It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

patrikc: Doesn't seem to faze GOG in the slightest. No improvement in sight.
Ganyse: Because there is nothing to improve, they know your feedback is overrated.
GOG continues to offer DRM, just because you have to get a T-shirt when you log in to Galaxy doesn't mean it's DRM, it's more like DLC

In the GOG community, you are marginalized, and GOG knows it, the numbers and their growing popularity prove it, as well as their interactions with their community everywhere else

They still know how to analyze a situation (contrary to what it seems, some posts seen since the beginning of this topic), it's not because you repeat something that it becomes true
When you bring them a real problem, they will try to solve it, make up for it or bring answers
Here, they don't do it, simply because you get stuck in your nonsense ideas, based on an element that you voluntarily adapted to your sauce, so the best answer remains silence
Right, it's all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Nothing wrong at all. Silence is the best option.
Impressive reply, thank you for educating me on the matter. My apologies for offending GOG and the majority. I mean, they know better, right? I should not speak against, the nerve on me. Now I will go sit in a corner and think about my egregious behavior.
low rated
LOL. This thread is pure comedy. "Total spent elsewhere so far: $11"

For one, it's very easy to say "oh, I would have bought this, and this, and this. So you've just lose this much money, GOG". Would you actually have bought that stuff? Maybe, but probably not. It's just something for you to say that you think reinforces your "boycott". In reality though it makes you look even more juvenile, petty, and laughable.

And speaking of boycott... Like... Why are you guys still even here? You don't like the service anymore to the point that you want to boycott it, so why even waste your time on the forums?
Post edited June 14, 2021 by TomNuke
low rated
TomNuke: LOL. This thread is pure comedy. "Total spent elsewhere so far: $11"

For one, it's very easy to say "oh, I would have bought this, and this, and this. So you've just lose this much money, GOG". Would you actually have bought that stuff? Maybe, but probably not. It's just something for you to say that you think reinforces your "boycott". In reality though it makes you look even more juvenile, petty, and laughable.

And speaking of boycott... Like... Why are you guys still even here? You don't like the service anymore to the point that you want to boycott it, so why even waste your time on the forums?
Especially if they really boycott and I mean really boycott. They shouldn't even get the free games back. Even more if they have a multi that uses galaxy which celons is a drm. ^^
high rated
TomNuke: In reality though it makes you look even more juvenile, petty, and laughable.
Good thing you're here, Mr. Respectable McSeriousPerson, to show everyone a better way by the example of insulting people on teh Interwebz :D
mrkgnao: I thought I'd keep a record of GOG games I would definitely have bought, were it not for my boycott.
(...)
Lukin86: If you really boycott it. You wouldn't take free games like hellpoint either.In addition to the multi request galaxy. So drm according to your standards. So I don't understand why you took it.
You're just doing a half-boycott ^^.
Do you have ANY proof that mrkgnao allegedly took the game and then specificly from the banner?
Or are you just trying to pick a fight by accusing someone with no proof?

patrikc: Doesn't seem to faze GOG in the slightest. No improvement in sight.
Ganyse: Because there is nothing to improve, they know your feedback is overrated.
GOG continues to offer DRM, just because you have to get a T-shirt when you log in to Galaxy doesn't mean it's DRM, it's more like DLC
It's a DRMed DLC. Your lack of understanding of that fact does not change the reality of it.

Ganyse: When you bring them a real problem, they will try to solve it, make up for it or bring answers
Here, they don't do it, simply because you get stuck in your nonsense ideas, based on an element that you voluntarily adapted to your sauce, so the best answer remains silence
Dude, you are either trolling, white-knighting/defending GOG "oh because I love the platform so it surely must not have flaws" or you are just very uninformed :P

TomNuke: Would you actually have bought that stuff? Maybe, but probably not.
How about you speak for yourself instead of accusing people of being unfaithful with their personal private claims?

TomNuke: In reality though it makes you look even more juvenile, petty, and laughable.
What in reality is such as you described is your such words directed at others just because they have enough courage to addmitt some personal financial decisions publicly.

TomNuke: And speaking of boycott... Like... Why are you guys still even here? You don't like the service anymore to the point that you want to boycott it, so why even waste your time on the forums?
("Among other reasons") We are making GOG servers' power bills greater. Who are you to deny us this opportunity?

What are YOU doing here if you seemingly don't agree with the premise of this thread?
Are you perhaps one of those individuals that are here for "entertainment"?

Lukin86: Especially if they really boycott and I mean really boycott. They shouldn't even get the free games back. Even more if they have a multi that uses galaxy which celons is a drm. ^^
People don't have to use multiplayer portion of the game and you don't even have any proofs.
You are just desperately trying to aggravate some people here for some reason.
mrkgnao: I thought I'd keep a record of GOG games I would definitely have bought, were it not for my boycott.

GAMES NOT BOUGHT ON GOG IN 2021
(1) 18/1/21: Dread Nautical - $10
(2) 18/1/21: Operencia: The Stolen Sun - $15
(3) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 3 Deluxe - $2.5
(4) 29/1/21: Way of the Samurai 4 + DLC - $3.5
(5) 10/2/21: Drakensang - $3
(6) 10/2/21: Commander Keen Complete Pack - $1.5
(7) 10/2/21: XCOM 2 - $4.5
(8) 26/2/21: Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four - $9
(9) 22/3/21: Raji: An Ancient Epic - $12.5
(10) 30/3/21: Worms World Party Remastered - $2
(11) 2/4/21: Steel Rats Original Soundtrack - $1
(12) 29/4/21: Hob - $4
(13) 30/4/21: The 7th Circle - Endless Nightmare - $5
(14) 3/6/21: Warhammer Quest Deluxe - $4.5
(15) 3/6/21: Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times - $10
(16) 9/6/21: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - $3
(17) 9/6/21: THIEF: Definitive Edition - $6
(18) 9/6/21: Fae Tactics - $12
(19) 9/6/21: Loop Hero - $10
(20) 9/6/21: Styx: Master of Shadows - $2
(21) 14/6/21: Hellpoint Supporter Pack - $4

Total not spent on GOG so far: $125

===========================================================================================

Additionally, after 12 years of buying nothing but GOG, I have finally decided to buy video games elsewhere.

GAMES BOUGHT ELSEWHERE IN 2021 (all of them DRM-free and, more importantly, client-free)
(1) Humble Store - $8
(2) Indiegala - $3

Total spent elsewhere so far: $11

===========================================================================================
Lukin86: If you really boycott it. You wouldn't take free games like hellpoint either.In addition to the multi request galaxy. So drm according to your standards. So I don't understand why you took it.
You're just doing a half-boycott ^^.
I don't know what "multi request galaxy" means. If you mean that "multiplayer requires galaxy", then I couldn't care less. I don't play multiplayer games (or the multiplayer portions of single player games). If not, could you please explain?

I have also repeatedly stated that I have no problem with GOG selling DRM games. That is not the reason for my boycott.

Finally, my boycott means that I refuse to give GOG money. I will gladly have them give me their entire catalogue (just like they gave me Gwent without asking my permission), as long as I don't have to pay for it.
low rated
"Dude, you are either trolling, white-knighting/defending GOG "oh because I love the platform so it surely must not have flaws" or you are just very uninformed :P"

I don't think so
The only worrying thing that GOG did was that the programs were connecting to the internet
After asking them (and providing the answer here, which people didn't pay attention to, because it didn't suit them), they said that it was the games' graphics engine that was trying to connect, and that it was up to the developer to disable it
And that its presence or not did not affect DRMfree in any way

That's the only thing they answered, because that's the only thing that deserved an answer, because the problem was justified, unlike the ones you're making up

"Right, it's all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Nothing wrong at all. Silence is the best option.
Impressive reply, thank you for educating me on the matter. My apologies for offending GOG and the majority. I mean, they know better, right? I should not speak against, the nerve on me. Now I will go sit in a corner and think about my egregious behavior."

You can do as you like, but don't be surprised if GOG doesn't answer you, considering the things you can read here, and it's much better for them
Especially if it is to answer with general retorts, there is no better way to not justify yourself and think you are right

In any case, after discussing with the CMs, the sales reports published by GOG and interacting with the community on various places, including discord, I am pleased to see that you are a very small minority, and that your nonsense thinking have no real effect, and that the reality is quite different
I just wanted you to know that, in your bubble
low rated
Especially when done they don't really boycott. Because like I said a real boycott if they clearly respect what they say, they should not even take the free games. Because even if it is 0 euros its remains in a way a purchase and therefore accepts what gog offers. A real boycott, we buy nothing, we take nothing even if it's free (like a blockade). But since it's free, they can afford to transgress like it's a straight pass. So in the end their boycott arguments are worth nothing.
Ganyse: You can do as you like, but don't be surprised if GOG doesn't answer you, considering the things you can read here, and it's much better for them
Especially if it is to answer with general retorts, there is no better way to not justify yourself and think you are right

In any case, after discussing with the CMs, the sales reports published by GOG and interacting with the community on various places, including discord, I am pleased to see that you are a very small minority, and that your nonsense thinking have no real effect, and that the reality is quite different
I just wanted you to know that, in your bubble
Had I been in your shoes, knowing GOG is doing so well and the boycott represents just a very small minority, I would not have taken time to bother with the movement at all.
You have to think about what's making you post here if everything is OK in your reality. I'm not sure if you went through this thread (or others for that matter), I also assume you are relatively new to the platform, so I can see how you might have a different view, that's somewhat understandable.
We obviously do not see eye to eye and that is just fine, but it would be great if you were to have a better understanding of the overall situation, rather than equate legitimate concerns to nonsense thinking.
I could easily say you are living in a bubble at the moment, since you are so dismissive of anyone that does not share your point of view. I see it in a different light though, as not being around for enough time to know better.
Anyway, I hope you will never get to be disappointed with GOG. For me it used to be a great place, my go-to platform for years. Yes, shockingly enough, I do not agree with some of the decisions GOG has made, especially as of late, and I am not alone in this. I would've left a long time ago had I been the only one to think this way. I won't though, because I am still hoping that this will be a much better place in the future.
Things change with time, people's interests and way of thinking as well. Ignoring problems and trying to silence those that point to them cannot lead to anything good in the long run.
I will direct you now to a thread from 2017, it was about that time that I started to grow concerned with the direction GOG was following.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/offline_installers_with_an_option_to_install_gog_galaxy/page1
Ganyse: GOG continues to offer DRM, just because you have to get a T-shirt when you log in to Galaxy doesn't mean it's DRM, it's more like DLC
More like a DRM-ed DLC. There's no reason not to offer it like they do any other DLC with an offline installer.

At the risk of being juvenile, I just looked at my emails from the Summer Sale in 2019 and I spent £78 then so yes, I probably would have spent a bit (although not a great lot).
As for why I'm still here, I enjoy reading the forum. Or perhaps I just like having a moan as you apparently do or else why would you be wasting your time in this thread?

Ganyse: The only worrying thing that GOG did was that the programs were connecting to the internet
After asking them (and providing the answer here, which people didn't pay attention to, because it didn't suit them), they said that it was the games' graphics engine that was trying to connect, and that it was up to the developer to disable it
Some games connect to the internet to collect telemetry; not DRM but still not great. Other games do have (what I and others consider to be) DRM as listed in this thread. Obviously if you're an anti-DRM customer choosing to shop on GOG because they claim to be anti-DRM too that's going to be a problem. Plus, there are other things people in this thread consider problems like the way they handled the "Devotion" sutuation.

Lukin86: Especially when done they don't really boycott. Because like I said a real boycott if they clearly respect what they say, they should not even take the free games.
Why not? Some people claim the point of a boycott is to financially hurt the business. Surely spending no money but still claiming free games is a good way of acheiving that?
low rated
Ganyse: GOG continues to offer DRM, just because you have to get a T-shirt when you log in to Galaxy doesn't mean it's DRM, it's more like DLC
HappyPunkPotato: More like a DRM-ed DLC. There's no reason not to offer it like they do any other DLC with an offline installer.

HappyPunkPotato: At the risk of being juvenile, I just looked at my emails from the Summer Sale in 2019 and I spent £78 then so yes, I probably would have spent a bit (although not a great lot).
As for why I'm still here, I enjoy reading the forum. Or perhaps I just like having a moan as you apparently do or else why would you be wasting your time in this thread?

Ganyse: The only worrying thing that GOG did was that the programs were connecting to the internet
HappyPunkPotato: Some games connect to the internet to collect telemetry; not DRM but still not great. Other games do have (what I and others consider to be) DRM as listed in this thread. Obviously if you're an anti-DRM customer choosing to shop on GOG because they claim to be anti-DRM too that's going to be a problem. Plus, there are other things people in this thread consider problems like the way they handled the "Devotion" sutuation.

Lukin86: Especially when done they don't really boycott. Because like I said a real boycott if they clearly respect what they say, they should not even take the free games.
HappyPunkPotato: Why not? Some people claim the point of a boycott is to financially hurt the business. Surely spending no money but still claiming free games is a good way of acheiving that?
For some, they say themselves it is not financially harmful but to show that they are against the policy gog (I refer you in the preceding threads of this post where they say it clearly). And if it just takes a free game to remove their values, it must be said that boycotting has no value.

A boycott by definition is a blockade. We take nothing from anything, from the one where we boycott. Accepted a free meme thing is not more of a boycott
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/fr/dictionnaire/anglais/boycotting
Post edited June 15, 2021 by Lukin86
Lukin86: For some, they say themselves it is not financially harmful but to show that they are against the policy gog (I refer you in the preceding threads of this post where they say it clearly). And if it just takes a free game to remove their values, it must be said that boycotting has no value.
Some people want to financially harm them, some don't and just want to send a message or don't want to buy here because they feel GOG have been dishonest (and probably other reasons). You're still not supporting the shop by accepting a free game. I plan to accept every free game they offer while I'm boycotting, some people are accepting none.
low rated
Lukin86: For some, they say themselves it is not financially harmful but to show that they are against the policy gog (I refer you in the preceding threads of this post where they say it clearly). And if it just takes a free game to remove their values, it must be said that boycotting has no value.
HappyPunkPotato: Some people want to financially harm them, some don't and just want to send a message or don't want to buy here because they feel GOG have been dishonest (and probably other reasons). You're still not supporting the shop by accepting a free game. I plan to accept every free game they offer while I'm boycotting, some people are accepting none.
By accepting free games it is not really a boycott in this case. Because on the one hand you still accept what gog offers. The free game is ultimately a straight pass. So frankly worth boycott arguments doesn't really have any legitimacy since you're willing to give in just because it's free. . I refer you to the definition of boycott.

Post edited June 15, 2021 by Lukin86
HappyPunkPotato: Some people want to financially harm them, some don't and just want to send a message or don't want to buy here because they feel GOG have been dishonest (and probably other reasons). You're still not supporting the shop by accepting a free game. I plan to accept every free game they offer while I'm boycotting, some people are accepting none.
Lukin86: By accepting free games it is not really a boycott in this case. Because on the one hand you still accept what gog offers. The free game is ultimately a straight pass. So frankly worth boycott arguments doesn't really have any legitimacy since you're willing to give in just because it's free. . I refer you to the definition of boycott.

"To refuse to buy a product", well taking a free one isn't buying. It's just you that for no reason decided that taking a free game means it's not really a boycott. You can of course keep repeatign that, as you are doing now, but it won't make it any more true.
Post edited June 15, 2021 by Breja
Lukin86: By accepting free games it is not really a boycott in this case. Because on the one hand you still accept what gog offers. The free game is ultimately a straight pass. So frankly worth boycott arguments doesn't really have any legitimacy since you're willing to give in just because it's free. . I refer you to the definition of boycott.

"Or" denotes an alternative, whereas "and" points to a connection or addition. The definition clearly incorporates or, not and. In other words, a boycott can be manifested in two ways (in this case): either by not purchasing or by not partaking in any activity. The word you're looking for (that is to say and) is nowhere to be seen here.