It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.23.1 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey. The "click to play video" widget is now much smaller and tidier than it was previously.
Yay to that. It looks fine now. Thank you to take my remark (it really wasn't a complaint) into consideration. Love it!
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.23.1 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey. The "click to play video" widget is now much smaller and tidier than it was previously.
I'm loving the new video widget, but a couple of suggestions / requests.

Would it be possible to tell you which video each button links to for posts with multiple videos?
See the first post here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/upcoming_games_youre_really_looking_forward_to
I assume it's in order, but it would be nice to have a tooltip maybe which either gave the link or link text.

Also it would be nice to be able to collapse the video again after watching it.

Just some thoughts, but I love the feature and think it looks great :)
That new feature is crescent fresh. Looks and works brilliantly. Thanks a bunch as always, Barefoot_Monkey!
high rated
Version 2.23.2 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey, with a couple of tweaks to the video feature. Thank you to adaliabooks for the suggestions:

adaliabooks: Would it be possible to tell you which video each button links to for posts with multiple videos?
See the first post here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/upcoming_games_youre_really_looking_forward_to
I assume it's in order, but it would be nice to have a tooltip maybe which either gave the link or link text.

Also it would be nice to be able to collapse the video again after watching it.
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.23.2 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey, with a couple of tweaks to the video feature. Thank you to adaliabooks for the suggestions:
That was quick! Thanks, that's brilliant :)
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.23.2 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey, with a couple of tweaks to the video feature. Thank you to adaliabooks for the suggestions:
adaliabooks: That was quick! Thanks, that's brilliant :)
I can just repeat what has already been said. Amazing work.
Post edited August 31, 2017 by MarkoH01
Barefoot_Monkey,

Hey, I just caught up to date a bit on the Firefox changes Mozilla is rolling out later this year which remove all legacy addon functionality and will cause most existing Firefox addons to cease to function. One of them which currently does not work and might not work when Firefox 57 launches in November is Greasemonkey which scripts like Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals rely on. Of course there are thousands of other addons likely to not work anymore also and anyone using them will more or less be screwed up the wazoo by Mozilla for these hard line written in stone changes that are coming in November. For those of us who rely on many extensions and do not want to give them up, this means we have to find a solution that works come November D-Day.

The simple short term solution is for people to switch from the mainstream Firefox release to the Firefox 52.x ESR release (Extended Support Release) which is made for enterprises and commonly ships on many Linux distributions by default. That will buy Firefox users relying on addons that would otherwise cease to work in November with FIrefox 57 some breathing room up until June 26, 2018 to continue having functional addons such as Greasemonkey and scripts like Barefoot/Adalia.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

I'm curious if you've started exploring what other options are or might be available on the mainstream Firefox browser come November when Firefox 57 ships and breaks the universe? Hopefully Greasemonkey will have been updated by then but I read up on their tracking bug and other comments online from the devs and the latest news I could find is that Greasemonkey isn't compatible and might not be able to be made compatible with Firefox 57+ due to missing APIs that may never be implemented ever let alone on time.

Firefox ESR is an ok short term fix buying 8 months roughly, but after that things look pretty bleak. Any particular plans when the shit hits the proverbial fan this November?

TIA
skeletonbow: Firefox ESR is an ok short term fix buying 8 months roughly, but after that things look pretty bleak. Any particular plans when the shit hits the proverbial fan this November?
If I understand things right, isn't Firefox moving to Chrome's extension API?
In that case for Barefoot the Chrome Extension may work, and if not TamperMonkey might..
skeletonbow: Firefox ESR is an ok short term fix buying 8 months roughly, but after that things look pretty bleak. Any particular plans when the shit hits the proverbial fan this November?
adaliabooks: If I understand things right, isn't Firefox moving to Chrome's extension API?
In that case for Barefoot the Chrome Extension may work, and if not TamperMonkey might..
Not quite, the new API is WebExtensions which is based on Chrome's API and intended to make it easier to make addons for both browsers, but they're not 100% compatible either. From what I read last, TamperMonkey doesn't work with Firefox. Eventually the Firefox WebExtensions are slated to be a superset of what Chrome offers, so many Chrome addons should in theory work, but I think realistically that is not terribly likely for a while.

Tonnes of shit is going to break real soon. I've got about 50 addons installed currently and 5 of them are flagged as compatible with Firefox 57. Going to be a nightmare so I'm moiving to Firefox ESR on Windows soon. At least one of my critical addons has stated they wont have a Firefox 57 compat version any time soon (Tab Mix Plus).

<bigsigh>
skeletonbow: Not quite, the new API is WebExtensions which is based on Chrome's API and intended to make it easier to make addons for both browsers, but they're not 100% compatible either. From what I read last, TamperMonkey doesn't work with Firefox. Eventually the Firefox WebExtensions are slated to be a superset of what Chrome offers, so many Chrome addons should in theory work, but I think realistically that is not terribly likely for a while.

Tonnes of shit is going to break real soon. I've got about 50 addons installed currently and 5 of them are flagged as compatible with Firefox 57. Going to be a nightmare so I'm moiving to Firefox ESR on Windows soon. At least one of my critical addons has stated they wont have a Firefox 57 compat version any time soon (Tab Mix Plus).

<bigsigh>
Ah. I don't use Firefox so haven't really followed it at all. That does suck..

I'll look into solutions on my end anyway, presumably it might be possible to make an official Firefox extension out of the script.
I'm planning to make a Firefox extension too. WebExtensions addons are quite easy to make, and fortunately everything BE (and AF) need should be supported. My real concern is testing on FF57 while continuing to run a pre-57 FF for my own use, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.
Barefoot_Monkey: I'm planning to make a Firefox extension too. WebExtensions addons are quite easy to make, and fortunately everything BE (and AF) need should be supported. My real concern is testing on FF57 while continuing to run a pre-57 FF for my own use, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.
That's good to know. I'll need to have a good look at it as I've not done anything like that before.
Barefoot_Monkey: I'm planning to make a Firefox extension too. WebExtensions addons are quite easy to make, and fortunately everything BE (and AF) need should be supported. My real concern is testing on FF57 while continuing to run a pre-57 FF for my own use, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.
I believe multiple versions can be installed in parallel, but virtual machines are a good clean way to handle it too.
adaliabooks: If I understand things right, isn't Firefox moving to Chrome's extension API?
skeletonbow: Not quite, the new API is WebExtensions which is based on Chrome's API and intended to make it easier to make addons for both browsers, but they're not 100% compatible either. From what I read last, TamperMonkey doesn't work with Firefox. Eventually the Firefox WebExtensions are slated to be a superset of what Chrome offers, so many Chrome addons should in theory work, but I think realistically that is not terribly likely for a while.

<bigsigh>
Thanks fo the heads up. I guess then I will simply stop updates to "solve" the problem for me.
MarkoH01: Thanks fo the heads up. I guess then I will simply stop updates to "solve" the problem for me.
It's safer to install Firefox ESR as it gets all of the security updates and addons will still work.