It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

227: (Except for you and me. We're forum enemies forever. I shall be the pebbles in your shoes. The sand in your eyes. The coughing person sitting next to you on the bus.)
I don't care what your reputation might be like in the back alleys; you make me laugh.
low rated
Telling someone what game I was playing, low rated.

Oh yeah, this forum is doing just fine. :P

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/attention_please_updated_forum_rules/post491

God knows what would have happened had I said "Duke Nukem Forever". XD
Post edited March 28, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
227: (Except for you and me. We're forum enemies forever. I shall be the pebbles in your shoes. The sand in your eyes. The coughing person sitting next to you on the bus.)
This summer's overrated Marvel movie?
tinyE: Telling someone what game I was playing, low rated.

It's not like they singled out that post. All of yours and mine are low rated, and not just in this thread. Really, the only annoying thing about it at all is that this is the "rules" thread, and this just proves how meaningless the rule about rep abuse is. Like I said before, if they can't do anything about it, they should not have mentioned rep in the rules at all. Maybe then it would be easier for people to ignore it.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Breja
low rated
Breja: This summer's overrated Marvel movie?
tinyE: Telling someone what game I was playing, low rated.

Breja: It's not like they singled out that post. All of yours and mine are low rated, and not just in this thread. Really, the only annoying thing about it at all is that this is the "rules" thread, and this just proves how meaningless the rule about rep abuse is. Like I said before, if they can't do anything about it, they should not have mentioned rep in the rules at all. Maybe then it would be easier for people to ignore it.
Well someone at GOG just reminded me, we were never told rep abuse was going to stop. This is true.
low rated
tinyE: Well someone at GOG just reminded me, we were never told rep abuse was going to stop. This is true.
So the point still stands- why did they make a rule about it at all then? Remove the rule, replace it with "rep is meaningless, we can't do anything about the abuse, just ignore it please". There. Done. Solved.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Breja
high rated
tinyE: Well someone at GOG just reminded me, we were never told rep abuse was going to stop. This is true.
Breja: So the point still stands- why did they make a rule about it at all then? Remove the rule, replace it with "rep is meaningless, we can't do anything about the abuse, just ignore it please". There. Done. Solved.
We've been through this a million times and it's frankly quite mind-boggling to me that you still have the energy to complain about it over and over again. I for one am glad that the rep abuse rule is there because if nothing else at least it gives us grounds to ban people who abuse it on. It's not ideal that the system is a bit cumbersome in terms of looking for the culprits, but it is possible and I did warn a few people based on the investigation into it that I ran. If I find them guilty of the same thing when I do it again, they will be banned. And that's the last thing I'll say in regards to this matter.
low rated
fables22: I for one am glad that the rep abuse rule is there because if nothing else at least it gives us grounds to ban people who abuse it on.
I had no idea you were doing that. I must have missed you saying so. I know it seems like I'm here all the time, but sometimes things slip past me ;) If that's the case, then I apologise. It seemed to me the rule is entirely dead, hence my remarks.
low rated
Well so far I have been threatened with a ban for rep abuse. XD

I'm sure once the menace of my presence here is gone this forum is going to be right as rain. :P
Post edited March 28, 2017 by tinyE
fables22: I for one am glad that the rep abuse rule is there because if nothing else at least it gives us grounds to ban people who abuse it on.
Breja: I had no idea you were doing that. I must have missed you saying so. I know it seems like I'm here all the time, but sometimes things slip past me ;) If that's the case, then I apologise. It seemed to me the rule is entirely dead, hence my remarks.
I'm looking into it, but the current solution I have is not extremely effective. It's better than nothing, though, I think.
fables22: frankly quite mind-boggling to me that you still have the energy to complain about it over and over again.
If there is a will, there is a way.

This rep abuse thing interests me though, does the OP have anything on it?

EDIT: my apologies for asking about OP. The rep abuse thing though shouldn't be acceptable.

Other notes: upon viewing the rules, I will cut the explicatives from my posts.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Gorilla123
Thanks Fables.

For the last week I haven't been downvoted for a change, I figure if I post every day I'll be back to 0 in about 3 years.

When that happens, I'm going to party like it's 2020.
low rated
Kleetus: Thanks Fables.

For the last week I haven't been downvoted for a change, I figure if I post every day I'll be back to 0 in about 3 years.

When that happens, I'm going to party like it's 2020.
Great,
Now how about telling some of your friends to return the favor and stop downvoting me.
tinyE: Now how about telling some of your friends to return the favor and stop downvoting me.
No idea whom you're referring to and I don't have any friends.

Nobody will befriend me because of my rep.
low rated
tinyE: Now how about telling some of your friends to return the favor and stop downvoting me.
Kleetus: No idea whom you're referring to and I don't have any friends.

Yeah, blame that on your rep. XD
low rated
Kleetus: No idea whom you're referring to and I don't have any friends.

I have the same problem as they think it's beneath themselves to converse with me:)