It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time4Tea: I'm going to ignore the latest XIII freebie from GOG. If I want it, I'll buy it for $6 from Zoom Platform and help support them.
Breja: I still have my retail copy, but I was going to grab the free GOG copy for backup, because "why not". Well, turns out "I agree to receive marketing communication bla bla bla" is the why not :P I'm so tired of them pushing this spam like it's hot fudge sundae.
Those marketing communications can be disabled right afterwards. Click on https://www.gog.com/account/settings/subscriptions and unclick what you dont like.
I guess it's a matter of principle. Also, you have to subscribe to the news letter for the free game. Sure, you can unsubscribe again, but I totally agree with someone who is annoyed with GOG and won't send them a 'hey, send me more PR gibberish' signal.
Lifthrasil: I guess it's a matter of principle. Also, you have to subscribe to the news letter for the free game. Sure, you can unsubscribe again, but I totally agree with someone who is annoyed with GOG and won't send them a 'hey, send me more PR gibberish' signal.
This, plus signing up to get a free game and unsubscribe right after just feels dishonest. I dislike the way they do giveaways now, doesn't mean I feel entitled to get the game anyway.
Post edited March 30, 2021 by Breja
Lifthrasil: I guess it's a matter of principle. Also, you have to subscribe to the news letter for the free game. Sure, you can unsubscribe again, but I totally agree with someone who is annoyed with GOG and won't send them a 'hey, send me more PR gibberish' signal.
Breja: This, plus signing up to get a free game and unsubscribe right after just feels dishonest. I dislike the way the do giveaways now, doesn't mean I feel entitled to get the game anyway.
+1
Time4Tea: I'm going to ignore the latest XIII freebie from GOG. If I want it, I'll buy it for $6 from Zoom Platform and help support them.
nightcraw1er.488: Hey, if you want a good freebie, check out Fireflower, they have Billy Masters Was Right which is a real fun, short point and click adventure (and there is another one free but I don’t know that one):
https://fireflowergames.com/products/billy-masters-was-right?mc_cid=a4bcd6ed0d&mc_eid=c049c09e5b
https://fireflowergames.com/products/urban-witch-story?mc_cid=a4bcd6ed0d&mc_eid=c049c09e5b
You are right!, and both are made by only one person, incredible! Very funny, i strong recommend both. Urban Witch Story is really interesting. They are on itch.io as well.
nightcraw1er.488: Hey, if you want a good freebie, check out Fireflower, they have Billy Masters Was Right which is a real fun, short point and click adventure (and there is another one free but I don’t know that one):
https://fireflowergames.com/products/billy-masters-was-right?mc_cid=a4bcd6ed0d&mc_eid=c049c09e5b
https://fireflowergames.com/products/urban-witch-story?mc_cid=a4bcd6ed0d&mc_eid=c049c09e5b
Billy Masters is a great little game, especially if someone likes 80s films.

Urban Witch story is actually a way longer game, could honestly pass as a proper release and not just freeware. I've seen worse retro nostalgia cash-ins make a decent buck. That said, I got stuck in it eventually and never managed to finish it :D
Breja: This, plus signing up to get a free game and unsubscribe right after just feels dishonest. I dislike the way they do giveaways now, doesn't mean I feel entitled to get the game anyway.
I, on the other hand, have no problem with this and have just unsubscribed from the newsletter again :-D
Time4Tea: Because I would rather use the opportunity to support a DRM-free GOG alternative and help them grow. It's not as if I'll have time to play it in the next 3 years anyway ...
Cadaver747: I thought XIII was perfectly DRM-free. But anyway...
Sorry if my post was unclear. I wasn't trying to imply that XIII is not DRM-free on GOG (I'm sure it is), just that I would like to support an alternative DRM-free store to GOG and buying XIII from them is another opportunity to do that.
high rated
mrkgnao: On the other side, by continuing to post here, he keeps the spirit of boycott alive and may come to convince others to join. Nobody would know of the boycott otherwise.

If one sees in the street one kid bullying another, one could say "I hate bullies, so I'd better walk down another street", or one might actually try to stop the bullying (and get a black eye in the process).
samuraigaiden: I'll say one thing. If a random user starts using my forums or my social media posts comment section to call for a boycott of my company or my products, I would ban that user in a hear beat. Clearly GOG is a lot more tolerant.
That kind of behaviour would probably result in a shit storm on social media platforms.
I don't use any of the established social media platforms except maybe YT.
And I'm also disappointed in GOG. They are violating the GDPR by placing unwanted cookies and the quality of support has taken a nose dive of late, especially when it comes to Linux support.
Time for a proper offline backup.
@Time4Tea: Please feel free to add me to the list of people that are sympathetic to the concept of a boycott.
Post edited March 31, 2021 by jorlin
high rated
Hi. I’m mostly boycotting GOG indefinitely because their CS has refused to respond to an honest inquiry I made back in mid-December, despite several followup emails from my end. I don’t really intend to support a company that can’t provide any support to its paying customers.
Souffrir: Hi. I’m mostly boycotting GOG indefinitely because their CS has refused to respond to an honest inquiry I made back in mid-December, despite several followup emails from my end. I don’t really intend to support a company that can’t provide any support to its paying customers.
Yes, support has become a matter of luck. Some tickets are taken care of quite quickly. Some take a long time. Some are never answered.
Time4Tea: So, how do you explain/rationalize GOG providing technical support for EGS games sold via Galaxy?
I explain it by :
I can understand the rational but I find the way Gog is handling it to be pretty bad and I think it will blow up in their face.
As I said in the Epic thread, I think that using Galaxy as a "front end" to purchase games on other platform is one thing, but having said game have Gog support and Gog condition is pretty dumb, not only it will increase Gog support ten fold (and we all know that the support has trouble handling sudden load of requests) but it will create confusion in peoples mind. Maybe it is only during the test phase to convince peoples to test the feature but won't work like that when it is out of beta.
low rated
I made a very slight adjustment to my boycott parameters. Extremely cheap games sporting heavy discounts means Gog makes virtually nothing from me, so I took War Wind 2 90% off ($0.21 - snowdrop deal) , plus the DLC for Divinity: Dragon Commander which I already owned, also 90% off ($0.18) So this means Gog received 39 cents from me on this sale.

But I also made a list of everything that would stay in my cart beside those 39 cents, were not for the boycott:
Figment
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG X
SENGOKU 3
Sacred Gold
Mob Rule Classic
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Hitman: Codename 47
Settlers 3: Ultimate Collection
Alwa's Awakening
Shining Song Starnova
Shining Song Starnova: Idol Empire
Archimedean Dynasty
Warrior Kings
Warrior Kings: Battles
Level22 Gary’s Misadventures
A Vampyre Story
Predynastic Egypt
Yoku's Island Express
Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition
Barrow Hill: Curse of the Ancient Circle
Barrow Hill: The Dark Path
Asterix & Obelix XXL 2
Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond
INSIDE

(Note there were several games in the list that pass my filter of huge discount and very low price and I still decided not to get. Also, had to remove games that were boycotted earlier this year)

Total for the list above in regional BR prices = $28.87 . Unfortunately for Gog, instead of my spending $29.26 they will have to be content with those 39 cents.

I am glad to announce that adding the $28.87 to the $25.73 I had saved so far I'm already 54.60 dollars richer in 2021. Thank you Gog.
low rated
I think the best thing would be for you to stop buying at gog. Honestly here there are users who say they are boycotting and then they have bought games.

Most users only use their game without drm and with the galaxy option. That's what gog gives users.

You have the zoom platform. Please buy there and leave the rest of the users alone.
Haven't bought anything on GOG in January, February and March. The last time I hadn't bought anything here for three whole months was in 2013.