It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now that spring is upon us, there is plenty of spring cleaning to take care of and as more people around the globe practice social distancing, it is the perfect time to stay home and catch up on some new games or other classics you may have missed out on.

As our Spring Sale is underway, offering over 2,500 deals, there is plenty to celebrate now, like the return of the Darklands and Slave Zero to our catalog, under a new digital publisher. We also thought it would be the perfect time to introduce you to a handful of other classic games that are now available on GOG.COM thanks to Ziggurat Interactive. You can check them out below!

NAM
In NAM, you play as Alan 'The Bear' Westmoreland, a Marine Corps sergeant. Your mission is simple - survive through 34 single and multiplayer levels. There’s even 8-person PVP if you are looking to frag out with friends.

If first-person, militaristic style games are your style and you are a fan of classic titles like DOOM II and Duke Nukem 3D, this is one that is definitely worth checking out.

Elite Warriors Vietnam
Here’s another militaristic shooter that takes place in Vietnam, but instead of first-person, Elite Warriors Vietnam is a third-person shooter released in 2005.

Your mission is to infiltrate Laos and help out any way you can. Explore lush environments and handle squad management tasks as you train and put together the best teams for the jobs ahead - including rescuing pilots, capturing soldiers, and more.

Line of Sight Vietnam
Starting to notice a bit of a theme here? Also taking place in Vietnam during the war, Line of Sight Vietnam is a shooter that lets you play in both first-person and third-person, so regardless of your preference, you’re good to go.

Covering 12 single-player missions, you play as Pvt. Chris Egan, a US Army sniper. You’re tasked with removing a variety of enemies, sometimes alone, sometimes with an NPC squadmate that you can give orders to. In addition to giving orders, you can also play from their perspective during the missions to add even more ways to play.

Deadly Dozen
The first non-Vietnam game on our list, Deadly Dozen is a first-person shooter that takes place during World War II. You control a squad of 12, as you tear your way through German-occupied territories and other landmark locations from WW II.

If you like hand-crafting teams for a variety of missions, Deadly Dozens is the perfect title for that. With each mission, you’ll get a briefing, and from there decide which members of your squad are best suited for the mission at hand.

Also, if Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam, and Elite Warriors Vietnam seem like something you are interested in, you can snag all three with a special series discount.

Fields of Glory
Fields of Glory is a bit different than the other titles on this list, but if you love realistic military strategy games, this is one worth checking out.

Unlike the other shooters on the list, Fields of Glory is a pure real-time strategy game. It highlights four of the historical battles of Napoleon's Waterloo campaign, as well as two additional battles. This game prides itself on its accuracy, so if you are a history buff, this is definitely one worth looking at.

Well, there you have it. Five new titles that are available on GOG.COM from Ziggurat Interactive. If you are looking for something militaristic, any of these titles are great choices to dive into.

And don’t forget to do some of that spring cleaning between matches!

What do you think? Interested in any of these games? Let us know in the comments below!
Post edited March 20, 2020 by emter_pl
Faust_3D: You can STFU.
Relax bro.
low rated
tgbap: In any of those Viet Nam War games, can we play as the good guys or are we restricted to play as Americans?
yeah, I would like to play as good guys too. kill those pesky americants!
Random_Coffee: Now we just need Shellshock Nam. No idea if it's good, but I remember eyeing it in stores and thinking of picking it up for the original Xbox.

Anyone here played NAM? I love all things Build engine, but apparently reviews aren't exactly shining.
I have shellshock for PC and it is impossble to get working. Pretty the game didn't even work back in 2004 on PC.
low rated
Faust_3D: You can STFU.
acute71: Relax bro.
From old Hanoi to East Berlin
Commando - involved again

They do their best, they do what they can
They get them ready for Viet Nam

First rule is: The laws of Germany
Second rule is: Be nice to mommy
Third rule is: Don't talk to commies
Fourth rule is: Eat kosher salamis
tgbap: In any of those Viet Nam War games, can we play as the good guys or are we restricted to play as Americans?
well
Neither side is considered good gyus in my eyes in the vietnam conflict.
Plenty of civilians died on both sides.
The vietcongs also executed people or civilians that supported the american side
those that managed to escape or flee was in most cases the lucky ones.
low rated
GOG.com: Starting to notice a bit of a theme here?
BreOl72: You bet!
Now bring the two Vietcong games and also 7554, to complete the theme.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game[/url])

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7554
if there were to be any Vietnam War themed games here, it should of been the Vietcong games first up. still my fav war FPS series to this day.
Lodium: well
The vietcongs also executed people or civilians that supported the american side
all armies execute civilians. even in modern conflict it's still an issue.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by tedeee
BreOl72: You bet!
Now bring the two Vietcong games and also 7554, to complete the theme.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_(video_game[/url])

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietcong_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7554
tedeee: if there were to be any Vietnam War themed games here, it should of been the Vietcong games first up. still my fav war FPS series to this day.
Lodium: well
tedeee: all armies execute civilians. even in modern conflict it's still an issue.
True, civilans dying is the result of any warfare, its just the nature of warfare in general
i just reacted to term good guys used in the comment
What i meant there was litarally no Rambo types that flew in to save the civllians (Exaggeration expression)
except the few lucky ones that managed to flee, some with the help of others while others managed to do it themself.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by Lodium
Is this discount for buying Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight and Elite Warriors together even working? I've tried to put in cart all three games and there is no discount comparing to buying single title - went up to the moment when you place your order.

And yeah, definitelly Vietcong (for sure first one, I've played it and it was amazing game) would be a great addition to GOG library. On the other hand - I'm glad that this NAM game on DN3D engine has arrived, I was always curious about this one (and the other "clone" from WWII, also on Duke's engine).

[Modded by Bookwyrm627: Please refrain from political commentary unless directly related to a game.]
Post edited March 21, 2020 by Bookwyrm627
I already have Slave Zero and Darklands and I don't care for the new Ziggurat games, but I'm happy for everyone else who is interested.
MartiusR: Is this discount for buying Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight and Elite Warriors together even working? I've tried to put in cart all three games and there is no discount comparing to buying single title - went up to the moment when you place your order.
There is no cumulative discount for the Ziggurat games. That promotion only works for the Witcher, Deep Silver, 1C and Ubisoft bundles.
I'm inclined to agree with the anti-War Machine sentiment, but not much else. *dabs on haters* though maybe we should get more games where we play as the "bad guys", including the ... Nazis. :-0
low rated
Now only need another bunch of other games like Vietcong or Call of Duty BO 1, if i remember, Vietcong whas created by the guys of Mafia 1 and 2 and from eastern Europe in the credits if a remember they made a note in memory of the victims of the war and the ALL the communist regimes.

If you whant to play the "good" guys just go to play Rising Storm 2 on Steam, for my, as a former cuban born citizen now living out of my country any game about killing communist, nazis and zombies is a good game for me.

[Modded by Bookwyrm627: Please refrain from political commentary unless it directly relates to a game.]
Post edited March 21, 2020 by Bookwyrm627
SCPM:
Wishlisted! I love the new wave of making games in old revamped engines. The graphics chase really hampered creativity.

The likes of Ion Maiden or Aeon of Wrath. Too bad the GOG versions for those are incomplete.
MartiusR: Is this discount for buying Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight and Elite Warriors together even working? I've tried to put in cart all three games and there is no discount comparing to buying single title - went up to the moment when you place your order.
karnak1: There is no cumulative discount for the Ziggurat games. That promotion only works for the Witcher, Deep Silver, 1C and Ubisoft bundles.
From the announcement we're all technically commenting on:
GOG.com: Also, if Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam, and Elite Warriors Vietnam seem like something you are interested in, you can snag all three with a special series discount.
The only question is whether the mentioned discount is supposed to be in addition to the current sale/release discount (in which case it's not working), or superseded by it (in which case they shouldn't have mentioned it here, or should've at least made it clear that the series discount will effectively be overridden by the current sale).
From the news post:
[i]Also, if Deadly Dozen, Line of Sight Vietnam, and Elite Warriors Vietnam seem like something you are interested in, you can snag all three with a special series discount.
[/i]
karnak1: There is no cumulative discount for the Ziggurat games. That promotion only works for the Witcher, Deep Silver, 1C and Ubisoft bundles.