It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Krogan32: Thanks for proving that you are merely projecting.

For someone that's been registered since 2013, your complaints of multiple file installers is pretty hilarious as many of the old games use that install structure. But, hey, at least you can continue with your faux hysteria and fear mongering like the rest of the vocal minority.
Truth007: lol you are mad that gog is a failure and is getting a lot of bad press. I can tell you are extremely mad like most fanboys get when someone talks negative about what they shill for. Hitman selling means just more games with drm coming, the progression which is a huge part of the game requires internet meaning you can only use the default items you start with. There are several games on gog with drm already actually and not just hitman. Now go enjoy your gog drm infested games and continue to shill for gog which is a minority anyways compared to steam ;)
<Pats you on your head> I'm not the one engaging in hysteria and fear mongering. You and your ilk are.
zakius: I've been buying games almost exclusively here, with some exceptions of other DRM free stores (and getting Humble Bundles only when these weren't contaminated with Steam variants at all)

there are some other issues than appearance of DRM in the store such as offline installers being split into multiple filers and being single threaded, but DRM just breaks the most basic principle of the store and mean I can't just safely click "buy" anymore, and that means I won't
.Ra: Can you elaborate on what this means? Thanks.
I can, at least for the "split" part.

If the Windows version of the game is over 4 GB, there isn't just one part to download. Rather, there's a bunch of files, each a separate download. Typically, there will be a small file containing a Windows executable (the installer), and some number of larger files, all except the last one being 4 GB.

In order to install the game, you must download all of these files (each is a separate download), put them all in the same folder, and then you can run the installer. This can be quite tedious for larger games. (For example, Bard's Tale 4 Director's Cut has 8 parts, each of which needs to be downloaded before the game can be installed.)

By comparison, the Mac OS version is 14 parts for some reason. The Linux version, on the other hand, is a single huge download, no separate downloads. (Though, it's worth noting that the Mac and Linux builds of this particular game are stuck on Update-3, while the Windows version is on Update-4.)

There actually is one advantage of splitting the downloads up like this; it allows one to download each part onto a FAT32 formatted flash drive, and then transfer it to another (possibly air gapped) computer. With that said, I note that bigger flash drives tend to be formatted as ExFAT these days, which can handle bigger files, and smaller drives can't fit the bigger games, as they've become huge in recent years, so this advantage is moot these days..
Truth007: lol you are mad that gog is a failure and is getting a lot of bad press. I can tell you are extremely mad like most fanboys get when someone talks negative about what they shill for. Hitman selling means just more games with drm coming, the progression which is a huge part of the game requires internet meaning you can only use the default items you start with. There are several games on gog with drm already actually and not just hitman. Now go enjoy your gog drm infested games and continue to shill for gog which is a minority anyways compared to steam ;)
Krogan32: <Pats you on your head> I'm not the one engaging in hysteria and fear mongering. You and your ilk are.
Continue to be mad and dance for me lol. Stay delusional about gog supporting drm if you want.
low rated
Krogan32: <Pats you on your head> I'm not the one engaging in hysteria and fear mongering. You and your ilk are.
Truth007: Continue to be mad and dance for me lol. Stay delusional about gog supporting drm if you want.
Silly rabbit... you can stop trolling now.
high rated
First post updated. Thanks to everyone who signed up today!

(and thanks, Krogan, for keeping us on the front page. Keep up your sterling effots my man! ;-) )
Time4Tea: First post updated. Thanks to everyone who signed up today!
There's a few now. I'm hoping for enough to make someone take notice, though I don't know if it will get there. But there are a lot from this incident alone which is good (or bad, if you look at it as people have lost that much faith).

mrkgnao: Yes, it is.
I just bought a copy. It looks interesting.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by paladin181
Time4Tea: First post updated. Thanks to everyone who signed up today!
paladin181: There's a few now. I'm hoping for enough to make someone take notice, though I don't know if it will get there. But there are a lot from this incident alone which is good (or bad, if you look at it as people have lost that much faith).

mrkgnao: Yes, it is.
paladin181: I just bought a copy. It looks interesting.
Thank you. Much appreciated.
high rated
Krogan32: I'm sorry that you are incapable of understanding that you are all a vocal minority on this topic. The game is selling extremely well.
Mr. Krogan, I have this strange suspicion that you're actually a sockpuppet for someone over at IO Interactive A/S.

Martin Munk Pollas, is that you?
low rated
Krogan32: I'm sorry that you are incapable of understanding that you are all a vocal minority on this topic. The game is selling extremely well.
Darvond: Mr. Krogan, I have this strange suspicion that you're actually a sockpuppet for someone over at IO Interactive A/S.

Martin Munk Pollas, is that you?
Just because I'm the only one engaging in sensibility? Yeah, you and your ilk have gone into full-bore conspiracy theory mode just like anti-vaxers.
@Time4Tea Whats the plan for next year are you going to make another thread? because after recent events I'm on that 2022 list.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Chaossaturn
Chaossaturn: @Time4Tea Whats the plan for next year are you going to make another thread? beacuse after recent events I'm on that 2022 list.
Good point, it was a bit daft putting year in the thread title when we know what GOG are like. It’s not going to change by the way, very little has. Other than one or two games I can remember being removed (probably not due to the comments though), and NMS being fixed (probably as dev got bombarded), nothing else has changed for the better. Next game will be a kernel module for galaxy to run streaming direct.
It's not hysteria it's GOG not backing up one of their core principles and why anyone ever came to GOG in the first place.
_Auster_: I'd suggest not extending the discussion with Krogan32.
There's a chance he/she is trying to get the thread locked, which is something common in other forums, such as Steam's.
(causing bickering = making people get less and less civil = derailing the topic and breaking the forum's ToS in the process = getting the thread locked as a result)
And even if it's not his/her intention, if things start getting bad, the thread will be locked.
Minority or not is irrelevant. GOG supporting DRM in any way, form or fashion completely negates the reason for GOG's existence. Got it? It matters. Your arrogant attitude doesn't change that fact.
rtwjunkie: I take it you've not played the game then? If you had, you'd know the game's status. I have, several years ago. Most of the game is indeed locked behind online access. It is the whole feature of the game and how it was marketed. It is indeed a DRM game, not a DRM-free game as GOG would have you believe.
Krogan32: You can stop lying. Only the online portion of the game requires online activation.
Yes, and that is every bit as egregious as single-player requiring it. Just because you don't understand why GOG exists don't attack others for it. You are uneducated and uninformed.
mastyer-kenobi: <personal insults and gibberish>
Krogan32: Thanks for proving that you are merely projecting.
zakius: I've been buying games almost exclusively here, with some exceptions of other DRM free stores (and getting Humble Bundles only when these weren't contaminated with Steam variants at all)

there are some other issues than appearance of DRM in the store such as offline installers being split into multiple filers and being single threaded, but DRM just breaks the most basic principle of the store and mean I can't just safely click "buy" anymore, and that means I won't
Krogan32: For someone that's been registered since 2013, your complaints of multiple file installers is pretty hilarious as many of the old games use that install structure. But, hey, at least you can continue with your faux hysteria and fear mongering like the rest of the vocal minority.
You are incapable of bringing facts because you don't even understand what you're talking about. That is why you immediately try to pivot and create false narratives like the "vocal minority" one. GOG is FOUNDED on NO DRM, you fool. The real problem here is the plague of people like you who are willing to sell those founding principles down the river and that's because you have no principles yourself and don't understand what it means to stand for something and back it up.
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Grooves
high rated
Chaossaturn: @Time4Tea Whats the plan for next year are you going to make another thread? because after recent events I'm on that 2022 list.
That's a good question! I had personally been planning to start buying again on a limited basis after the end of the year, if things didn't get any worse. By 'limited basis' I mean I would have considered buying 1 or 2 games I really want on a deep sale (probably in January) and nothing else for the rest of the year.

However, with the recent debacle over Hitman and the Piggyback Interactive Map before that for Cyberpunk, I do consider things to have gotten worse. It is very clear that GOG are flagrantly ignoring their user base and taking further steps towards opening up to DRM. I will not support that and so I am now planning to continue my boycott indefinitely, until we see clear signs of GOG reversing course and listening to their customers.

What I will probably do with the thread is start a new one without and 'end date'; carry over the current list to that thread and remove anyone who requests to have their name removed. I will link to this thread in the first post of the new one and post a link to that one here. I'm not sure if I can change the title of a thread, once I have started it.

I am totally open to any comments or better suggestions :-)
Post edited September 28, 2021 by Time4Tea
Yeah, I think it is only fair to join the "no buys from gog for remainder of 2021" after this hitman thing. Not looking good for the future of this place, I'm afraid.

.Ra: Can you elaborate on what this means? Thanks.
you have to download multiple files which isn't exactly convenient and the installer uses only single thread to decompress the data, not utilizing capabilities of modern processors, it's a minor issue, but makes installation take much longer than it could (around the factor of 8-10 on my machine) and IIRC Galaxy doesn't suffer from it