It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just bought several games here. Gog didn't ban me for over one and a half month now so one could consider this as a show of good faith. Or I am just not disciplined enough because games are my personal soma (not referring to the game with the same name)...
Anyway it wouldn't be fair to claim that I'm still boycotting gog completely. So could the op please remove me from the boycott list. You can keep me in the "sympathetic to the concept" list though.
Just noticed that last time I bought a game here was Jun 26, 2017. That's 4 years to this day. Guess I'm doing a pretty decent boycott.
Attachments:
low rated
viperfdl: Just bought several games here. Gog didn't ban me for over one and a half month now so one could consider this as a show of good faith. Or I am just not disciplined enough because games are my personal soma (not referring to the game with the same name)...
Anyway it wouldn't be fair to claim that I'm still boycotting gog completely. So could the op please remove me from the boycott list. You can keep me in the "sympathetic to the concept" list though.
Yes, of course - done.

Nalkoden: Just noticed that last time I bought a game here was Jun 26, 2017. That's 4 years to this day. Guess I'm doing a pretty decent boycott.
Yeah, that's quite a while. Were you looking to be added to the list?
AstralWanderer: ...browser plugins like NoScript or uBlock have to be seen as an essential security/privacy tool.
Couldn't agree more. Surfing isn't what it used to be. Often when I post a link to a friend, they will respond with something like 'Could not use that site' because of pop-ups or redirection, or unskippable/uncloseable ads etc. It's something that I don't see because I only surf with my shields up.
Games I have bought on Zoom Platform since the start of the year:

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - $3
Duke Nukem 3D - $5
AvP Gold Edition - $10
Deponia - $10
Return to Mysterious Island - $10
Curse - The Eye of Isis - $5
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising - $3
Moonbase Commander - $6
King's Bounty: The Legend - $7
A Boy and His Blob - $10
Star Wolves 1 - $4
XIII - $6
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord - $7
Gorky 17 - $5

In total, $90 that would have gone to GOG, if not for the boycott.
low rated
I stopped the boycott. But just a little.
Thief 2 and 3. $2

Time4Tea gj sticking to your values.
Post edited June 26, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Orkhepaj: I stopped the boycott. But just a little.
Thief 2 and 3. $2

Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done ;o)
Orkhepaj: I stopped the boycott. But just a little.
Thief 2 and 3. $2

Thanks. You know, I don't expect people to be perfect. If people make the odd slip here and there, want to buy Ultima Underworld before it gets de-listed etc., then I'm not going to hold it against them. If you are significantly reducing your spending compared to normal, I'd consider that a pretty good boycott.
I don't know about a coybott, but I was curious and had to check how much I've spent on GOG in the past couple years:

2019: 1540.98 eur
2020: 524.25 eur
2021: 0 eur
low rated
Anyone claiming to boycott GOG wouldn't post, claim free games, or even have an account here. Making exceptions and being wishy-washy is more like girlcotting.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: Anyone claiming to boycott GOG wouldn't post, claim free games, or even have an account here. Making exceptions and being wishy-washy is more like girlcotting.
Why not? You have to be involved to make a difference. As for free games, why not? I have spent a fortune here of the long time I have been a member, why should I refuse myself something which they offer to everyone with an account for free? The boycot is trying to effect change, nothing else.
DoomSooth: is more like girlcotting.
Are you also going to accuse them of having cooties? :D
DoomSooth: Anyone claiming to boycott GOG wouldn't post, claim free games, or even have an account here. Making exceptions and being wishy-washy is more like girlcotting.
Boycott has nothing to do with gender, it is named after Captain Charles Boycott who got in trouble with his tennats in Irland in 1880's. However, the word Girlcott has been in use since the late 1960's, and referrs to women activists and equal rights.... so are you saying that all that are boycotting gOg are female?

(ruining jokes since 1970)
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Why not? You have to be involved to make a difference. As for free games, why not? I have spent a fortune here of the long time I have been a member, why should I refuse myself something which they offer to everyone with an account for free? The boycot is trying to effect change, nothing else.
It's like saying "I'm leaving now. Don't make me do it, man! I'm really going and I won't come back. Nope. Never ever. You won't see me again. I mean it. This is the last straw. I'm counting to 3. One... Two... Two and one-one millionth..."

It isn't going to be taken seriously unless those people leave and never return.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by DoomSooth
Considered buying UW1 +2 , and Syndicate Plus. But I still have them on CD. Little desire to replay the UWs. Beat Syn, but American Revolt sucks.

Already bought Syn Wars long ago.
Hey, if the execs actually got fired over CP2077 and MAYBE bring in new blood who might be less censory, I MIGHT buy again.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by dick1982