It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
Id love to see some GOG gift cards in stores.
high rated
I updated the newspost with details on why we temporarily disabled this feature.
When you reimplement it in the near future make sure that you're using the new version of 3DS-secure. It's supposed to streamline the payment process. Good on you to disable 3DS.

It's not ready yet, even PSD2 isn't ready yet. It's still too early for this.
emter_pl: I updated the newspost with details on why we temporarily disabled this feature.
Ahh, that would explain why it asked me to do it only once.

Any ETA on when it will be brought back?
low rated
JRobertDobbs: Why the hell does it open my browser. Why can't it do it in Galaxy?
It might not support it. Does galaxy even support web pages loading into it?
JRobertDobbs: Why the hell does it open my browser. Why can't it do it in Galaxy?
BigBobsBeepers: It might not support it. Does galaxy even support web pages loading into it?
No idea how Galaxy is setup but it is a web browser effectively, I think its Chromium Embedded Framework
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_Embedded_Framework
If its set to only allow a whitelist of sites and punt any others to your browser then that could be the issue as the bank system could redirect to a number of different sites to handle the verification.
It looked like 3D Secure style payment is back now?
rjbuffchix: It looked like 3D Secure style payment is back now?
I don't know. If it is why have no moderators told us yet?
low rated
emter_pl: I updated the newspost with details on why we temporarily disabled this feature.
The best idea would be to disable it permanently, since the purchases were safe before the implemntation of this spyware. Make it optional at worst. I have no desire to take part in this, and I will not make purchases if it becomes mandatory.
Reviving this thread since I've been having this issue making a purchase for the past few days. I've an international Visa from Argentina, and both PayPal and using the card directly has failed to process the transaction correctly.

I contacted support a few days ago and have yet to receive a response. I suppose I have to abandon GOG due to the implementation of these draconian measures before they're widespread and customer-friendly.
Sorry for the gravedigging, but I have to say this for the few people like myself:

I hope this feature never returns. Using a credit card is already crappy enough, since I have to use a relative's card (with permission, of course) to make GOG purchases since y'all STILL don't have retail prepaid cards for people like myself who literally NEED them. This would make it a lot harder, to the point where I may not even be able to make GOG purchases anymore...
Post edited September 23, 2020 by JakobFel