It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Barefoot_Monkey: Yes, I was actually planning to do that tonight if I get the chance. Thanks for asking.
Thanks .
Barefoot_Monkey: Yes, I was actually planning to do that tonight if I get the chance. Thanks for asking.
I assume that disabling GOG's notifications will also stop the tab-titles from flickering, yes?
HypersomniacLive: I assume that disabling GOG's notifications will also stop the tab-titles from flickering, yes?
Sorry, it most likely wouldn't.
Barefoot_Monkey: Sorry, it most likely wouldn't.
Good News™?

I discovered that clicking on the bell makes the flickering stop on all open tabs, so wondering now - if one disables GOG's notifications, but the flickering is unaffected, would clicking on the bell still be possible and make it stop?
HypersomniacLive: I assume that disabling GOG's notifications will also stop the tab-titles from flickering, yes?
Barefoot_Monkey: Sorry, it most likely wouldn't.
There's a variable in the angular settings for visibility and flashing actually.. you'd have to play around with how exactly they work but forcing both of them to false should do the trick...

The only problem then is if new notifications cause that to be overridden.
HypersomniacLive: Good News™?

I discovered that clicking on the bell makes the flickering stop on all open tabs, so wondering now - if one disables GOG's notifications, but the flickering is unaffected, would clicking on the bell still be possible and make it stop?
Good observation. I can use that - by sending the same request to notifications.gog.com that the site itself sends when you click on the bell, the alerts can be marked as "looked at" and the page title will stop changing.
adaliabooks: There's a variable in the angular settings for visibility and flashing actually.. you'd have to play around with how exactly they work but forcing both of them to false should do the trick...

The only problem then is if new notifications cause that to be overridden.
I though the flickering we were talking about was the "[1]" being continuously added and removed from the page title
Post edited September 06, 2017 by Barefoot_Monkey
Barefoot_Monkey: Good observation. I can use that - by sending the same request to notifications.gog.com that the site itself sends when you click on the bell, the alerts can be marked as "looked at" and the page title will stop changing.
Glad to have helped in a very very small way, and thank you for looking into it.
Barefoot_Monkey: I though the flickering we were talking about was the "[1]" being continuously added and removed from the page title
It is, but there seems to be a setting for stopping it from flashing. It's just that it might be reset every time you get a notification instead of being a permanent off switch.

But calling whatever function Gog calls is probably best, just in case it does some other stuff too..
Barefoot_Monkey: [...] I though the flickering we were talking about was the "[1]" being continuously added and removed from the page title
The addition of the total number of active notifications every time one gets a new one is the least of the problem, the constant flashing until you either click the bell (which doesn't seem to work reliably for everyone), or switch focus to every open tab is the most distracting and annoying part of it.

I've been trying to catch up with unread post-replies, but do it in my own pace, and while I clear one, two more get added, and the flashing is distracting as hell, and is starting to stress me out a bit, like it's urging me to be done already.

adaliabooks: ~ping~
Could you send me a message, please? I want to check something.
high rated
Sorry for the delays. Been having power failures lately that have made progress difficult.
high rated
Barefoot_Monkey: Sorry for the delays. Been having power failures lately that have made progress difficult.
[emphasis added]

*reads, rubs eyes, reads again*

Emm... excuse me, did the community hire you, put you on a payroll, and set deadlines for specific tasks and deliverables you were assigned, and I somehow missed it all?

You're devoting personal time and effort to give us all sorts of features and options, and fix things, truly enhancing our experience on GOG, and you are apologising for the... delay?

We all very much appreciate your continuous work and devotion, and are very thankful for all you've done and are doing; the last thing we want is for you to feel any pressure. Please take your time, and never again apologise.

@GOG, are you taking notes?
Barefoot_Monkey: Sorry for the delays. Been having power failures lately that have made progress difficult.
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

*reads, rubs eyes, reads again*

Emm... excuse me, did the community hire you, put you on a payroll, and set deadlines for specific tasks and deliverables you were assigned, and I somehow missed it all?

You're devoting personal time and effort to give us all sorts of features and options, and fix things, truly enhancing our experience on GOG, and you are apologising for the... delay?

We all very much appreciate your continuous work and devotion, and are very thankful for all you've done and are doing; the last thing we want is for you to feel any pressure. Please take your time, and never again apologise.

@GOG, are you taking notes?
Exactly that!
Barefoot_Monkey, thanks again for your wonderful script.

I do have a minor bug to report.
What I did: About -> Barefoot Essentials -> Close
After doing so, I can no longer click links on the page except in the top menu bar.
This happens on the main page and in the forums. Possibly on all pages.
Firefox 54, Win 7
It looks like div.menu-overlay is retaining the is-visible class causing it to get in the way of things.

Thanks again for all your work!
Post edited September 18, 2017 by adambiser
high rated
adambiser: ...
Thanks for letting me know. It was a quick thing to fix once pointed out.

Version 2.23.3 is up with a fix for the overlay bug that adambiser reported, as well as the ability to hide the official notification icons that I promised a couple of weeks ago.

It's late now, so the update is for GreaseMonkey only. I'll most likely be able to update Chrome tomorrow.
Barefoot_Monkey:
Thanks!
Fixed here.