It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Goat Sim is a great game
^ BANNED
Post edited March 15, 2017 by phaolo
low rated
tinyE: Goat Sim is a great game
phaolo: ^ BANNED
FINE!
I don't want to be part of a forum that doesn't appreciate the profound genius of Goat Sim! :D

Sure, you all go off and play your Alpha Centauri! Juvenile Crap!
fables22: I'm going to pretend that I didn't see this.... :)
I'd say "Well, get Goat Simulator on GOG then!" :) ... but TinyE and I just bought it last week on Steam having waited 2 years for a GOG release. We could wait no more to let our Goat out! :P

It would be nice if the game had Galaxy multi-goater mode though.
fables22: I'm going to pretend that I didn't see this.... :)
skeletonbow: I'd say "Well, get Goat Simulator on GOG then!" :) ... but TinyE and I just bought it last week on Steam having waited 2 years for a GOG release. We could wait no more to let our Goat out! :P

It would be nice if the game had Galaxy multi-goater mode though.
LOL.
Darvond: I'd like a clarification on a few of the rules.

On the matter of pirated content, what if the company relating to said software is long dead?
Copyright law under the Berne convention gives the owner of the creative work exclusive rights by default, and gives anyone else no rights. This means that if someone is not the owner of a copyrighted work - they never ever gain any rights to use that work implicitly regardless of whether there is a known owner of the work or not. The only time one gains rights to utilize a copyrighted work is when the owner of that work grants explicit permission in writing that is considered legally binding, or if the copyright actually expires more or less.

That's it in a nutshell, but if anyone is in a position where they need to know with absolute certainty about a specific copyright related issue, they should directly contact an IP attourney.

The concept of "abandonware" has no official definition really, and no valid legal concept per se either. :)
Bookwyrm627: It just occurred to me that perhaps the "unreleased game content" clause is a nod toward things like the Hot Coffee mod. The placement of that line makes more sense when viewed in that context.
Except the problem wasn't that it it was some leftover that was later discovered, but rather something fully implemented that was commented out that was then discovered by the ESRB after the game was released.
Darvond: I'd like a clarification on a few of the rules.

On the matter of pirated content, what if the company relating to said software is long dead?
skeletonbow: Copyright law under the Berne convention gives the owner of the creative work exclusive rights by default, and gives anyone else no rights. This means that if someone is not the owner of a copyrighted work - they never ever gain any rights to use that work implicitly regardless of whether there is a known owner of the work or not. The only time one gains rights to utilize a copyrighted work is when the owner of that work grants explicit permission in writing that is considered legally binding, or if the copyright actually expires more or less.

That's it in a nutshell, but if anyone is in a position where they need to know with absolute certainty about a specific copyright related issue, they should directly contact an IP attourney.

The concept of "abandonware" has no official definition really, and no valid legal concept per se either. :)
That's better an explanation and justification than the poster up there who has a hardline position on copyright for some reason.
Darvond: "Posting cheats, hacks, game exploits, and game spoilers - unless you clearly note that this is what your post is about at the top of it.", does this apply retroactively?
real.geizterfahr: Nope. None of the rules apply retroactively. This is bad when it comes to our scammer brigade who turned the forums to shit with their alt armies. This is bad when it comes to comments about "subhuman scum" that some ... "users" posted in the past. But it's good for rules like that one! You shouldn't be banned for posting

ATTENTION! I'M GOING TO POST A CHEAT NOW!

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

NO MORE CHEATS FROM THIS POINT ON!

in the past.
That's good. I one day asked for help on Uru and didn't exactly mark up the puzzle spoilers. (Admittedly, when it comes to Myst, I say better an open solution than starting into it while slowly growing insane because the moon logic involved.
Post edited March 16, 2017 by Darvond
fables22: Hey everyone,

As already hinted on the forum, we've updated our forum rules - see the updated version here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct.

Please take the time to read the rules and familiarize yourselves with them before posting on the forum. For the majority of you, I believe nothing will change in terms of what and how you post
Hello, Fables.

Given the following rule:
Using a third party’s intellectual property (full or partial scans of articles, books, full transcriptions of articles, etc.) unless you have permission to do so.
Could you please clarify whether the Missing Manuals thread and related GOGMix by Treasure are OK?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_missing_manuals_and_where_to_find_them/page1
skeletonbow:
fables22:
Can you tell people or explain to people that if they don't like a thread then stay out of it.Getting a bit sick and tired of the people whinging and complaining about RTCVB32's threads.They are only going in there to troll.Do they walk past a newsagent's shop and complain to the owner that they don't like seeing THAT magazine? No,they don't because they don't have the stomach.In all seriousness this is a weak version of harassment and I would love to see them warned or the very least addressed and told to move on and if they persist then a warning.Thankyou.

And I know that if I have a go at them it will be reported as trolling so please do something about it.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/it_is_time_to_pay_attention_infowars
Post edited March 17, 2017 by Tauto
fables22: Hey everyone,

As already hinted on the forum, we've updated our forum rules - see the updated version here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct.

Please take the time to read the rules and familiarize yourselves with them before posting on the forum. For the majority of you, I believe nothing will change in terms of what and how you post
ZFR: Hello, Fables.

Given the following rule:

Using a third party’s intellectual property (full or partial scans of articles, books, full transcriptions of articles, etc.) unless you have permission to do so.
ZFR: Could you please clarify whether the Missing Manuals thread and related GOGMix by Treasure are OK?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_missing_manuals_and_where_to_find_them/page1
Ok for now, but will double check this with the lawyers.
low rated
fables22:
Tauto: Can you tell people or explain to people that if they don't like a thread then stay out of it.Getting a bit sick and tired of the people whinging and complaining about RTCVB32's threads.They are only going in there to troll.Do they walk past a newsagent's shop and complain to the owner that they don't like seeing THAT magazine? No,they don't because they don't have the balls.In all seriousness this is a weak version of harassment and I would love to see them warned or the very least addressed and told to move on and if they persist then a warning.Thankyou.

And I know that if I have a go at them it will be reported as trolling so please do something about it.

This is not exactly how libel works.
low rated
fables22: Ok for now, but will double check this with the lawyers.
Aaah while you're at it. I have that question about

WE WON'T TOLERATE Posting something that is knowingly false.
because oh noes. What about my propaganda.

Ah wait, I have an idea. Say, if I don't post, myself, knowingly false fake news, but if I just link to them, without much comment except maybe occasionally stating that it's interesting or cool. That's not "posting something that is knowingly false", right ? I mean, I didn't type it myself. And maybe I don't know that it's knowingly false, so, I'm the victim here, not the manipulator. Is that okay ?

I could make and regularly fill a full thread with that. We cool ?
Post edited March 17, 2017 by Telika
low rated
deleted
low rated
Tauto: Can you tell people or explain to people that if they don't like a thread then stay out of it.Getting a bit sick and tired of the people whinging and complaining about RTCVB32's threads.They are only going in there to troll.Do they walk past a newsagent's shop and complain to the owner that they don't like seeing THAT magazine? No,they don't because they don't have the stomach.In all seriousness this is a weak version of harassment and I would love to see them warned or the very least addressed and told to move on and if they persist then a warning.Thankyou.

Telika: This is not exactly how libel works.
Yeah,thanks fables.
Post edited March 17, 2017 by Tauto
Fairfox: I don't has any balls. I lits. don't has any balls. I can live with taht; I really, really can...
This is why I love you lol
I still think the rep system needs to be nuked from orbit. So much grief over something so trivial.