It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vythonaut: ps. One question; if someone necroes a thread and he's reported so his post disappears (either by other folks or done deliberately by him to confuse the other users, as it was done before again & again), do we get the "Necropost" label on the next in line - and most possibly, legit - post?
Oh good, someone else had a similar question to mine.

What happens if the necro post is deleted via spam reporting?
Vythonaut: ps. One question; if someone necroes a thread and he's reported so his post disappears (either by other folks or done deliberately by him to confuse the other users, as it was done before again & again), do we get the "Necropost" label on the next in line - and most possibly, legit - post?
Bookwyrm627: Oh good, someone else had a similar question to mine.

What happens if the necro post is deleted via spam reporting?
Assuming I understand how Barefoot has done it then it should mark the next post as a Necropost instead. If only the Necropost has been been posted and then deleted then there would probably be no warning.
It doesn't really matter whether the actual Necropost has been deleted as really the warning is just to make you pause before you start replying to arguments / questions that are months or years old.

But I could be wrong, in which case I'm sure Barefoot will correct me when he comes back on :)
adaliabooks has it pretty much spot-on. The "Necropost" label is simply an indicator that a post is much newer than the one that came before it, for whatever reason, so that the reader can see that there's a time gap. It's not really intended to say "this is the post that resurrected the thread" as such. I might change the wording in the label to seem less accusatory.
Barefoot_Monkey: It's alive!
Any idea why your extension has stopped working for me?

I don't see why the addition of the necropost thing should cause it. But it may be a build-up of errors? Please help.
Barefoot_Monkey: adaliabooks has it pretty much spot-on. The "Necropost" label is simply an indicator that a post is much newer than the one that came before it, for whatever reason, so that the reader can see that there's a time gap. It's not really intended to say "this is the post that resurrected the thread" as such. I might change the wording in the label to seem less accusatory.
Perhaps put the necro warning on the last post BEFORE the necro? Less likely to be deleted, and those responding post-delete/pre-other post might not catch quite as much flak.

I'm not sure what text to put there (maybe "Last post before Necro").
Barefoot_Monkey: adaliabooks has it pretty much spot-on. The "Necropost" label is simply an indicator that a post is much newer than the one that came before it, for whatever reason, so that the reader can see that there's a time gap. It's not really intended to say "this is the post that resurrected the thread" as such. I might change the wording in the label to seem less accusatory.
How are you actually detecting that? Are you looking for posts on the same page? Because I noticed that in the gog galaxy beta thread posts are wrongly labeled as necro posts (the three sticky post of the thread and also every first not sticky post on a new page).
Just wanted to say thanks for the necropost feature and for all your work on Barefoot Essentials!
Barefoot_Monkey: Barefoot Essentials 2.9 is out, with a small new feature: Necro detection. Any post in the forum that is at least 30 days newer than the one before it will be clearly marked with the word "Necropost".
After a lot of testing and switching to the native extension release for Chrome, it seems that it is the Necro detection code that doesn't work for me.
It is apparently the new syntax "for (let e of ...)" that is the main culprit. Could replace it with older syntax to maintain backward compatibility, please?

Before trying that I did however find the following bugs:
line 531: variable 'entry' already defined
line 592: variable 'value' already defined
line 594: variable 'i' already defined
line 660: variable 'callback' already defined
uchristensen: After a lot of testing and switching to the native extension release for Chrome, it seems that it is the Necro detection code that doesn't work for me.
It is apparently the new syntax "for (let e of ...)" that is the main culprit. Could replace it with older syntax to maintain backward compatibility, please?

Before trying that I did however find the following bugs:
line 531: variable 'entry' already defined
line 592: variable 'value' already defined
line 594: variable 'i' already defined
line 660: variable 'callback' already defined
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I've been waiting to come home from work to look into this carefully. I was actually just spending some time looking into this and couldn't actually reproduce your problem - it works perfectly on Chrome for me with no errors at all. Nice work spotting the for (let e of...) thing. Sorry you had to figure that out yourself. I assume you're using Chrome 50 or older, right? I'm using version 51, which is a few months old but happens to be the first to support the for...of syntax. I'll fix up the script to avoid that and have a new version up in the next few minutes.
Barefoot_Monkey: I was actually just spending some time looking into this and couldn't actually reproduce your problem - it works perfectly on Chrome for me with no errors at all. Nice work spotting the for (let e of...) thing. Sorry you had to figure that out yourself. I assume you're using Chrome 50 or older, right? I'm using version 51, which is a few months old but happens to be the first to support the for...of syntax. I'll fix up the script to avoid that and have a new version up in the next few minutes.
I am for the time being using a much older version of Chrome. *embarassed*
I did manage to get it working with two caveats. First, the one mentioned. I managed to replace it with:

var post_dates_selected = document.querySelectorAll('.post_date');
for (var j = 0; j < post_dates_selected.length; j++) {
var e = post_dates_selected[ j ];
}
And second, a polyfill for the endsWith()-method on strings:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/endsWith
Post edited October 17, 2016 by uchristensen
Bookwyrm627: Perhaps put the necro warning on the last post BEFORE the necro? Less likely to be deleted, and those responding post-delete/pre-other post might not catch quite as much flak.

I'm not sure what text to put there (maybe "Last post before Necro").
I love this idea. Maybe tomorrow or later this week I'll move the marker to a space in-between the posts, and have it say how much time has passed between posts instead of labelling any specific post. That also makes more sense with respect to what moonshineshadow noticed in threads where the first post is sticky.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by Barefoot_Monkey
high rated
uchristensen: I am for the time being using a much older version of Chrome. *embarassed*
I did manage to get it working with two caveats. First, the one mentioned. I managed to replace it with: And second, a polyfill for the endsWith()-method on strings:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/endsWith
Alright, a new version has been published a short while ago, and seems to work fine on my browsers. Let me know if you have any more problems, and thanks for your bug reports :)
uchristensen: I am for the time being using a much older version of Chrome. *embarassed*
I did manage to get it working with two caveats. First, the one mentioned. I managed to replace it with: And second, a polyfill for the endsWith()-method on strings:
Barefoot_Monkey: Alright, a new version has been published a short while ago, and seems to work fine on my browsers. Let me know if you have any more problems, and thanks for your bug reports :)
I am pretty sure that all of the for...of loops and iterators were not yet implemented with this Chrome version, so it would have to be the kind of loop structure I posted to work:

var post_dates_selected = document.querySelectorAll('.post_date');
for (var j = 0; j < post_dates_selected.length; j++) {
var e = post_dates_selected[ j ];
}

instead of

for (var e of document.querySelectorAll('.post_date')) { ... }

Tried to test the NodeList class for member functions: values(), entries() and forEach(), but they were all undefined.

So yeah, 2.9.2 does sadly not work for me (yet). :-(
adaliabooks: But I could be wrong, in which case I'm sure Barefoot will correct me when he comes back on :)
Barefoot_Monkey: adaliabooks has it pretty much spot-on.
Thanks for the replies! :)
Microsoft Edge for the Windows 10 Anniverary Update got support for the Tampermonkey extension!

Now you can use Barefoot Essentials with Edge! Since I have a GOG wiki account, I'll add Edge to the installation procedure on the GOG wiki page! After installing Tampermonkey for Edge, you should then install Barefoot Essentials.

Here is a for those who want to see it. In addition, if you don't want to use the Windows Store for getting Tampermonkey, you can [url=https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar6sDvz1zhVksi7wokXS0Cjpmp3d]download it from my OneDrive and sideload it yourself (the process is simple, double click the downloaded file on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update if you have App Installer or summon Powershell, find the appx and type "add-appxpackage *.appx")

The thing that doesn't work for me on Edge at the moment is sharing the library to the GOG wiki (which works in Firefox). The rest look fine to me.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by PookaMustard