It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sherringon456: I assumed that was the case. It probably requires a steam account to do something on it though (Maybe even to log on like a Microsoft account.)
Not according to Valve's own remarks in the past and actual builds of SteamOS. It's Debian stable with Steam stuff installed. I personally didn't test it though.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by shmerl
I wish we could get a Blue in here to tell us if a 2K deal is possible. Wouldn't it be great to see the Bioshock, Borderlands, or Civ series on GOG? :P
IronArcturus: I wish we could get a Blue in here to tell us if a 2K deal is possible.
Not going to happen. Any such info released publicly could endager a possible deal and the blue's job.

IronArcturus: Wouldn't it be great to see the Bioshock, Borderlands, or Civ series on GOG? :P
I'd rather see older games from Take-Two's catalog that are not sold on other stores (like the first Grand Theft Auto games and perhaps a rerelease of Mafia).
Just to clear it up about Steam OS:

Steam OS is simply a Debian based distro and in time will become the main supported Linux distro by Valve. However nothing will prevent you from nuking the entire Steam client from it and turn it into a GoG OS, create a GoG\Galaxy Box and dominate the DRM-Free world.

The only advantage that might have over other distros is optimization and complete out of the box compatibility for every game in the Steam library and from a certain point of view it has to be this way since they have to get this to consumers.
Grargar: I'd rather see older games from Take-Two's catalog games from Take-Two's catalog that are not sold on other stores (like the first Grand Theft Auto games and perhaps a rerelease of Mafia).
I'd rather see all of them. But I'm primarily interested in Bioshock Infinite. Other stores are irrelevant really, since you can't get those DRM-free.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by shmerl
Ganni1987: Just to clear it up about Steam OS:

Steam OS is simply a Debian based distro and in time will become the main supported Linux distro by Valve. However nothing will prevent you from nuking the entire Steam client from it and turn it into a GoG OS, create a GoG\Galaxy Box and dominate the DRM-Free world.

The only advantage that might have over other distros is optimization and complete out of the box compatibility for every game in the Steam library and from a certain point of view it has to be this way since they have to get this to consumers.
Yeah, I'd look at the boot sequence and the user profiles permissions before "nuking the entire Steam client". Besides, there's more convenient than Debian out there.
IronArcturus: Wouldn't it be great to see the Bioshock, Borderlands, or Civ series on GOG? :P
Grargar: I'd rather see older games from Take-Two's catalog that are not sold on other stores (like the first Grand Theft Auto games and perhaps a rerelease of Mafia).
It would be nice to see or [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gta_grand_theft_auto_vice_city]Vice City on here.
BTW, this weekend - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/bioshock_storefront
Still marked as Drm-free (with steam key as well).
And yeah, its only drm-free game from this sale - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/2k_weekend/
Redfern: BTW, this weekend - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/bioshock_storefront
And yeah, its only drm-free game from this sale - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/2k_weekend/
Do you know if it's actually DRM-free when you buy it in the Humble Store or not? Because they still say this:
BioShock is provided via a Steam key. For key redemption, a free Steam account is required.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by shmerl
Redfern: BTW, this weekend - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/bioshock_storefront
shmerl: Do you know if it's actually DRM-free when you buy it in the Humble Store or not? Because they still say this:

BioShock is provided via a Steam key. For key redemption, a free Steam account is required.
shmerl:
Sorry, i dont really know. I just *think* that since BioShock installer was uploaded in system at time it was in Bundle its still there and no reason to remove it. But its pure logic and distributors not always show any logic.
If you interested in this game, i think, you can purchase it and if there is no installer you always can get refund cause you fooled by wrong claim.
Redfern: If you interested in this game, i think, you can purchase it and if there is no installer you always can get refund cause you fooled by wrong claim.
I already have it DRM-free on HB from the time when it appeared in the bundle. I just want to know if can I recommend it to others as a DRM-free release or not.
Redfern: If you interested in this game, i think, you can purchase it and if there is no installer you always can get refund cause you fooled by wrong claim.
shmerl: I already have it DRM-free on HB from the time when it appeared in the bundle. I just want to know if can I recommend it to others as a DRM-free release or not.
I'm afraid you cannot do that anymore.

Humble bundle is more and more often acting like a glorified steam key reseller these days, afaik.
shmerl: I already have it DRM-free on HB from the time when it appeared in the bundle. I just want to know if can I recommend it to others as a DRM-free release or not.
Solei: I'm afraid you cannot do that anymore.

Humble bundle is more and more often acting like a glorified steam key reseller these days, afaik.
I tested it with my $5 today. This is incorrect. Shmerl, despite the warning on the game page it is available DRM-free for download from the Humble account coming in at 6.2GB.

P.S. Thanks to amok for pointing out the sale in the Gaming deals thread.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by budejovice

budejovice: I tested it with my $5 today. This is incorrect. Shmerl, despite the warning on the game page it is available DRM-free for download from the Humble account coming in at 6.2GB.
I stand corrected then,
but I still have some stuff from HB i haven't used because steam is mandatory.
budejovice: I tested it with my $5 today. This is incorrect. Shmerl, despite the warning on the game page it is available DRM-free for download from the Humble account coming in at 6.2GB.

P.S. Thanks to amok for pointing out the sale in the Gaming deals thread.
Thanks! Good to know.

Yeah, I avoid HB more these days, since most of their stuff are just Steam resales. But some things they still sell DRM-free which aren't available anywhere else. Such as this case with Bioshock.