It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Grooves: Your arrogant attitude... You are uneducated and uninformed... You are incapable of bringing facts... you fool...
Projection 101.
nightcraw1er.488: It’s not going to change by the way, very little has.
Yer sadly I have been keeping up with GOGs achievements and there have been disapointing to say the least.

nightcraw1er.488: Next game will be a kernel module for galaxy to run streaming direct.
Steady on, if GOG were to wield such power. It would truely be over for Steam.

Time4Tea: I will not support that and so I am now planning to continue my boycott indefinitely, until we see clear signs of GOG reversing course and listening to their customers.
Sadly I'm with ya with the indefinitely boycott, I did have hope once that things may have turned around but it is very clear that GOGs management want the store front to have a bigger piece of the Steam pie and stupidly think it's the DRM-Free nature of the store front preventing it from happening.

Time4Tea: What I will probably do with the thread is start a new one without and 'end date'; carry over the current list to that thread and remove anyone who requests to have their name removed. I will link to this thread in the first post of the new one and post a link to that one here. I'm not sure if I can change the title of a thread, once I have started it.
This sounds like a great idea, I guess at the time when you had made this thread you had hopes it would not last longer then 2021. Instead it got worse, a funny world isn't it.

Krogan32: Projection 101.
Thanks for continually bumping the thread your a true hero.
It's like the staff is checking this thread to see which new reason they can add.
Embarassing.
I wonder what will come next time, it must be something brutally mean to surpass the last entries.
Krogan32: Just because I'm the only one engaging in sensibility? Yeah, you and your ilk have gone into full-bore conspiracy theory mode just like anti-vaxers.
*chortle* <sarcasm>Yeah, right on.</sarcasm> An attention-seeking, zero-content flamebaiter desperate to justify their own existence being the only one in the right.

Bought a pile of CD-Projekt stock back in 2020 did we, and now desperate to do anything to pump it back up? :D
Time4Tea: ...What I will probably do with the thread is start a new one without and 'end date'; carry over the current list to that thread and remove anyone who requests to have their name removed. I will link to this thread in the first post of the new one and post a link to that one here. I'm not sure if I can change the title of a thread, once I have started it.

I am totally open to any comments or better suggestions :-)
Why bother with a new thread at all? The title of this one (and its considerable length - in part thanks to the likes of Sadgit32) shows its maturity and highlights the longevity of this boycott, not to mention the determination of those taking part.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by AstralWanderer
AstralWanderer: Why bother with a new thread at all? The title of this one (and its considerable length - in part thanks to the likes of Sadgit32) shows its maturity and highlights the longevity of this boycott, not to mention the determination of those taking part.
I agree.

@Time4Tea: Why don't you just ask a blue to remove the 2021 from the title?
Another suggestion - include a link to the Remove HITMAN wishlist item in the first post.
low rated
Krogan32: Just because I'm the only one engaging in sensibility? Yeah, you and your ilk have gone into full-bore conspiracy theory mode just like anti-vaxers.
AstralWanderer: *chortle* <sarcasm>Yeah, right on.</sarcasm> An attention-seeking, zero-content flamebaiter desperate to justify their own existence being the only one in the right.
Dear lord, can you stop projecting your own behaviors onto others?
high rated
Krogan32: hysteria and fear mongering
Is there an echo in here?
I've just had a quick look back and this is the 8th time you've used that phrase in the last three pages. Don't go all hysterical on us! You'll be fear-mongering next ;-)
low rated
HappyPunkPotato: Is there an echo in here?
I can't help that you and your ilk are constantly engaging in the exact same behaviors.
Chaossaturn: @Time4Tea Whats the plan for next year are you going to make another thread? because after recent events I'm on that 2022 list.
Time4Tea: That's a good question! I had personally been planning to start buying again on a limited basis after the end of the year, if things didn't get any worse. By 'limited basis' I mean I would have considered buying 1 or 2 games I really want on a deep sale (probably in January) and nothing else for the rest of the year.

However, with the recent debacle over Hitman and the Piggyback Interactive Map before that for Cyberpunk, I do consider things to have gotten worse. It is very clear that GOG are flagrantly ignoring their user base and taking further steps towards opening up to DRM. I will not support that and so I am now planning to continue my boycott indefinitely, until we see clear signs of GOG reversing course and listening to their customers.

What I will probably do with the thread is start a new one without and 'end date'; carry over the current list to that thread and remove anyone who requests to have their name removed. I will link to this thread in the first post of the new one and post a link to that one here. I'm not sure if I can change the title of a thread, once I have started it.

I am totally open to any comments or better suggestions :-)
I wouldn't worry about the year in the forum title. This post will still be running into 2022 and may get some folks to check it out once next year gets here.

I thought about making a list as you do of things that I would have bought here if it weren't for GOG's move towards being just another DRM distributor, but decided against it. I could have easily spent a few hundred dollars over the last year but I won't buy anything (regardless of DRM status - last purchase Dec 2020) from GOG until/unless they remember their reason for success and the folks who got them going and promoted them for years. I suspect GOG doesn't give a flying monkey about those of us and will continue on their current path unfortunately. I'm sure their flock of those who are willing to pay for something that they don't own and be happy will continue buying though.
I've just had a quick look back and this is the 8th time you've used that phrase in the last three pages. Don't go all hysterical on us! You'll be fear-mongering next ;-)
Relevant:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post1266
high rated
Krogan32: I can't help that you and your ilk are constantly engaging in the exact same behaviors.
What, the same behaviours that you are?
And who exactly are my ilk? People who don't like DRM and are therefore disappointed to see DRM in a store run by people who promised to fight against it? That doesn't sound very hysterical. People who have been proven right about the increasing amount of DRM in games sold here? That doesn't sound very fear-monger-y.

And if we're gearing up for a "but online isn't DRM" discussion, let's just have a look at what GOG says on every game page (except Gwent) first:

"Why buy on GOG.COM?
DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play."

No online connection required so long as you don't mind playing only half of the game.

Ha ha ha!
high rated
I know the Hitman release still generates a lot of emotions, but I have to kindly ask you to remain civil and chill down your emotions a bit. This is directed especially to Krogan32 and Grooves. Insulting others (even if it's not vulgar) or using anti-vaccination argument as an example in the discussion, is a violation of our rules. Any insults or political arguments beyond this point will result in an official warning. Thank you.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Sarafan
high rated
Well, it's been a really long time since I posted anything. I could be happier if I could stay silent, though, — but I do not like what is currently happening with GOG. I do not like it at all and I returned to the forum to say about that loud and clear.

Being an ultra-loyal customer since March 2011 and having over half a thousand games on my account's virtual shelves, I hereby announce that I will not buy from GOG up until the end of this year. If the problems discussed here are sorted out by January — may be I will return.

But if the situation remains the same or becomes worse (which I consider to be more likely, unfortunately), I will just buy the last two games on my wishlist, make a backup of all the offline installers and pull the plug forever. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

@Time4Tea put me on the list, please.
nightcraw1er.488: Next game will be a kernel module for galaxy to run streaming direct.
Chaossaturn: Steady on, if GOG were to wield such power. It would truely be over for Steam.
Well, you say that in jest, but GOG have been pushing nvidia streaming service recently, giveaway recently, put Witcher series on there. It’s probably only a matter of time. Maybe they are working on integrating into galaxy now…
Post edited September 28, 2021 by nightcraw1er.488