It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

richlind33: Goodbye.
This only serves to prove my point(and shows you unwilling to challenge you own beliefs).

Feel free to ignore it and move on, though.....I will not trouble you on this topic after this suffice to say that acting pretentious and "holier than thou" while trying to act as the better man isn't putting your best foot forward & just serves to work toward undermining any points you tried to make earlier.
Post edited November 04, 2019 by GameRager
Did anyone see the WOW Q & A two people one wearing a Red shirt and his Question was how does Blizzard come up with names of their expansions after his question he said free HK. Then a little kid interrupted a question that some one asked by saying free HK. I saw a clip from the opening ceremony where they showed the protesters and I must say those guys weren't interrupting or stopping anyone from entering the venue from what I could see. Unlike that Little kid. Makes me wonder what the TOS of the ticket sales are because those two people could get banned from next year's Blizcon.
Fender_178: Did anyone see the WOW Q & A two people one wearing a Red shirt and his Question was how does Blizzard come up with names of their expansions after his question he said free HK. Then a little kid interrupted a question that some one asked by saying free HK. I saw a clip from the opening ceremony where they showed the protesters and I must say those guys weren't interrupting or stopping anyone from entering the venue from what I could see. Unlike that Little kid. Makes me wonder what the TOS of the ticket sales are because those two people could get banned from next year's Blizcon.
The YTers covering this also mused on that...whether those con goers will get banned or not...hopefully not, but who knows. :\

As for stuff at the con...did you see all the pooh costumes?
Fender_178: Did anyone see the WOW Q & A two people one wearing a Red shirt and his Question was how does Blizzard come up with names of their expansions after his question he said free HK. Then a little kid interrupted a question that some one asked by saying free HK. I saw a clip from the opening ceremony where they showed the protesters and I must say those guys weren't interrupting or stopping anyone from entering the venue from what I could see. Unlike that Little kid. Makes me wonder what the TOS of the ticket sales are because those two people could get banned from next year's Blizcon.
GameRager: The YTers covering this also mused on that...whether those con goers will get banned or not...hopefully not, but who knows. :\

As for stuff at the con...did you see all the pooh costumes?
I saw the cosplay outfits and they were very good. My favorite one was the Protoss Zealot. Yeah it would depend on the TOS of the ticket sales though.
Fender_178: I saw the cosplay outfits and they were very good. My favorite one was the Protoss Zealot. Yeah it would depend on the TOS of the ticket sales though.
TOS on ticket sales...gah....I get wanting people to follow basic safety rules/US law/etc, but imo anything more than that shouldn't be allowed at any venue people can pay money for that is basically open to the paying public.
Hong Kong is a political issue with China. Why are companies around the world so riled up against Hong Kong protesters? The communist party led Beijing government is a foul authoritarian entity that needs to be challenged not bow to because of obvious human rights and territorial issues.
thelostdunmer: Hong Kong is a political issue with China. Why are companies around the world so riled up against Hong Kong protesters? The communist party led Beijing government is a foul authoritarian entity that needs to be challenged not bow to because of obvious human rights and territorial issues.
It's not because they(blizzard and others) dislike or disagree with such protestors, but usually because they get money from chinese companies/people because the chinese gov't allows them(blizzard and others) to sell in their country. As such, blizzard and such are "against" the HK protestors mainly to make a quick amount of bucks from chinese citizens by throwing those who support HK and dislike chinese gov't under the proverbial bus.

Addition: And movie companies do it too(some of which also make games)....like: Disney(who limits or hides things like ghosts and lgbt in the movies and such they send to china) and several other film companies.
low rated
My dislike for China aside, I'm kind of amazed by the cultural chauvinism and blissful ignorance from Americans regarding this issue.

I mean for fuck sake, are people really going to bring up democracy? Really? What does that even mean in this context? It's a buzzword that means shit, it's even used to justify bombing people to smithereens. But China is bad because you know muh democracy and muh freedom.

But hey, at least you get this warm, fuzzy feeling when you say it and hear it. Who cares what it means?
Post edited November 04, 2019 by user deleted
thelostdunmer: Hong Kong is a political issue with China. Why are companies around the world so riled up against Hong Kong protesters? The communist party led Beijing government is a foul authoritarian entity that needs to be challenged not bow to because of obvious human rights and territorial issues.
GameRager: It's not because they(blizzard and others) dislike or disagree with such protestors, but usually because they get money from chinese companies/people because the chinese gov't allows them(blizzard and others) to sell in their country. As such, blizzard and such are "against" the HK protestors mainly to make a quick amount of bucks from chinese citizens by throwing those who support HK and dislike chinese gov't under the proverbial bus.

Addition: And movie companies do it too(some of which also make games)....like: Disney(who limits or hides things like ghosts and lgbt in the movies and such they send to china) and several other film companies.
I guess that's the real reason behind it. For fear of losing investors and sizeable market.
DadJoke007: My dislike for China aside, I'm kind of amazed by the cultural chauvinism and blissful ignorance from Americans regarding this issue.

I mean for fuck sake, are people really going to bring up democracy? Really? What does that even mean in this context? It's a buzzword that means shit, it's even used to justify bombing people to smithereens. But China is bad because you know muh democracy and muh freedom.
How is it ignorance to see bad things and want them to change? Or are you trying to say something else that I am not getting?

Yes, we know bad things happen in america too, but some countries have it much worse & the most some of us can do(who are effectively powerless to stop it) is complain about it on the internet and wish for better(while others are too afraid to rock the boat here for fear of upsetting their bread and circuses).

As for democracy justifying b*mbing others....what if they are objectively bad and we cannot talk them out of it....should we just let them do what they will and not try to help anyone ever or what? Or do you mean the useless wars for oil/etc?
============================

thelostdunmer: I guess that's the real reason behind it. For fear of losing investors and sizeable market.
The thing is they are alienating a good chunk of their market here and elsewhere by doing so, so at some point they will have to make a choice like the creators of south park did and others did......keep that chinese market and money and risk losing more elsewhere, or bite the hand that feeds and possibly grow the rest of your user base.
Here in the Philippines not all are as accommodating as Duterte to the Chinese government. The average Filipino is aware of the intrusions and shady dealings of China. It may appear that Duterte is friendly to the Chinese but the military and most of Filipinos are fed up with the lies and deceit being served daily on national propaganda television.
richlind33: I think you're a hypocrite, because it is your own precious "democracy" that has for decades propped up the worst of the worst when it comes to regimes showing no regard at all for human rights. This isn't debatable, our government's own published history of foreign intervention lays much of it out in great detail, as do heros like General Smedley Butler.
The US and other Western democracies having flaws does not allow moral equivalency with dictatorships, ethnic cleansing and stoning people to death for sleeping with the wrong person.

richlind33: Get off your high horse and stop indulging your pathetic delusions of cultural superiority; and while you're at it, apologize to this forum for your immature outburst.
Not sure what "outburst" you're referring to, but earning the disappointment and disdain of someone who defends the above is a badge of honor I'll happily wear.
StingingVelvet: Not sure what "outburst" you're referring to, but earning the disappointment and disdain of someone who defends the above is a badge of honor I'll happily wear.
I'll also happily wear the badge as well.

StingingVelvet: The US and other Western democracies having flaws does not allow moral equivalency with dictatorships, ethnic cleansing and stoning people to death for sleeping with the wrong person.
You say things so succinctly...if only I could organize my thoughts & words well enough to also do such.
richlind33: I think you're a hypocrite, because it is your own precious "democracy" that has for decades propped up the worst of the worst when it comes to regimes showing no regard at all for human rights. This isn't debatable, our government's own published history of foreign intervention lays much of it out in great detail, as do heros like General Smedley Butler.
StingingVelvet: The US and other Western democracies having flaws does not allow moral equivalency with dictatorships, ethnic cleansing and stoning people to death for sleeping with the wrong person.

richlind33: Get off your high horse and stop indulging your pathetic delusions of cultural superiority; and while you're at it, apologize to this forum for your immature outburst.
StingingVelvet: Not sure what "outburst" you're referring to, but earning the disappointment and disdain of someone who defends the above is a badge of honor I'll happily wear.
If you weren't a true believer you'd realize that your argument is a double-edged sword that cuts two ways. It can just as easily be applied to our society, because our government has engaged in the very same abuses that you raise against the people you deem morally inferior. It's a form of dehumanization, and shows conclusively that your words have no moral authority. They show only that you need to feel superior to others.

I strongly dislike the Chinese government, but I'd be lying if I said it's worse than our government. It isn't. Communism was built with Western technology and expertise. Partly out of expedience. But mostly because it was immensely profitable for those whose business is the facilitation of economic and military warfare. And there is no greater evil to be found.
DadJoke007: My dislike for China aside, I'm kind of amazed by the cultural chauvinism and blissful ignorance from Americans regarding this issue.

GameRager: How is it ignorance to see bad things and want them to change? Or are you trying to say something else that I am not getting?

Yes, we know bad things happen in america too, but some countries have it much worse & the most some of us can do(who are effectively powerless to stop it) is complain about it on the internet and wish for better(while others are too afraid to rock the boat here for fear of upsetting their bread and circuses).

As for democracy justifying b*mbing others....what if they are objectively bad and we cannot talk them out of it....should we just let them do what they will and not try to help anyone ever or what? Or do you mean the useless wars for oil/etc?
If only people like you got this excited about improving your *own* nation. Because *then* you would have a measure of moral authority, and could call out others without being a hypocrite.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Try it sometime.