It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
I tested Gog Galaxy the last six month and i am not impressed

positive
Nice to organice games
Nice to organice goodies
Rolback feature

neutral
Using GogGalaxy and GogWebsite with different language-settings causes some trouble because it
switches the language
Achievments, if you care about it, but for most games you have to run Galaxy+be online to make Galaxy noticing the
Achievments

negative
It phoones home as do several games if installed via galaxy, i disbaled all autooptions for login/Updates/autostart..., no permission for my firewall, my net,...still...my Galaxy that should be ofline inform me that new updates can be dowonloaded, it informs me that Galaxy can be upgraed,...some games come with online advertising, the launcher or the Mainmenu has advertising and news...despite all settings forbiding it.
If i install those phooning home games with a old installer (if you still have any) my security option work, as i start the game i get the Info that the games tries to connect to the net and i can allow it or stop it...not with galaxy...a unwelcome backdoor

Compared to the old Gog-downloadmanger it's slower, dc, crash,...breaks the running downloads and you can't download parted over several sessions

Bugs, from time to time you get the unkown Version, unkown game, etc... bugs, often you have no option to repair/reinstall/...so you have to uninstall Galaxy and reimport all games

There more minor thinks but the most important ones are here

It's still much better then steam but it's closer to steam then to the original idea of Gog.
Matruchus: Also gog doesn't even offer patches for Linux games, just full downloads of Linux games whenever a game gets update. Not even basic level of support is there.
vsr: This is not true.
I used linux patches for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and BG2: EE.

Maybe it depends on publisher's will.
Its not developers will. Until recently gog did not even offer an ability for developers to upload patches for Linux versions directly, cause there was no option for that. That was explained by one of the developers on twitter (can't find the link right now).

Also the games that you mentioned are more of an exception then the rule. Most newer games that I bought on gog forced me to download whole games again and again, cause there were no patches.

For example Railway Empire has had several patches since release and there is only whole game installer available. Transport Fever, whole game installer, no patches. Stellaris since release on gog had several patches - again no patches for Linux only full installers for the game and Stellaris is huge if you own the whole game.

Adding the pictures of download option for Stellaris on Windows and Linux.
Attachments:
Post edited May 24, 2019 by Matruchus
So for me it would mainly come down to privacy concerns, so here we go:

1. Will we need to connect our steam, uplay, origin whatever accounts with our GOG account like with GOG Connect, and will we need to enter the account credentials including password into the new galaxy 2 client? Or will it suffice to be logged in in each of those clients and then galaxy can connect to them locally?

2. Will galaxy 2 be open source so we can audit it to be sure what data it gathers?

And lastly; i am not sure how galaxy 2 will pull of including steam's community hubs and especially the workshop. I use that quite regularly and if i then have to switch to steam to do stuff in the workshop, the entire endevour becomes a bit moot i reckon.
Fate-is-one-edge: I frequently install/uninstall games from my SSD and keeping track of the saved games is a pain lifted by the Galaxy cloud. I am glad I don't have to back up and (re)-organize them in a separate HDD partition or by means of external storage (USB, ext.HDD, CD/DVD) anymore. It is such a useful service that people with an Internet connection do actually need it, if only by means of utility.
The methods you mentioned and once upon a time I resorted to myself, belong to an era relatively long gone or are the only ones available to people without an Internet connection.
And for the record, he/she WAS right back in 2000. It's never a matter of opinion. It's a matter of superior intellect and convincing arguments. A past fight that had stooped to border-line harrashment, (thus my direct and humble request to cease it), which was not respected.
SirPrimalform: It's almost as if you didn't read the post of mine that you replied so derisively to. The entire point I was making was that the cloud saves are a useful service. You are so blinded by your antagonism towards me that you apparently completely misunderstood my post. Whoopee!
I read words for what they are mister primal. But unlike you, I pick solid counterarguments to humiliate my opponents, avoiding to readily roll down in the dirt like a savage animal.
Regards.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by Fate-is-one-edge
ShivaSi: Ohh, so
- no Linux version,
- no direct access to the cloud saves (so that I could continue my Stardev Walley game on my linux laptop),
- no family / kids control

Not interested.
SirPrimalform: We already have direct access to cloud saves. You can download them as a zip file from within Galaxy (which I assume you must have used in order to have saves stored in the cloud). Download them on your windows machine, transfer them to the Linux laptop. It's not perfect, but short of Galaxy on Linux I'm not sure how much more direct they could be.
If I have to power-up my Win gaming rig to get my saves then what's the point of cloud saves?
It would be nice to be able to get them from gog website as well until a linux version of GOG Galaxy is released (100yrs in the future, I guess).
Btw - if our data is our data then we should be able to configure any other cloud for saving (like my own instance of nextCloud)

Kids control is something that I need .. .like yesterday. I should be able to setup GOG Galaxy and install games as admin and manage the rest of computer users (Win/linux users) access to games.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by ShivaSi
Alexim: Apparently the current GOG's API only supports C++,
ped7g: Java has no problem to connect to native API, [...]
I tried to say some similar things, but I think you said it better; thanks :)
vsr: This is not true.
I used linux patches for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and BG2: EE.

Maybe it depends on publisher's will.
Matruchus: Its not developers will. Until recently gog did not even offer an ability for developers to upload patches for Linux versions directly, cause there was no option for that. That was explained by one of the developers on twitter (can't find the link right now).

Also the games that you mentioned are more of an exception then the rule. Most newer games that I bought on gog forced me to download whole games again and again, cause there were no patches.

For example Railway Empire has had several patches since release and there is only whole game installer available. Transport Fever, whole game installer, no patches. Stellaris since release on gog had several patches - again no patches for Linux only full installers for the game and Stellaris is huge if you own the whole game.

Adding the pictures of download option for Stellaris on Windows and Linux.
I don't think the BG EE case is an exception, although I don't think it's the norm either.

After a quick search in my backup, I noticed that Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Wasteland 2 Director's Cut, Pillars of Eternity, Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire, Divinity Original Sin EE, Deponia: Doomsday, Tyranny, Satellite Reign, Xenonauts, Shadowrun Hong Kong EE, for instance, provided patches, and I am pretty sure that I have forgotten some in the process (since I frequently delete orphans).
Post edited May 24, 2019 by Huinehtar
high rated
I hope that this turns out to be better than my expectations.
At this moment, it seems to me to be something which should not have been the priority of GOG team.
What I feel :
a. By essentially making Galaxy a client for multiple storefronts, they are diverting attention from GOG;s own storefront to other ones. Would that be beneficial to GOG?
b. Many people are getting the idea that all those console exclusives and other AAA titles shown in promotional art are coming to GOG/ or they will be getting or buying DRM-free copies of those games on GOG. I hope this doesn't turn into a PR nightmare.
c. GOG is mostly silent about adding more essential conveniences like downloading of earlier versions of offline installers, managing backup archives to Galaxy
d. Galaxy could have also used a better download manager. the current one is a joke. Even age old GOG Downloader looks way better and works better.
high rated
sc_neo: 1. Will we need to connect our steam, uplay, origin whatever accounts with our GOG account like with GOG Connect, and will we need to enter the account credentials including password into the new galaxy 2 client? Or will it suffice to be logged in in each of those clients and then galaxy can connect to them locally?
With official integrations, you'll need to use your credentials to get all of the data, but your credentials are not stored in GOG GALAXY 2.0.

sc_neo: 2. Will galaxy 2 be open source so we can audit it to be sure what data it gathers?
With official integrations you'll always know what information is imported, as before you connect your accounts we will list that information for you. Community created integrations will be open-source so you'll be able to check what data is imported.
bhrigu: c. GOG is mostly silent about adding more essential conveniences like downloading of earlier versions of offline installers, managing backup archives to Galaxy
"Backup installers" are almost the same as having the installed files of the game on the disk. (they weight more)
Currently on our nearest roadmap, there's no plan to support automatically downloading and updating backups of installer files. You can still download them to your disk through Galaxy at any time.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by Johny.
Johny.: edit: Oh! My first post in this topic. I'm super excited for closed beta to go live soon! :)
Howdy!

..... WHEN?!!?

Thanks compadre ;)

ps: I'm a bit worried about specs. Should I be worried or it'll be a lightweight one such as Galaxy 1.0 ?
SirPrimalform: We already have direct access to cloud saves. You can download them as a zip file from within Galaxy (which I assume you must have used in order to have saves stored in the cloud). Download them on your windows machine, transfer them to the Linux laptop. It's not perfect, but short of Galaxy on Linux I'm not sure how much more direct they could be.
ShivaSi: If I have to power-up my Win gaming rig to get my saves then what's the point of cloud saves?
It would be nice to be able to get them from gog website as well until a linux version of GOG Galaxy is released (100yrs in the future, I guess).
Btw - if our data is our data then we should be able to configure any other cloud for saving (like my own instance of nextCloud)

Kids control is something that I need .. .like yesterday. I should be able to setup GOG Galaxy and install games as admin and manage the rest of computer users (Win/linux users) access to games.
One of many potential ways that GOG can help Linux community is by having some features like that on the website that can mitigate a little bit the lack of Galaxy support on Linux. I still think that perhaps the most helpfull things they could do would be official open API documentation.

It would also be great if GOG reached out to the Linux gaming community to engage on what things they could do. Who knows maybe even there would volunteer to port Galaxy or atleast do the initial work towards a port.

But I think no matter what if GOG sat down with 3 to 5 engaged Linux gamers with technical knowledge they would definetly get a bunch of good ideas.
Kristian: [...]I still think that perhaps the most helpfull things they could do would be official open API documentation[....]
In terms of API, Microsoft move to open source .NET proved brilliant.
@Johny

"sc_neo: 1. Will we need to connect our steam, uplay, origin whatever accounts with our GOG account like with GOG Connect, and will we need to enter the account credentials including password into the new galaxy 2 client? Or will it suffice to be logged in in each of those clients and then galaxy can connect to them locally?

With official integrations, you'll need to use your credentials to get all of the data, but your credentials are not stored in GOG GALAXY 2.0. "

So where are my credentials of the other clients stored then if not locally in galaxy 2.0 client? Are my 3rd party credentials uploaded to GOG cloud servers instead of being saved locally?
I just saw this: https://github.com/yancharkin/games_nebula

With some assistance from GOG such as API documentation such a project could surely be much further along.

That kind of thing could come really close to actually having the Galaxy client on Linux.
So it seems that we can finally add non-GOG games to the client and possibly divide them to custom groups even, but is there any plans to allow us to create additional launch buttons for GOG games so that source ports could be launched from the same "view" as the the original games?

The current client has started to take more and more time to start up the more I have added games to it, in order to speed that up, the new client should eventually have these options:

- Load the UI first, only then proceed to do update checks in the background
- Allow the users to specify the order of which the groups are being scanned for patches and missing games
- Allow the users to specify whether or not missing games are automatically removed or just greyed out
- Allow the users to exclude groups from being scanned at all