It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
high rated
There's also linuxvangog - Fantastic Linux & Mac Guy and Where To Find Him (however linuxvangog was fired or otherwise left GOG some time ago... don't know if anyone replaced him as GOG have also largely cut off involvement with the community)
So Galaxy 2.0 would just launch other clients when needed!
After reading through the entire thread, it seems underwhelming in context of apparent appearance.
Good for those interested though. Also, I can see it has created a ripple in the community, so good publicity here it seems.

I am particularly disturbed by the following wording
GOG.com: ...
The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
This kindles a doubt regarding the possibility of NON-DRM-free GOG games.

Also, I wonder what is the direction that GOG has envisioned for their future, as with centralising other storefronts together, focus will get distributed on purchasing from other storefronts as viable for the GOG customer; so would that be financially viable for GOG as a commercial entity?

A few more significant points I saw in the threads would be
a. the addition of Linux build for Galaxy,
b. ability to download previous versions of a game; if Galaxy can rollback to previous versions then those installers must be present somewhere on the servers, right? also as those installers were present earlier, offering a link to such installers should not be that difficult.

I would be a bit more interested in knowing what the new version will offer for those of us who use it as a downloader of offline-installers and organiser for GOG games only, and have no interested int buying services from other platforms.
chandra: GOG GALAXY 2.0 is a gaming app, not a store. It will however feature the GOG.COM store as one of its features, it will look as it looks on the website :)
Would that not diminish the importance of GOG.com as a storefront?
Post edited May 23, 2019 by bhrigu
high rated
And of course no GNU/Linux support. What was I expecting?
GOG.com: And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties.
If only we could verify this by having access to the source code instead of having to rely on promises that more often than not turn out to be empty. If we had the source code under a Free (as in freedom) license, then the community could just port it themselves to GNU/Linux and distro maintainers could package Galaxy themselves. Everyone would benefit.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I.e. I own Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition, the latest version of which causes a game-breaking bug with the tooltips that appear over the skills, tooltips that are designed to provide essential information that the aforementioned bug unintentionally removes out of the game and thus makes it unplayable in certain ways.
In which language are you playing? If it's not in English, could you check whether it also happens with that language?
This gets a resounding meh from me.

The only thing I see here of any real note is cross play but given its not a prominent feature it leads me to believe this will not actually increase the capacity for cross play.

I will confess it is surprising to see it connected to console platforms.

This seems to be focused on being the Trillian of online clients. It does not seem possible for much functionality other than what can be gleaned from friends lists. I somewhat doubt you are going to see the capacity to do something like say have a windows store/xbox account and be able to play these games through galaxy 2.0.

For example would this hypothetically allow you to play windows store games running on Windows 7 where the windows store functionally does not exist?

If that happens that would be an amazing feature. I just really doubt any company is ever going to pull something like that off. That is about as likely than an online streaming service being able to get all the TV studios and Movie studios to stream on their platform.

EDIT:

I mean dont get me wrong, it would be nice to communicate with the one person on my XBL FL without having to keep the xbox page open, but to be honestly as it relates to a second version of galaxy I would gladly give all this nonsense up in the name of getting a galaxy client that does not run a dozen processes and eat system resources tbh. THAT is one major thing galaxy has been lacking this whole time.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by viranimus
To contribute something positive:
I like the idea of the all-in-one game client and I hope that the implementation will be good enough to give GOG another unique selling point. I especially like the design of the new client!

@GOG-Team, thanks for your great work and ideas. Keep going :-)
Before I forgot, the Sony CEO himself admits that console market is a niche.
So if Galaxy is involved with sharing console games, it's... interesting.
high rated
Ohh, so
- no Linux version,
- no direct access to the cloud saves (so that I could continue my Stardev Walley game on my linux laptop),
- no family / kids control

Not interested.
We’re not spying on data from your computer.
It's a sad thing someone has to say this, it's true certain other company or companies (depends on how you see it) do so.
low rated
ShivaSi: Ohh, so
- no Linux version,
- no direct access to the cloud saves (so that I could continue my Stardev Walley game on my linux laptop),
- no family / kids control

Not interested.
We already have direct access to cloud saves. You can download them as a zip file from within Galaxy (which I assume you must have used in order to have saves stored in the cloud). Download them on your windows machine, transfer them to the Linux laptop. It's not perfect, but short of Galaxy on Linux I'm not sure how much more direct they could be.
SirPrimalform: Download them on your windows machine
I think that's where the problem really lies, some people (like me) don't have a Windows machine. I don't know why we even need Cloud save support in Galaxy in the first place, wouldn't it be possible to just move the save files to whatever cloud service (even Dropbox) and then symlink those save files to where the game expects them to be?
Post edited May 23, 2019 by HiPhish
high rated
No Linux? No thanks.
SirPrimalform: Download them on your windows machine
HiPhish: I think that's where the problem really lies, some people (like me) don't have a Windows machine. I don't know why we even need Cloud save support in Galaxy in the first place, wouldn't it be possible to just move the save files to whatever cloud service (even Dropbox) and then symlink those save files to where the game expects them to be?
Complicated, manual, labor intensive per game solutions do not even come close to the convenience of automatic cloud saves across games like with Galaxy, least of all for those of us with 2000+ games on GOG.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Kristian
Question:

Considering how far too many digital platforms do not have a way or means to back up (or restore) our purchases to and from removable media (CD/DVD/BluRay) will Gog Galaxy 2.0 have a way for us to do this?
high rated
przekot: yay!
StarChan: I'm worried about the offline innstallers. What are your long term plans for those? Is there any chance that you could heighten their status by increasing their visibility?
Release of our new client won't affect offline installers :)
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Ashleee