It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarm: Holy derail and off topic rules Batman! That will take some time getting used to around here.

One question:
What law? Polish? We're a pretty international bunch here and there are all kinds of strange law variants.
Sorry if it's been asked before but you know, that search function...
gamesfreak64: EU law i guess since most of us are EU members.
Hm. Which country is GOG based in legaly? I guess it would be that countrys and if it's in EU its laws too.
low rated
micktiegs_8: seems someone was a little grumpy at my post #496... great way to censor people, GOG :p
tinyE: Oh that!
I wrote down the Colonel Secret Recipe.

GOG was forced to delete it or face litigation.
did you see what I wrote? was a half serious angry post to GOG as a whole. Fables probably got a little butthurt/vaghurt... whatever hurt more I guess. Too afraid to leave it there for others to see I guess ;)

Basically I said stuff like: GOG has their priorities right (in sarcasm), they need to remove the need for the 'what did just update' thread and actually do the job themselves. GOG needs to have all games updated to parity with other platforms. GOG needs to show proper and up to date support for LINUX. GOG needs to remove the stupid rep system for obvious reasons. shit I can't remember what else.

Maybe it was the swearing in the post that got it deleted lol. who knows... this preferential censorship is ridiculous.
micktiegs_8: seems someone was a little grumpy at my post #496... great way to censor people, GOG :p
Is that a new GOG game we get to play before Cyberpunk 2077 release?

If so, I have another one called "where are posts #432 (me) and #435 (Tauto quoting me)"

Didn't get any moderator notification or ban (even if I deliberately broke the rules), so would be good to get official clarifications on who deleted them.
catpower1980: Is that a new GOG game we get to play before Cyberpunk 2077 release?

If so, I have another one called "where are posts #432 (me) and #435 (Tauto quoting me)"

Didn't get any moderator notification or ban (even if I deliberately broke the rules), so would be good to get official clarifications on who deleted them.
Can't remember what it was about but how many guesses would you like?
low rated
catpower1980: Is that a new GOG game we get to play before Cyberpunk 2077 release?

Oh you know who deleted them, you just don't NEED to know. You're just a customer here.

You know what I find hilarious? that GOG actually perceives discussion on its forum to be of detriment/value regarding prospective customers/sales. People will buy games here regardless... they're not going to look at the forum and say 'oh these look like a sour bunch' and turn away. They'll see the game for sale and buy it... simple.

It's not as if I look at the indiegamestand forum before buying a game, or the non-existent itch.io forum. The forum here has absolutely no sway for sales.

quickly screenshot for posterity. this will all disappear soon.
Post edited April 01, 2017 by micktiegs_8
low rated
micktiegs_8: Oh you know who deleted them, you just don't NEED to know. You're just a customer here.

You know what I find hilarious? that GOG actually perceives discussion on its forum to be of detriment/value regarding prospective customers/sales. People will buy games here regardless... they're not going to look at the forum and say 'oh these look like a sour bunch' and turn away. They'll see the game for sale and buy it... simple.

It's not as if I look at the indiegamestand forum before buying a game, or the non-existent itch.io forum. The forum here has absolutely no sway for sales.
It does though. People who hang around the forum are more likely to continue making purchases. Also, not removing objectionable material implies support. They don't want to be seen as a company supporting hate speech. There's also the fact that hate speech on the forum can stop people from bringing their games here, and stop other sponsors from giving money to GOG and CDP. There are a LOT of ramifications and consequences.
low rated
micktiegs_8: Oh you know who deleted them, you just don't NEED to know. You're just a customer here.

paladin181: It does though. People who hang around the forum are more likely to continue making purchases. Also, not removing objectionable material implies support. They don't want to be seen as a company supporting hate speech. There's also the fact that hate speech on the forum can stop people from bringing their games here, and stop other sponsors from giving money to GOG and CDP. There are a LOT of ramifications and consequences.
okay well for me, the forum has done absolutely nothing to sway my purchases. People need to realise that EVERYWHERE they go or participate that there will be some sort of undesirable element within, whether it's censored or not. What if the very same 'poor discussion' was over at steam somewhere. would it bother prospective customers? no, it wouldn't. You'd have to be totally stubborn to your own nonsense if you thought otherwise.

aww look what you did paladin. Your gang is a little gwumpy with the truth.
low rated

micktiegs_8: did you see what I wrote? was a half serious angry post to GOG as a whole. Fables probably got a little butthurt/vaghurt... whatever hurt more I guess. Too afraid to leave it there for others to see I guess ;)

Basically I said stuff like: GOG has their priorities right (in sarcasm), they need to remove the need for the 'what did just update' thread and actually do the job themselves. GOG needs to have all games updated to parity with other platforms. GOG needs to show proper and up to date support for LINUX. GOG needs to remove the stupid rep system for obvious reasons. shit I can't remember what else.

Maybe it was the swearing in the post that got it deleted lol. who knows... this preferential censorship is ridiculous.
She has kicked me twice for shit many other people are getting away with. No one is as pissed as I am but yesterday morning when I my SECOND ban ended I realized it wasn't worth the effort and certainly wasn't helping her with her job.

Maybe the new COC will clean this place up, I FUCkING HOPE AND PRAY IT DOES, but as of right now it's implementation has holes in it your could drive a truck through. Certain trolls have figured out out to bait people and continue rep abuse without technically violating any rules or getting caught if they do, and of course the weekend is a joke. Over the next two day several of those assholes are going to set up shop, post their Nazi/Infowars bullshit links knowing they don't have to worry about being called out on it until Monday, get banned for a couple of days, show up next Saturday and start their crap again,

Anyway, as much as I want to scream at Fables, I think she really is doing all she can under the circumstances. GOG handed her a band-aid and told her to go save that guy who just got bitten in half by a shark.

I've gone to another venue and rediscovered most of the friends that turds like Tauto and Kleetus have either driven out out or gotten booted out, as well as several other who couldn't tolerate people like MagicMan and RT with their fascist ranting.

Until then I think it behooves us to just let Fables do her job. If it's this bad in a month or two or three, maybe consider just taking off and nuking the site from orbit.
low rated
tinyE: I've gone to another venue
Yeah, I was offered it a while ago, but didn't want to because I didn't feel I deserved it. I've deleted the message that contained where it was too, so if you or someone want to offer it to me again I'd appreciate it (yeah I'll make my chat public for a while, zeogold). I'd also appreciate if people understood the reasons why I'm angry at this place. The very same reasons I mentioned to you just before. I know they will NEVER be fixed, and that makes me pissed off even more.

edit: actually I found the old message from zeogold. my profile is public so if someone wants to let me know that I'd be welcome, I'll create an account.
low rated
tinyE: I've gone to another venue
micktiegs_8: Yeah, I was offered it a while ago, but didn't want to because I didn't feel I deserved it. I've deleted the message that contained where it was too, so if you or someone want to offer it to me again I'd appreciate it (yeah I'll make my chat public for a while, zeogold). I'd also appreciate if people understood the reasons why I'm angry at this place. The very same reasons I mentioned to you just before. I know they will NEVER be fixed, and that makes me pissed off even more.

edit: actually I found the old message from zeogold. my profile is public so if someone wants to let me know that I'd be welcome, I'll create an account.
That message from zeo isn't what I was talking about.
I'll PM you the other place.
low rated
I CAN'T SEE ANY POLICY!

I temporarily allowed ZenDesk, ZDAssets and BootstrapCDN through my various securities.
Of course, I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to be arse-raped by "SkyNet" or Cl**dfl*r*.

So, can I have a copy please?
I really need to know if the burly Polski bastions of manhood have gone "full-flake" on us.

St**m is impossible for us older guys.
Say anything contentious and the censor fags use a single expletive to go crying to their boyfriend mods to get you banned.

I've been banned so many times, just for restarting threads they simply shut down because I didn't toe their Commie line and wasn't buying deceptions that would impact others if they bought them.
low rated
You must have been banned a lot.
I've never seen you before.
d3v14n7: I CAN'T SEE ANY POLICY!

I temporarily allowed ZenDesk, ZDAssets and BootstrapCDN through my various securities.
Of course, I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to be arse-raped by "SkyNet" or Cl**dfl*r*.

I really need to know if the burly Polski bastions of manhood have gone "full-flake" on us.

Say anything contentious and the censor fags use a single expletive to go crying to their boyfriend mods to get you banned.

I've been banned so many times, just for restarting threads they simply shut down because I didn't toe their Commie line and wasn't buying deceptions that would impact others if they bought them.
There is a link in the second sentence of the OP. Follow it to see the policies.
d3v14n7: I CAN'T SEE ANY POLICY!

Bookwyrm627: There is a link in the second sentence of the OP. Follow it to see the policies.
This is how it looks, if you - like me and obviously some others here - disable all third party scripts and just go with scripts directly from gog.com (see attachment).
So yup, there is no code of conduct for me either.
Attachments:
Post edited April 01, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Good grief you guys...

There you go.

FYI all I had to do was allowing Gog, Zendesk and ZDAssets. Everything else is unnecessary.
Attachments:
rt.png (99 Kb)
fm.png (81 Kb)