It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
mistermumbles: I still think the rep system needs to be nuked from orbit. So much grief over something so trivial.
It's not the rep,it's the spam and delete of posts and threads.
Rules are fantastic, I've seen a marked change in the forum already, Its a little less angry. I do support a different type of rep system... maybe one based off forum posts vs replys. Newcomers to the forums might see the numbers and stars and attribute the wrong idea towards posters.. or treat some with -1000 rep as a person to ignore and not listen too.

also random thought, I would love to see the GOG Staff Wishlists included with there avatar like some of ours is.
fables22: Hey everyone,
What a better way to get to know someone then to view their wish list ^_^
Post edited March 21, 2017 by Starkrun
low rated
Starkrun: Newcomers to the forums might see the numbers and stars and attribute the wrong idea towards posters.. or treat some with -1000 rep as a person to ignore and not listen too.
Thanks, I often get rep discrimination.
Oh good, so the PC police got their way and can finally turn the GOG forum into a nice, safe space.

I'll be keeping an eye on things for a while, but this is always a slippery slope and will likely end in a mess, I don't know if this will be a forum for me anymore...
Post edited March 21, 2017 by ReynardFox
low rated
Have you considered the possibility that maybe it's not so much some fictional "political correctness cartel" that's been manipulating events, but rather GOG itself who decided they wanted a less tense environment on their forums?

Dismiss the notion that the forums exist as any member's personal soapbox for a moment and consider what benefit any for-profit company would see in maintaining a community whose atmosphere is considered volatile. I can give a business argument why a less hostile forum is attractive for a company. Can you do the same for a community with looser rather than stricter moderation?
Starkrun: also random thought, I would love to see the GOG Staff Wishlists included with there avatar like some of ours is.
Technically, GOG employees don't really need games-to-buy wishlists as they already have a free acces to the whole catalog, it's a part of the "GOG Package" for all employees:

https://www.gog.com/work
"Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games."
low rated
Erpy: Have you considered the possibility that maybe it's not so much some fictional "political correctness cartel" that's been manipulating events,
No! No, it's the PC police! They are real! Why else would we not be allowed to use racial slurrs and advocate violent attacks on children! Only the PC police could ruin the forum like that!

Seriously, one of (many) good things about the new rules and moderation is that many people's reaction to them helped me realise what kind of people we're really dealing with here.
Breja: No! No, it's the PC police! They are real!
Does the PC police arrest console peasants? :P
Post edited March 21, 2017 by phaolo
low rated
Breja: No! No, it's the PC police! They are real!
phaolo: Does the PC police arrest the console peasants? :P
I certainly hope so. I've been hearing way more about Nintendo and Zelda and whatever lately then any sane man should.
catpower1980: Technically, GOG employees don't really need games-to-buy wishlists as they already have a free access to the whole catalog, it's a part of the "GOG Package" for all employees:
Thats pretty cool... I wouldn't even know where to begin ^_^ But that would let me test the games and find issues super quick... i would put an optional survey for computer hardware out there and use that to generate a dozen builds of the most common setups for testing and just watch the forum like a hawk for issues and then gather data for the dev team to fix issues ^_^

well if i was a tester for gog that is :)
Post edited March 21, 2017 by Starkrun
Breja: No! No, it's the PC police! They are real! Why else would we not be allowed to use racial slurrs and advocate violent attacks on children! Only the PC police could ruin the forum like that!
Is this really necessary? Fables has done a pretty decent job thus far, but not everyone has seen that yet, so automatically treating wariness like it's code for something horrible that speaks to that person's character seems needlessly antagonistic. Some people need time before they'll trust that the rules will be enforced in a way that doesn't strangle the life out of the forum and force a consensus that pushes out unpopular thoughts.
low rated
nvm

I don't want to make things any worse
Post edited March 21, 2017 by Breja
Breja: When someone says that when posting death threats and nazi manifestos was the norm this was a forum "for them" and now that there are rules to prevent that they no longer know if this is a forum for them... I find drawing certain conclusions about such persons sort of inevitable. I will be more than glad to discover I'm wrong.
I've just got extremely thick skin and don't give any mind nor attention to obvious troll behaviour and impotent internet threats, I just move on to a more productive thread. But really in the current social climate where people are so quick to take offense and throw terms like hate speech around so much that they lose all meaning, coupled with the vague definitions I've seen in discussions, I'm just highly skeptical of the possibility of balanced, unbiased moderation.
low rated
Breja: When someone says that when posting death threats and nazi manifestos was the norm this was a forum "for them" and now that there are rules to prevent that they no longer know if this is a forum for them... I find drawing certain conclusions about such persons sort of inevitable. I will be more than glad to discover I'm wrong.
ReynardFox: I'm just highly skeptical of the possibility of balanced, unbiased moderation.
So far in here it's been balanced.
Breja: I don't want to make things any worse
There was a post here and I didn't get to read it. Whatever it was, I'm going to assume that it ended with you challenging me to fisticuffs. We are now mortal enemies forever and ever.