It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

micktiegs_8: Gee, thanks for closing the thread because I asked politely a second time...

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_luck_america/post1054

This is beginning to look like selective ignorance.

edit: this is me and my request falling on deaf ears:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_luck_america/post988
There may still be some confusion (amongst the moderators) about locking/closing threads, or maybe there is a new policy being developed. I recall fables22 saying that when beginning moderating that an OP asked for its thread to be closed and that fables22 refused, yet later fables22 found out that in general they are supposed to close (or lock) a thread when the OP of the thread asks. However, I can't find the thread where fables22 admitted that; it's not this thread and it's not the jazzy thread.

Since then the new CoC came out and there's also been some new approaches to moderating, so maybe closing/locking threads for the original poster of a thread is not so cut and dried anymore?

Edit: ninja'd by fables22
Post edited April 10, 2017 by thomq
Bookwyrm627: Huh. That's a change in policy, then. Previous policy was OP could request and receive a thread closure.
fables22: It's funnily convenient how no one noticed that we had that conversation in November, literally hours after I joined in house. It's not a new policy - it was just that the person I asked about it at the time didn't happen to have the right information. I've closed numerous threads upon the OP's request since then.
No one noticed? Did you ask everyone? I'd have you know I've noticed such things 3-5 times a day. :-p

It's not necessarily the thread date that might have gone conveniently unnoticed (or perhaps considered irrelevant) so much as the lack of a readily accessible public record of your timesheet of clocking in/out of your job, in particular your hiring date/time. Perhaps you're so intimately familiar with your life that you think everyone else knows everything about you, too? :-p

[I hope you're not expecting everybody to have read every post in every thread before posting anything…I mean, that'd be great, but um, yea, probably not going to happen. And even then, the likelihood of everyone developing the exact same understanding would be, er, unlikely.]
fables22: It's funnily convenient how no one noticed that we had that conversation in November, literally hours after I joined in house. It's not a new policy - it was just that the person I asked about it at the time didn't happen to have the right information. I've closed numerous threads upon the OP's request since then.
Mea culpa and fair enough. You're right that I didn't check the conversation date (nor cross check your join date).

I remembered a blue once saying "Oh hey, my bad about not closing the thread. I now know its SOP." but couldn't remember who and figured maybe that was maybe Ciris or something.
Bookwyrm627: Mea culpa and fair enough. You're right that I didn't check the conversation date (nor cross check your join date).

I remembered a blue once saying "Oh hey, my bad about not closing the thread. I now know its SOP." but couldn't remember who and figured maybe that was maybe Ciris or something.
Not sure those are the exact words I used or the case you remember is the one involving me, but I did definitely say so quite a while back.
low rated
Look, just stop it with the BS and give us a strait answer, what the hell is Goofy!?
tinyE: what the hell is Goofy!?
Everything about this place, really.
zeogold: Seems like one of you adoring fans.
dtgreene: Erm, Oblivion is not (yet?) available on this website, so we don't have an adoring fan *yet*.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvchZWG4_Y
Testing...

:(

zeogold: I'm going to guess
You should speak straight out of your ass more. Seriously.
Post edited April 10, 2017 by budejovice
low rated
OKAY LOOK! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!

I don't care what your rules, your COC say, that doesn't give you and your goons the right to just grab me and drag me off the plane and I intend to.....

Oh wait shit...wrong forum.

sorry
low rated
budejovice: You should speak straight out of your ass more.
Be careful, he's an administrator of another forum, he'll ban you.
low rated
budejovice: You should speak straight out of your ass more.
Kleetus: Be careful, he's an administrator of another forum, he'll ban you.
Reported XD
Post edited April 11, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
Hello,yep it's the suck up thread.
low rated
I think this thread has run its course and should be closed, post-haste.
zeogold: I'm going to guess
budejovice: You should speak straight out of your ass more. Seriously.
Forgive me, good sir, for the heinous crime of speculation when lack of an official explanation is present. May my sins be cleansed.
high rated
Just now discovered this post (and the forum rules) a month late. But then, I'd pretty much given up on the GOG forums about half a year ago, so kind of surprising I found it at all. Still, better late than never, and kudos for trying to re-establish the spirit of community that once reigned here.