It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: It wasn't about another language and the question why it happened remains guesswork since it came without a word.
I'm only clarifying (again) what "Appropriate language" means. No idea about the bans and/or deletions.
Telika: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_is_this_movie/page158

Also baffles me. I don't see how the language could be even more appropriate.
Don't forget that the number of "messages per page" setting has an influence when you link to a specifc page.

So to get the "conversation" which I think you're reffering to, it's better to specify the date (starting on 29th March 2017):
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_is_this_movie

BTW, the "what is this movie" game and the last heated conversation in it is a good case of moderation where knowledge of the thread and the participants would be required before putting some blind ban because of a cursed word as the root of the problem lies elsewhere.
Telika: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_is_this_movie/page158

Also baffles me. I don't see how the language could be even more appropriate.
catpower1980: Don't forget that the number of "messages per page" setting has an influence when you link to a specifc page.

So to get the "conversation" which I think you're reffering to, it's better to specify the date (starting on 29th March 2017):

BTW, the "what is this movie" game and the last heated conversation in it is a good case of moderation where knowledge of the thread and the participants would be required before putting some blind ban because of a cursed word as the root of the problem lies elsewhere.
Ahh, Kleetus was involved... no further questions.
low rated
So basically he got banned for finally losing his patience, and the guy doing the obvious trolling and shitting on everyone's game got what he wanted- successfully baiting a respected user into a ban. Again.

Seriously, there isn't a stauncher supporter of having a moderation around here than me, and in many respects it has already vastly improved things, but I hoped we wouldn't need to pay a price like that. It doesn't even take some lengthy investigation to see what's going on. This basically makes turns moderation into a new tool for the trolls to use. Ok, literally speaking drealmer did break the rules, but a warning would have been more than enough in this situation, and kleetus should be the with a ban. Preferably a permanent one.
low rated
catpower1980: Don't forget that the number of "messages per page" setting has an influence when you link to a specifc page.

Ah yeah. Good point. Damn, I forgot how this forum functions so fast.

catpower1980: BTW, the "what is this movie" game and the last heated conversation in it is a good case of moderation where knowledge of the thread and the participants would be required before putting some blind ban because of a cursed word as the root of the problem lies elsewhere.
Yeah. The issue is also that the roots of the problem are beyond the reach of moderation (especially the legal-oriented moderation here). People like Kleetus render impossible a forum activity based on cooperation - that is, on the agreement of explicit and implicit informal rules that are the requisites of a thread game. There's nothing against that, just like there is no law against acting like a twat in real life (yet humans cooperate on countless activities with the implicit rules of behaviour that make it possible, and chastize -like drealmer7 did- those who deliberately breach them).

We're in full Garfinkel territory here : "breaching" reveals the untold behaviour expectations that aren't enforced by any official rules or moderation. And, in a forum contexts (and/or in front of some sorts of sociopaths) no informal normativity has any effect.

It takes very few people (usually one suffices) to ruin and prevent collaborative activities. It's a soothing little wonder that it doesn't happen more often in life.
Post edited April 04, 2017 by Telika
low rated
Klumpen0815: What really bugs me is that drealmer7 (a really good guy and definitely NOT one of the trolls that are roaming scott free atm) was banned without any prior warning which seems to be against the proclaimed rules anyway.
Breja: Drealmer? That sucks. We may not always agree, but if anything I'm more of a troll than he is :P I hope it's short term and won't lead him to abandon the forum.
I haven't encountered this particular user, but there is one thing I would like to point out:

Sometimes, a user will seem nice at first, and will be nice most of the time and/or to most users. However, said user may suddenly do something that is clearly out of line. In fact, there has been a case, in the past, where a normally sane user started throwing extremely offensive transphobic language at me (this was before the new moderation). I'm not going to name the user (who has since apologized over chat) in question, but that user in question did leave the forum. citing the lack of moderation IIRC. (Incidentally, the posts in question were so out of line that they would likely warrant at least a warning, and perhaps even a temporary ban, for a first offense.)

In other words, users who seem nice might not always be so.
low rated
Kleetus got drealmer kicked the same way he got me kicked. He baited us over and over and over, daring us to go off on him, we did, we got booted.

I PM drealmer constantly and was talking to him that whole time he was dealing with K in the movie thread. We kept remarking to each other how similar it was to what happened to me a couple of days before.

NOW, I suppose the responsibility lies with people like drealmer and myself to be more mature and not give into K's constant, and obvious baiting, but I pose the question, should hanging out here require a constant test of our tolerance?

Several people in here who hate the rules have figured out a way to get back at the people who like them, and that's by beating people over the head with those rules.

No matter what I post, or drealmer, or others, there are users who are going to pick those posts apart and find something that in their minds breaks the COC, however minor or innocent, and they are going to assail us with those 'violations'. My guess is to make us change our minds and think, "Yeah, moderation sucks."
Post edited April 04, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
It appears to me that several users can berate another user but said user in replying is told to ignore.This is a very unfair situation,placed on said user.If several user's can berate said user then why can't they be told to stop? Is this not called bullying from other members and condoned?
low rated
Tauto: It appears to me that several users can berate another user but said user in replying is told to ignore.This is a very unfair situation,placed on said user.If several user's can berate said user then why can't they be told to stop? Is this not called bullying from other members and condoned?
Did I or did I not get a two day ban for berating Kleetus?

I call bullshit on you. :P
Post edited April 04, 2017 by tinyE
high rated
tinyE: Kleetus got drealmer kicked the same way he got me kicked. He baited us over and over and over, daring us to go off on him, we did, we got booted.

I PM drealmer constantly and was talking to him that whole time he was dealing with K in the movie thread. We kept remarking to each other how similar it was to what happened to me a couple of days before.

NOW, I suppose the responsibility lies with people like drealmer and myself to be more mature and not give into K's constant, and obvious baiting, but I pose the question, should hanging out here require a constant test of our tolerance?

Several people in here who hate the rules have figured out a way to get back at the people who like them, and that's by beating people over the head with those rules.

No matter what I post, or drealmer, or others, there are users who are going to pick those posts apart and find something that in their minds breaks the COC, however minor or innocent, and they are going to assail us with those 'violations'. My guess is to make us change our minds and think, "Yeah, moderation sucks."
My response to this and other recent similar complaints:
1) If Kleetus is a problem, then shun him. Don't talk to him, don't PM him, don't talk about him, don't even read his posts. His avatar is pretty unique; a single glance lets you know who it is, and even if he changes it then his username is still there. If you find yourself typing out a post or reply to him, then stop typing, close the "Add new post" window (or delete the text from the quick reply box), and start reading the next post in the thread. Skip him in non-game threads, and if necessary skip him in game threads. If you make like he doesn't exist, then he can't bait you into doing stupid things.

If he successfully convinces you to light yourself on fire, then it seems to me that the blame for your burns lies with you. You know what he's trying to do, you know you shouldn't do it, you know what will happen if you do it, but you do it anyway.

GOG Rule Summary:
-Don't be an asshat.
-If someone else is being an asshat, then don't be an asshat.

2) I've read the Drealmer/Kleetus conversation. Drealmer was clearly breaking the COC by directing profanity personally at another user multiple times over the course of ~30 posts. I agree Drealmer should have gotten a warning first, which might have solved the problem, though I'm not surprised a minimum length ban was placed considering the extent of the infraction.
fables22: Nope.
Oh..... (puts away tickling gloves)
tinyE: Kleetus got drealmer kicked the same way he got me kicked. He baited us over and over and over, daring us to go off on him, we did, we got booted.
What nonsense, I've left you alone for weeks and you still constantly gave me crap and called me names.

tinyE: I PM drealmer constantly and was talking to him that whole time he was dealing with K in the movie thread.
That's the problem, people here get together and play Lord of the Flies.

I'd never spoken to Drealmer prior to that thread, and he started it, so don't misrepresent the situation.

tinyE: My guess is to make us change our minds and think, "Yeah, moderation sucks."
You were the one who wanted moderation, well now you have it but it doesn't suit you so you're blaming others.

Anyway, stop mentioning me please, I've ignored you so why can't you do the same?
low rated
Kleetus: I'd never spoken to Drealmer prior to that thread, and he started it, so don't misrepresent the situation.
You were shitting all over the What Movie Is This thread and ruining the fun for everybody, you started it, so don't misrepresent the situation.
DaCostaBR: You were shitting all over the What Movie Is This thread and ruining the fun for everybody, you started it, so don't misrepresent the situation.
More nonsense, and it was actually you who derailed the thread and started the abuse.

You don't get to make your own rules in that thread, I played the game and will continue playing it.

Don't like it, bad luck.
low rated
Kleetus: I played the game and will continue playing it.
Playing alone, by the state you left that thread.
Post edited April 05, 2017 by DaCostaBR