It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: When I used the custom style it defaulted back to default and made the general forum a bit darker. Where did you chose the "light" color scheme?
mrkgnao: Didn't do that for me.
You can choose the scheme either on "My Settings" or at the top of any thread page (e.g. this page).
Yes, you are correct. It does not work if you chose the "light" aluminium theme. (Just tried it myself).
Post edited December 31, 2019 by MarkoH01
high rated
mrkgnao: Congratulations on v. 3.0.

Does the custom forum theme do anything if one uses the "light" forum colour scheme? I was unable to notice any difference.
Thanks, mrkgnao.

It should still work on light, but all the text colours are a bit unreadable over the grey-blue background, so until I can explicitly set all the text colours it's supposed to show a little alert box suggesting you change to the dark theme for now. It looks like I must have made a change after testing that which stops it from working correctly. I'll send up a new version to fix it early next decade ;)
I just cleared my cookies and browser cache for the first time in a long time, and now I can't figure out how to turn the green and gold GOG icon on the left side of the bar back to the one with the black background and white letters. I use both AF and BE, and I've been through every single setting at least 10 times. I changed the GOG icon to that version in the browser tab by changing the BE setting for "favicon" to "v2", but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the icon to the left of the drop-down menus. This is going to drive me crazy. Can anyone help me out here? I'm using Chrome with Tampermonkey.
Post edited September 14, 2020 by finkleroy
finkleroy: I just cleared my cookies and browser cache for the first time in a long time, and now I can't figure out how to turn the green and gold GOG icon on the left side of the bar back to the one with the black background and white letters. I use both AF and BE, and I've been through every single setting at least 10 times. I changed the GOG icon to that version in the browser tab by changing the BE setting for "favicon" to "v2", but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the icon to the left of the drop-down menus. This is going to drive me crazy. Can anyone help me out here? I'm using Chrome with Tampermonkey.
Isn't it:
About -> Barefoot Essentials -> Navigation Bar -> Navigation Bar Theme -> Default theme (or Default without the stripe)?
Post edited September 14, 2020 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Isn't it:
About -> Barefoot Essentials -> Navigation Bar -> Navigation Bar Theme -> Default theme (or Default without the stripe)?
That's it. Thanks. Now if I can only figure out how to switch back to the dark theme, I'll be in business.
mrkgnao: Isn't it:
finkleroy: That's it. Thanks. Now if I can only figure out how to switch back to the dark theme, I'll be in business.
Top right corner of this page -> My settings -> Carbon.
mrkgnao: Top right corner of this page -> My settings -> Carbon.
Thanks, but it was already on that. It's gray, but I used to have it kind of a midnight blue. It was either AF or BE that had the option, but I don't see that option anymore.
finkleroy: Thanks, but it was already on that. It's gray, but I used to have it kind of a midnight blue. It was either AF or BE that had the option, but I don't see that option anymore.
Didn't know there was such an option. When you find it, do let me know where it is.

Not for myself (I use the light background --- aluminum --- and the gold/green logo and the v1 favicon), but just for general knowledge (in case they ever ask about it on Jeopardy).
finkleroy: Thanks, but it was already on that. It's gray, but I used to have it kind of a midnight blue. It was either AF or BE that had the option, but I don't see that option anymore.
Maybe you mean this one?
BE -> Forums -> Custom forum theme -> Community Wishlist
MarkoH01: Maybe you mean this one?
BE -> Forums -> Custom forum theme -> Community Wishlist
That's it. Thanks!
I have the notification dot hidden for my activity feed, but not forum replies. I rely on the dot for forum replies all the time, but for some bizarre reason, it just won't go away. I don't have any forum replies. I've loaded every single thread in "my favorite topics", "topics I've participated in" and "hot topics", but no matter what I do, the dot won't go away. Is there any way to clear the dot without clearing my site specific cookies for GOG? I'd be okay with having to set up BE again, but I really don't want to have to set up AF and GOG all over again just because the dot won't go away. I really need it to work properly. Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer.
finkleroy: I have the notification dot hidden for my activity feed, but not forum replies. I rely on the dot for forum replies all the time, but for some bizarre reason, it just won't go away. I don't have any forum replies. I've loaded every single thread in "my favorite topics", "topics I've participated in" and "hot topics", but no matter what I do, the dot won't go away. Is there any way to clear the dot without clearing my site specific cookies for GOG? I'd be okay with having to set up BE again, but I really don't want to have to set up AF and GOG all over again just because the dot won't go away. I really need it to work properly. Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer.
This seems to do the trick:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/heres_how_to_remove_permanent_forum_reply_notification/post1
That worked. Thanks.
The very same thing happened to me. I've checked all posts in English and Russian community from yesterday, then all threads I've visited for games related forums and nothing. Thank goodness your thread was among those I checked and that solution from https://www.gog.com/forum/general/heres_how_to_remove_permanent_forum_reply_notification/post1 worked perfectly.
high rated
Due to multiple [forum name] renamings, I've decided to create a BE fork to implement new topics groups, similar to a giveaway one, where "forum game" and "news:" topics can be separated from general ones.
Worth to mention that new groups' behaviour can be modified in BE Forums tab.

Changelog:
v.3.0.2a
New feature: Ability to group together "forum game" threads on forums.
New feature: Ability to group together "news:" threads on forums.
Installation instructions for Tampermonkey:
- go to Tampermonkey's Dashboard -> Utilities -> Find "Install from URL".
- insert this URL and press install.
- disable original BE userscript if installed.

To import original BE userscript's settings:
- in BE menu (GOG's top bar -> About -> Barefoot Essentials) change a default value, e.g. "Forums" -> "forum game topics", to force saving settings into local storage, thus making "Barefoot Essentials Fork" Storage tab visible.
- go to Tampermonkey's Dashboard -> "Installed Userscripts" -> click on original "Barefoot Essentials" -> Storage tab and copy everything.
- go to "Barefoot Essentials Fork" Storage tab, paste a copy and press save.

After importing new groups' non-default behaviour values will be reset to default ones.