automated script: the virtual rep is virtually meaningless. You aren't going to silence this discussion, nor other discussions critical of GOG. And, if you would join us in demanding better of GOG, maybe positive changes could be made faster which means we would stop being as critical, sooner.
low rated
Oh, man. Somehow I missed this thread and people are still commenting on it.

I see this is about DRM. It's an old, common problem. Not surprised in the least bit, but it could be handled with more maturity and intelligence. You can do better than that.

I'm not gonna read this entire thread, but I'll address the OP's sentiment with some advice:

Try this with Steam and see if this is even gonna work. Valve does the same thing, per this argument. See if you truly are David to defeat this Goliath.

Boycotting GOG isn't gonna directly change your issue, especially the part where GOG has no part in making that choice to have games run with DRM. Your problem is directly with the publishers, and your job as the audience is to tell them what your demands are so they can supply. If you didn't like it, tell them. Start dialogue directly with them.

GOG is not your enemy here. The point of boycotting GOG is moot if publishers drop GOG and DRM still lives. In that case, congratulations, you have solved exactly 0 problems, if not worse. People will start blaming these boycotts if this keeps up.

Communicate with the publishers and discuss better solutions. We don't have GameSpy or any middleware like that. That is a unicorn, if it exists. Your solution is in-house with the publishers and that is the method they chose to design games. Not GOG just because they happen to do business with things that involve the current technology. Address it directly with the publishers and demand to change the face of gaming today. Your children would thank you instead of being mad for boycotting places like GOG.
TurdFerguson87: Try this with Steam and see if this is even gonna work. Valve does the same thing, per this argument. See if you truly are David to defeat this Goliath.
Steam has nothing to do with this. It's not part of this conversation. Such whataboutism is just a lame trick.

TurdFerguson87: Boycotting GOG isn't gonna directly change your issue, especially the part where GOG has no part in making that choice to have games run with DRM.
They have every part in deciding what games to sell. Not to mention something like Cyberpunk, CDProjekt's own game with DRMed cosmetic elements.

TurdFerguson87: Your problem is directly with the publishers,
No, no it's not. It's not the publishers who built this store on the promise of fighting a "DRM-free revolution".
Post edited December 04, 2021 by Breja
low rated
TurdFerguson87: Your problem is directly with the publishers,
Breja: No, no it's not. It's not the publishers who built this store on the promise of fighting a "DRM-free revolution".
and providing a better service than people downloading old games wherever they could find them.
low rated
TurdFerguson87: poo poo pee pee
I'm not reading this drivel but who cares about publishers.
low rated
Breja: Steam has nothing to do with this. It's not part of this conversation. Such whataboutism is just a lame trick.
Steam very much is plagued by the same core problem. It is also a highly popular platform. That popularity enables the problem that if a boycott occurred, there would be much momentum. You're missing the point.

They have every part in deciding what games to sell. Not to mention something like Cyberpunk, CDProjekt's own game with DRMed cosmetic elements.
Once again, you're missing the point. The core point of the boycott isn't about the business of selling games. The core point of the boycott is to attack the model used for games that require DRM. Boycotting and attempting to barricade the sale of the games isn't going to impede on the production of said games or attack that model when a publisher could also have its own storefront anyway. You're still missing the point.

No, no it's not. It's not the publishers who built this store on the promise of fighting a "DRM-free revolution".
Congratulations on missing the point 3 times now.

Swissy88: poo poo pee pee
Didn't say you had to.

The thread is drivel, but go off.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by TurdFerguson87
low rated
I have saved enough this year not buying from gog to buy myself an 18tb hdd!!!

On other news, it’s good news that Gwent and galaxy is moving to CDPR. Perhaps there will be some changes up and coming next year!
Breja: Steam has nothing to do with this. It's not part of this conversation. Such whataboutism is just a lame trick.
TurdFerguson87: Steam very much is plagued by the same core problem. It is also a highly popular platform. That popularity enables the problem that if a boycott occurred, there would be much momentum. You're missing the point.
What point? Again - Steam has nothing to do with this. This is not a thread about Steam. This is not Steam forum. We are not Steam users. We are not talking about Steam's policies, Steam's decisions... nothing. None of that is relevant. If your favorite vegan restaurant starts serving meat "go to McDonald's to complain about their burgers first" is not a relevant answer.

Breja: They have every part in deciding what games to sell. Not to mention something like Cyberpunk, CDProjekt's own game with DRMed cosmetic elements.
TurdFerguson87: Once again, you're missing the point. The core point of the boycott isn't about the business of selling games. The core point of the boycott is to attack the model used for games that require DRM. Boycotting and attempting to barricade the sale of the games isn't going to impede on the production of said games or attack that model when a publisher could also have its own storefront anyway. You're still missing the point.
You clearly have no idea what the boycott is about, and yet you keep trying to define it for others in such a way as to make attacking it easier. That's not a point I'm missing, that's you being full of crap :D

Breja: No, no it's not. It's not the publishers who built this store on the promise of fighting a "DRM-free revolution".
TurdFerguson87: Congratulations on missing the point 3 times now.
Congratulations on saying the same meaningless thing 3 times now. Next time, try actually having a counter argument.

Seriously, why is it that none of the people attacking the boycott can form a single relevant, coherent thought?
low rated
Breja: What point? Again - Steam has nothing to do with this. This is not a thread about Steam. This is not Steam forum. We are not Steam users. We are not talking about Steam's policies, Steam's decisions... nothing. None of that is relevant. If your favorite vegan restaurant starts serving meat "go to McDonald's to complain about their burgers first" is not a relevant answer.
I am very, very, very, aware this is not Steam, nor is this a Steam forum. You're missing the point.
You clearly have no idea what the boycott is about, and yet you keep trying to define it for others in such a way as to make attacking it easier. That's not a point I'm missing, that's you being full of crap :D
Try reading the OP and understanding what they're trying to achieve.
Congratulations on saying the same meaningless thing 3 times now. Next time, try actually having a counter argument.

Seriously, why is it that none of the people attacking the boycott can form a single relevant, coherent thought?
Maybe it's because you keep missing the point.
Post edited December 04, 2021 by TurdFerguson87