It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just testing the bug I was experiencing on the latest Chrome native version...

Success, it posts properly!
Post edited March 06, 2014 by SirPrimalform
high rated
I'd like to make a request.

I've been using the GOG.com Add Forum Links userscript by didero that provides a link to the game specific forum on the game card. This is very handy for accessing a game specific forum on the fly, particularly in cases where you don't own a game.
It works well for single games, but for games that are part of a series and there's only a single collective forum the link added to the game cards resolves to a non-existing address and thus leads to a 404 page.

The author has not updated the script for a very long time and I think that he's not working on it any more.

Would it be possible to include such a feature in Berefoot Essentials? And would it be too much work to do so?
A feature I've been meaning to request is the ability to add / display the date of last sync.
It may have been a long time, since a user has sync'ed their user page, but there is as far as I can tell no way to know.
I'd personally like the ability to add it to my wiki page via a tag, if not an always included value of the page template.
uchristensen: A feature I've been meaning to request is the ability to add / display the date of last sync.
It may have been a long time, since a user has sync'ed their user page, but there is as far as I can tell no way to know.
I'd personally like the ability to add it to my wiki page via a tag, if not an always included value of the page template.
That should be doable. I've had no electricity lately, so it might be a while before I have the chance, but I'll add that to the wiki code when I can.
Barefoot_Monkey: snip
Could you, please, comment on this request of mine?
Thanks so much for this script, which has been making my experience on the forums more enjoyable for quite a while now!

I have one non-urgent request, in case you'd think it worthwhile as well:

When composing longer posts, I would love to have a bigger preview area shown, when the "Add new post" window is maximized/enlarged. I have attached an image, where you can see that now you have only about 10 lines of text shown before you have to start scrolling to view the rest. Ideally, I'd like to be able to view a larger chunk of text before I'd have to scroll. When the window is maximized, maybe double the current preview area would work?

Thanks for considering this! :)
Attachments:
One thing i dont like is that this script runs on secure.gog.com
I think its basically not greatest idea in scope of security...
uchristensen: A feature I've been meaning to request is the ability to add / display the date of last sync.
Good news. I updated the Wiki extensions to add this feature. You can add the following tag to your page to show when you last synced your account with the wiki:
<gog-last-updated user="uchristensen" />
You can also change the date formatting with PHP-style date-formatting strings, like this:
<gog-last-updated user="uchristensen" format="Y-m-d" />
chevkoch: Thanks so much for this script, which has been making my experience on the forums more enjoyable for quite a while now!

I have one non-urgent request, in case you'd think it worthwhile as well:

When composing longer posts, I would love to have a bigger preview area shown, when the "Add new post" window is maximized/enlarged. I have attached an image, where you can see that now you have only about 10 lines of text shown before you have to start scrolling to view the rest. Ideally, I'd like to be able to view a larger chunk of text before I'd have to scroll. When the window is maximized, maybe double the current preview area would work?

Thanks for considering this! :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to push up an update adding that feature. It seems to work perfectly on Firefox - on Chrome and Opera there's a minor bug (the page becomes slightly bigger than the window) which I think we can live with for now, but I'll fix as soon as I can.
HypersomniacLive: Could you, please, comment on this request of mine?
Hi HypersomniacLive. Sorry - I promise I wasn't ignoring you. I honestly thought I'd replied about that request (I remember writing a long reply - I guess I didn't submit it for some reason).

I might be able to add this feature, but it involves a lot of work manually matching games to forums. The best would be if the GOG webdev guys add a forum link to the gamecards themselves (or at least hide a URL to the forum somewhere in the DOM so that I can fish it out)
Post edited March 26, 2014 by Barefoot_Monkey
Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks for the suggestion. I managed to push up an update adding that feature. It seems to work perfectly on Firefox - on Chrome and Opera there's a minor bug (the page becomes slightly bigger than the window) which I think we can live with for now, but I'll fix as soon as I can.
Wow. This is awesome, you put that in just now?! Just tested it and that's even better than I'd thought it could work. Thanks so much! Really appreciate the work you do.
Barefoot_Monkey: snip

Hi HypersomniacLive. Sorry - I promise I wasn't ignoring you. I honestly thought I'd replied about that request (I remember writing a long reply - I guess I didn't submit it for some reason).

I might be able to add this feature, but it involves a lot of work manually matching games to forums. The best would be if the GOG webdev guys add a forum link to the gamecards themselves (or at least hide a URL to the forum somewhere in the DOM so that I can fish it out)
No worries, not for a second did I think that you're ignoring me, I understand that we've been bombarding you with requests and that it can be overwhelming at times.

Looking through the script I'm using now, I suspected that it'd be a lot of work - that's why I specifically asked about it in my post.
No need to go into the trouble of trying to implement it, I'll just keep the script I have and pray to all powers of the universe with my fingers crossed that when GOG's site-wide overhaul is finally implemented, that we'll see the forum links on the gamecards.

Thanks for all your hard work, your script adds a lot of functionality to the site (that should be here by default) and your continuous efforts are very much appreciated.

Cheers!
Is it just me or the quick post from Barefoot Essentials does not work today?
If this makes it through, it's just you. :)
Just installed the script for the first time. I love this quick post option. I always hated having to open a new window to post a reply. I will check out other features when I have time.
Userscripts.org is down. Any other way I could possibly get the script?