It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
fronzelneekburm: InfoWars thread got axed?

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to InfoWars, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Erpy: Even though you're going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about the closing of the thread, you nevertheless compare the thread's creator to Charlie Hebdo in your new signature. That's...a little inconsistent, n'est ce pas?
n'est ce pas? Does that mean ''two faced'' by any chance?
You don't have to say anything,just a wink or a nod of the head would suffice.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Tauto
low rated
Erpy: Even though you're going ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about the closing of the thread, you nevertheless compare the thread's creator to Charlie Hebdo in your new signature. That's...a little inconsistent, n'est ce pas?
Tauto: n'est ce pas? Does that mean ''two faced'' by any chance?
No, it simply means "isn't it?"
low rated
Tauto: n'est ce pas? Does that mean ''two faced'' by any chance?
Erpy: No, it simply means "isn't it?"
Thankyou for the clarification.
Erpy: you nevertheless compare the thread's creator to Charlie Hebdo in your new signature
This is how things get misconstrued. Comparing people who got butchered over some cartoons to someone who just got their thread closed on a gaming forum would be, to say the very least, asinine.

The overused #jesuiswhatever hashtag is commonly used as a blanket show of solidarity on social media. While I don't care much about the thread itself, I do feel some sympathy for rtcvb32, who obviously put a lot of time and effort into his thread, despite nonstop attacks and downrepping. He never caved in, he never gave up and he went down like a trooper. So why not show a little solidarity?
low rated
"Meet the dapper conspiracy nut who stood up against free speech suppression"
Vainamoinen: "Meet the dapper conspiracy nut who stood up against free speech suppression"
I'll take the conspiracy nut over the gang of would-be schoolyard bullies trying to silence him any day, thank you.
fronzelneekburm: While I don't care much about the thread itself, I do feel some sympathy for rtcvb32, who obviously put a lot of time and effort into his thread, despite nonstop attacks and downrepping.
Same.

What's really concerning is that it seems if enough whiners get together, they can dictate what threads survive.

All this does is empower the whiners, who now feel they can moderate by proxy from their basement.

RT was regularly called names, downvoted and had posts deleted but he was never once rude to anyone.

Unlike the whiners.

Breja: Finally it can be again the good place it once was.
You were one of the main people who derailed the thread, called him names and incessantly complained.

Is that your idea of a "good place", a place where you get to break the rules?
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Kleetus
low rated
Tauto: Whom do I report your conduct too?
http://i.imgur.com/N2aS3.jpg
low rated
fronzelneekburm: While I don't care much about the thread itself, I do feel some sympathy for rtcvb32, who obviously put a lot of time and effort into his thread, despite nonstop attacks and downrepping.
Kleetus: Same.

What's really concerning is that it seems if enough whiners get together, they can dictate what threads survive.

All this does is empower the whiners, who now feel they can moderate by proxy from their basement.

RT was regularly called names, downvoted and had posts deleted but he was never once rude to anyone.

Unlike the whiners.

Breja: Finally it can be again the good place it once was.
Kleetus: You were one of the main people who derailed the thread, called him names and incessantly complained.

Is that your idea of a "good place", a place where you get to break the rules?
Some can,some can't....nno nooo nooo that's wrong it should be lots can,a few can't:)
Post edited March 24, 2017 by Tauto
low rated
fables22: anything it came back to bite me.
Attachments:
zeogold: http://i.imgur.com/N2aS3.jpg
That is very profound.
low rated
Kleetus: What's really concerning is that it seems if enough whiners get together, they can dictate what threads survive.
Fables has literally just stated that this isn't true. The reasons for its closure were given in the post it was closed with.
Kleetus: RT was regularly called names, downvoted and had posts deleted but he was never once rude to anyone.
Your definition of "rude" must be a very strange one.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by zeogold
zeogold: The reasons for its closure were given in the post it was closed with.
The reason was because of the whiners, if they didn't whine do you think it would have been closed?

Those same whiners had no trouble calling RT names, derailing the thread and posting off topic, but hey, that seems to be fine.

zeogold: Your definition of "rude" must be a very strange one.
How was he rude?
low rated
Kleetus: The reason was because of the whiners, if they didn't whine do you think it would have been closed?
Exactly what might be your definition of "whiner"?
Assuming our definitions are similar, then yes, I do believe it would have, given the circumstances.
Kleetus: How was he rude?
My mistake, I misread your post to read "RW" rather than "RT". RT's primary vice wasn't being abrasive (which I can never recall him being), but more his tendency to continue posting for the sake of bumping the thread, never engaging in any more discussion than he could throw a link at. This could be considered rude, especially for a thread that is presumably put in place to encourage discussion to begin with.
Post edited March 24, 2017 by zeogold
high rated
zeogold: Assuming our definitions are similar, then yes, I do believe it would have, given the circumstances.
If nobody complained and everyone ignored it, it wouldn't have been closed and the thread would have died a long time ago on its own.

That's the bottom line, so ultimately it was the whining and complaining that got it closed.

And it was the whiners who would post off topic and derail the thread, repeatedly.

Had they not done that the thread would have died a natural death.

zeogold: This could be considered rude, especially for a thread that is presumably put in place to encourage discussion to begin with.
Oh come on now.

Hardly anyone tried to engage him in discussion; it was mainly call him names, downvote him to oblivion, spam-delete posts, whine about having the thread closed and derailing.