It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
Kristian: Well they are a publicly traded company so I suppose that Linux users could buy shares and then ask questions... but that is not a very convenient or practical wway to go about things!
You don't even need many shares to do that - just any shares should be enough. But their meetings take place in Poland. Some Linux users there may be can do this.

But I agree, it's not convenient, that the only way to get some answers is to become a shareholder.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by shmerl
Kristian: Well they are a publicly traded company so I suppose that Linux users could buy shares and then ask questions... but that is not a very convenient or practical wway to go about things!
shmerl: You don't need many shares to do that even - just any shares. But their meetings take place in Poland. Some Linux users there may be can do this.
Sure, but even for Linux gamers in Poland buying a share in CDP just to ask some questions is not the most convenient thing in the world.
Kristian: Sure, but even for Linux gamers in Poland buying a share in CDP just to ask some questions is not the most convenient thing in the world.
The legal part plays a role, since they can't easily ignore such questions anymore. They can still dodge them to some point, but at least they'll have to address them even if the answer is dodgy.
high rated
So long as this doesn't become mandatory, best of luck.

I'll keep my DRM-free installers backed up on my external drive, thanks.
Kohleran: I've been begging for tags to be addressed in the Wishlist. It has been asked for long before I got into GoG and I have asked and asked for it to become a feature that is useful. Check out the Wishlist and you will find others more elequant than I showing how useful it could be.

And so simple to implement I would have thought.
It *is* simple; I have support for tags in several scripts that I wrote to deal with simple game databases for personal use. No big deal.

But that said, for a corporation, every potential feature has to be prioritized, and costs non-zero resources to implement; one can't just act like it has zero cost.

So the bottom line is more often, not how hard it is, but what *priority* should it be given.

And each of us often disagrees with Gog and other companies about the priority of various things.

I personally think tags are very important. And I think there is plenty of proof of this out there in the world.
ShadowAngel.207: When will people finally learn that Linux has no marketshare [...]
Either get Windows or a Playstation [...] It's like crying that there's no more Windows XP support.
valgaav: People like you are an interesting bunch. a) You are puzzled by the fact that people want to play on their platform of choice.
[...]
People here are simply expressing their enthusiasm towards open operating systems that are safe, diverse and easily modified by users. Your input is simply pointless, mean, and - the worst part of it - far from being truth. You are speaking about things you do not know and do not understand. Stick to the Windows platform if you want, but don't fight activelly against alternatives - it's not beneficial to anyone.
Very nicely said, good points, and well-written
Post edited May 23, 2019 by faroot
high rated
It seems they can answer a question about save games, fairly quickly even: https://mobile.twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1131332111707836417

But Linux? That gets ignored.
high rated
CelineSSauve: So long as this doesn't become mandatory, best of luck.

I'll keep my DRM-free installers backed up on my external drive, thanks.
Same. This looks like another step onto the DRM direction.
Thanks, but we already have plenty of intrusive clients. I preferred GOG SOLELY because of the DRM-free approach. If I have to use I client, I'll just use Steam.
Post edited May 23, 2019 by Shendue
low rated
Kristian: It seems they can answer a question about save games, fairly quickly even: https://mobile.twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1131332111707836417

No, the Linux question was answered in the OP...

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac

You not liking the answer doesn't mean the information isn't there.
Kristian: It seems they can answer a question about save games, fairly quickly even: https://mobile.twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1131332111707836417

I agree with your overall point, but to be fair, game saves aren't even related to Galaxy 1.0 or 2.0 (to a first approximation, anyway) -- apples and oranges -- so it's easier to answer without any thought needed.

That aside, yes, they don't seem to be responding to the various linux questions and comments. People here are saying gog has deprecated the entire subject, which sounds unfortunate.
high rated

MattyC: No, the Linux question was answered in the OP...

You not liking the answer doesn't mean the information isn't there.
No, they have not addressed why the wishlist entry is still marked in progress. They have also not addressed if they mean that literally such that Galaxy for Linux will never come.
It looks visually nice so i'm excited lol. Also better library
high rated
MattyC: No, the Linux question was answered in the OP...

That's a non answer, it's repeating what everyone already knows. The answer would be: "We are going to release it for Linux in 5 years" or "we have no idea when we'll start working on it, since our management didn't decide yet". That's an answer. Not a pretty one, but with some substance.
This is pretty big GOG, hope it turns out awesome
This sounds pretty neat. Hopefully Galaxy will have voice chat or controller support (think Steam Big Picture mode) at some point.
This looks pretty amazing Gog!
Hope it turns out all well - and DRM-free.