It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
swatkat: edit : Also thanks for reporting and deleting my thread. How kind of you.
I think you have a misconception about what causes thread deletions on this forum. Moderators don't delete threads (or at least I am not aware of that happening); rather, if enough people click on the "report as spam" link that appears after downrepping a post, the post will be deleted. If this happens to the first post in the topic, the entire topic is deleted.

One could argue that this is not a good way of doing things (and I would agree), but this is how the forum works (as of this post).
I just saw both of Fairfox's giveaways had to be closed. That is really depressing, considering they are threads with nothing but light atmosphere, and I felt personally sad because there used to be many giveaways weekly and now the few ones get downvoted so much.

Can't you do anything about the rep abuse? If there was one rule that was broken from day 1, it was that. Just don't change anything, but remove the rep system or remove vote-ability from threads, or ban the users. Are none of those possible?
low rated
Shadowstalker16: I just saw both of Fairfox's giveaways had to be closed. That is really depressing, considering they are threads with nothing but light atmosphere, and I felt personally sad because there used to be many giveaways weekly and now the few ones get downvoted so much.

Can't you do anything about the rep abuse? If there was one rule that was broken from day 1, it was that. Just don't change anything, but remove the rep system or remove vote-ability from threads, or ban the users. Are none of those possible?
What happened? I assumed they were closed because they simply ran their course (I didn't even open them- I refuse to read fairfox's gibberish).
low rated
Shadowstalker16: I just saw both of Fairfox's giveaways had to be closed. That is really depressing, considering they are threads with nothing but light atmosphere, and I felt personally sad because there used to be many giveaways weekly and now the few ones get downvoted so much.

Breja: What happened? I assumed they were closed because they simply ran their course (I didn't even open them- I refuse to read fairfox's gibberish).
She asked that they be closed and it doesn;t look like any of her posts in there are low rated (I'll go back and double check) so I don't know what he is talking about.

Another friend of mine quit today because of rep, swatkatt with his illegal account is untouched, and yet everyone who called him out yesterday for it is low rated, so yes THE REP ABUSE IS A PLAGUE AND A VERY VERY PERTINENT ISSUE, but I gotta think fairfox's GA closing has nothing to do with it.

When she shows up today I'll ask her.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by tinyE
low rated
Breja: What happened? I assumed they were closed because they simply ran their course (I didn't even open them- I refuse to read fairfox's gibberish).
One of her giveaways (I believe the 3rd one) had every post in it get "low rated" because she's on a script and every post of hers gets slammed anyways. She's used to it, but she closed it down because she's upset that "nobody had poor Fairfox's back" (i.e. they didn't upvote her and prevent the low rating). That was just ridiculous, in my opinion. I feel like she's semi-gunsynding it. I don't understand why she didn't just wait. There were no posts in the thread besides hers yet, so if she or somebody else had bumped it so enough people would see, all those posts would likely have swung from low to high within a day or so.

Edit: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/sleazy_eazy_fairfox_freebie_3_dance_faster/post3
Post edited March 27, 2017 by zeogold
low rated
zeogold: One of her giveaways (I believe the 3rd one) had every post in it get "low rated" because she's on a script and every post of hers gets slammed anyways. She's used to it, but she closed it down because she's upset that "nobody had poor Fairfox's back" (i.e. they didn't upvote her and prevent the low rating). That was just ridiculous, in my opinion. I feel like she's semi-gunsynding it. I don't understand why she didn't just wait. There were no posts in the thread besides hers yet, so if she or somebody else had bumped it so enough people would see, all those posts would likely have swung from low to high within a day or so.

Edit: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/sleazy_eazy_fairfox_freebie_3_dance_faster/post3
Who cares anyway? Rep is idiotic and just confuses new people who don't know better and should be removed for clarity's sake, but it's meaningless. People who quit the forum or close their threads because of it are just being childish. Oh no, I'm losing... points! Woe is me! Teh pain! Way to feed the trolls, people. Bravo.
low rated
this is way too depressing

I'm going to go play Emperor.
low rated
tinyE: this is way too depressing

Battle for Dune?
low rated
tinyE: this is way too depressing

Breja: Battle for Dune?
Rise of the Middle Kingdoms
Breja:
zeogold:
because she's on a script (Where do you get these ridiculous idea's from,a cereal box?)

"nobody had poor Fairfox's back" (And the usual backstabbing attack still happens in here by zeogold).
Post edited March 27, 2017 by Tauto
zeogold: One of her giveaways (I believe the 3rd one) had every post in it get "low rated" because she's on a script and every post of hers gets slammed anyways. She's used to it, but she closed it down because she's upset that "nobody had poor Fairfox's back" (i.e. they didn't upvote her and prevent the low rating). That was just ridiculous, in my opinion. I feel like she's semi-gunsynding it. I don't understand why she didn't just wait. There were no posts in the thread besides hers yet, so if she or somebody else had bumped it so enough people would see, all those posts would likely have swung from low to high within a day or so.

Breja: Who cares anyway? Rep is idiotic and just confuses new people who don't know better and should be removed for clarity's sake, but it's meaningless. People who quit the forum or close their threads because of it are just being childish. Oh no, I'm losing... points! Woe is me! Teh pain! Way to feed the trolls, people. Bravo.
It's not about the rep, people.

It's about trying to do something for a community that you care about and then first, people think it's fun to ruin your GA, then having to come to the conclusion that no one from the "nice" part of the community seems to care enough to stand up for you, and then, to make things even more frustrating, being told off publicly and via PM by more "friendly" people who have their opinions at the ready without knowing the ins and outs.
low rated
zeogold: because she's on a script
Nonsense, what do you base this on?
high rated
zeogold: I feel like she's semi-gunsynding it.
Not sure equating the two is going to make her feel any better. I mean yeah, waiting would have probably been the better move. Besides which, some of us ignore giveaways entirely, and it wouldn't be surprising if many have also started to tune out the low-rated-ness of threads. Invoking forum drama of Christmas Past and all of the baggage that entails doesn't seem like a friendly thing to come back to, though.

And it'd be a shame to lose one of the more unique forumers. Personally, I think this place would be poorer without her Rorschach-test-designed-by-lolcats posts. Or at the very least, far more boring.
low rated
227: Personally, I think this place would be poorer without her Rorschach-test-designed-by-lolcats posts. Or at the very least, far more boring.
That's the kind of boredom I would welcome :D I'm sorry, but I can't help but think she's just being an attention courtesan, both with her "special" writing and her dramatic reaction to downvotes.
high rated
Breja: I'm sorry, but I can't help but think she's just being an attention courtesan, both with her "special" writing and her dramatic reaction to downvotes.
Aren't we all to a certain extent? If we didn't want to be engaged or noticed by others, posting here or anywhere else would be little more than screaming random nonsense into the void. I figure she made a game of things because doing so was more interesting than posting normally. Or maybe it's something else.

One of the biggest problems with the forum in general is the number of assumptions people have about other posters. X person is always a troll. Y person is an attention whore. Z person is sanctimonious and looking for cheap ways to feel morally superior to everyone. Then there's no attempt to ever see them any other way from then on. Even if that's not something we can change, though, surely we can at least grit our teeth and ignore the people we can't stand without making them feel unwelcome?

(Except for you and me. We're forum enemies forever. I shall be the pebbles in your shoes. The sand in your eyes. The coughing person sitting next to you on the bus.)