It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I knew the rule.
I was warned for breaking it.
I broke it again.
I got kicked.

It was neither biased or cruel.

I love using the F word but if I can't do it in here then I need to either change or find another place to hang out.

GOG did NOTHING wrong and is doing nothing wrong.
Swearing isn't even in the rules. Surely there was more to it, but I'm not asking.
oh I see it now. 'Language'.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by micktiegs_8
low rated
tinyE: I knew the rule.
I was warned for breaking it.
I broke it again.
I got kicked.

It was neither biased or cruel.

I love using the F word but if I can't do it in here then I need to either change or find another place to hang out.

GOG did NOTHING wrong and is doing nothing wrong.
micktiegs_8: Swearing isn't even in the rules. Surely there was more to it, but I'm not asking.
Actually it is, but yeah there is context. :P Here is the exact post:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/has_anyone_else_just_noticed_the_new_sticky/post56
Post edited March 22, 2017 by tinyE
Telika: There are drawbacks to this discretion. Firstly, it gives people the impression that "nothing happens", that no moderation is taking place. You see some abuse somewhere, you assume that it's deemed okay and that the author is simply taking a breathe before the next abuse. And so, you react to it as to an ungoing, unresolved matter (in a way, "waiting for the second shoe"). Secondly, there is no exemplarity. With general rules, boundaries are tested and defined by practice. And this invisibility means that the testing is being re-made individually every time : nobody knows where exactly are the walls they'd bump on.

This is why, on a different scale, legal judgements are public. They give closure, and they exemplify boundaries. And this is why on many forums, not only bans are explicit (preventing people to pointlessly address absentees) but are given a reason, be it technical ("user banned for post #3586", "user banned by rule C§41 ter") or more sarcastic (the personalized penny arcade notifications are hilarious, echoing the offense and/or the user signature, while still giving a precise idea of what is not acceptable).

It's a domain where transparency (clarification of what is going on where why how) can snowball for the better. Partly because the forum is bigger than the four or five users that can be "schooled" separately, and, thus, would benefit from indirect moderation of practical exemplarity.

You would avoid forumgoers (old and new) re-discovering one by one what these rules intend to mean, and you would prevent wrong assumptions on "what" is moderated or not, "who" is moderated or not, etc.
I am in agreement with all of this.
tinyE: snip....
Oh come on, we want to know the juicy stuff :o)

How was life in the GOG jail? Were your inmates pleasant? Do they serve vodka with the meals? Can you play videogames on the TV of your cell? Did they torture you by making you play Jack Keane 2 repeatdly? Were you able to find the hidden dungeon where they've been keeping our dear EnigmaticT for years?
low rated
tinyE: snip....
catpower1980: Oh come on, we want to know the juicy stuff :o)

How was life in the GOG jail? Were your inmates pleasant? Do they serve vodka with the meals? Can you play videogames on the TV of your cell? Did they torture you by making you play Jack Keane 2 repeatdly? Were you able to find the hidden dungeon where they've been keeping our dear EnigmaticT for years?
The cavity searches were great!

Judas has a very gentle hand.
low rated
Now, about those obscenity rules.
low rated
Vainamoinen: Now, about those obscenity rules.
I was told I could say pretty much everything but the F word, but there is of course context that applies.

"Shit, this game is hard!" and "This save system is Bullshit!" is okay.

Being more belligerent, and/or using it to describe another forum member is not so much okay.
Vainamoinen: Now, about those obscenity rules.
tinyE: I was told I could say pretty much everything but the F word, but there is of course context that applies.
"The F word"? Is this what it has come to?

Gosh darn it to heck!

*sigh* I long for the good old days where people could swear whilst still communicating in a civil manner.

WARNING! HERE FOLLOWS A LINK TO AN OLD POST OF MINE CONTAINING "THE F WORD": https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/im_not_going_to_lie/post33
tinyE: I was told I could say pretty much everything but the F word
Being from the US, you should know a shitload of "family friendly" alternatives for the F word. I mean... EVERYONE in the US seems to love tthe F word. But since it's considered a really REALLY BAD word, you made up stuff like @#&!, fudge, frack, frick, feck, effin, flippin, ...

You guys seem to have a very complicated love-hate relationship with your F word. I remember Fairfox saying something as "I don't like it when people say the F word on a public place like a forum", yet I saw her using alternative F words that mean the F word but aren't the actual F word. Le fuq? How does the F word become nicer just because you're misspelling it? When you say F it is F, no matter how you write it.
tinyE: I was told I could say pretty much everything but the F word, but there is of course context that applies.
Nah. Watch this.

Fuck fucking fuckers!

See? is ok.

Just don't do it in thread titles or they'll have to bring judas and his euphenisms back.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by WBGhiro
WBGhiro: Nah. Watch this.

Fuck fucking fuckers!

See? is ok.

Just don't do it in thread titles or they'll have to bring judas and his euphenisms back.
Hey!
WBGhiro: Nah. Watch this.

Fuck, fucking fuckers!

See? is ok.
No, it's not ok. You missed a comma. FTFY
low rated
This is going swimmingly. :P
fables22: Hey!
I see.

Guess I'll casually mention the renowned airplane manufacter Fokker a lot more in conversations now.

Hope it doesn't break the ad rule.
real.geizterfahr: I mean... EVERYONE in the US seems to love tthe F word.
No shit ?