It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

micktiegs_8: Probably a memory of the old rules. Something about if we do something rule breaking and make ourselves intentionally unreachable for staff etc...
Wishbone: I should hope that the GOG staff can PM anyone, available or not.
Well see, we have emails attached to our accounts; and the rules clearly say speaking with ANY member of staff in any way is considered official correspondence.
Wishbone: I should hope that the GOG staff can PM anyone, available or not.
micktiegs_8: Well see, we have emails attached to our accounts; and the rules clearly say speaking with ANY member of staff in any way is considered official correspondence.
Their chat isn't authoritative.

In event of a crime there's little to verify the user on the other end & is easy to break so it could be hard for GOG to claim someone received a notification since they can't verify receipt.

Email leaves a bigger track but applying a false e-mail address would make one "not available".
micktiegs_8: So is there a point to using the readily available function of making ourselves unreachable through PMs? If people have to set themselves as publicly available all the time, shouldn't the option be removed?

edit: regarding what's been said, just an echo. Posting unreleased game content is allowed if the NDA is passed date, non-existent, or broken by others. However, I'm guessing this is referring to people data-mining the catalogue entries and API.

Bumping threads is necessary in some cases. Very helpful cases.

What's considered off-topic should really be up to the OP of said thread. I never used to mind a little derailing from TinyE back in the day. TinyE is definitely not the only person who immediately derailed threads in the past either. On that note - what about threads that essentially nonsense to begin with? Threads that beg for random discussion?
fables22: What makes you think that people have to set themselves as publicly available?
What about people that had a namechange? Can't get to their chat unless you know the old name.
low rated
Kleetus: Anyway, if you like we can exchange emails and socially interact?

Let me know via chat.
zeogold: An impressive shift. Your forgiveness is admirable.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rules_threads_all_that_jazz/post457
He friend request me. If I decline he immediately does it again.
If I accept, he immediately unfriends me and then requests me again.

Anything to keep pestering me, and GOG is well aware of it and has asked me to let them know if he keeps it up.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by tinyE
zeogold: An impressive shift. Your forgiveness is admirable.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rules_threads_all_that_jazz/post457
tinyE: He friend request me. If I decline he immediately does it again.

Anything to keep pestering me, and GOG is well aware of it and has asked me to let them know if he keeps it up.
See I can't speak for you but to me that's pushing the limits of what GOG can allow.

To my point of view the forums are equivalent, in ever manner, to a store's aisles. As such they hold the responsibility of seeing to consumer safety which includes harassment. It's the same as someone following you around Walmart (or whatever your regional big box store is) insulting you.

I pointed out to Fables that allowing people to follow others around the forum directing insulting messages or other action that are repetitive & designed to by intimidating likely violates GOG's head office operating standards as defined by the Cyprus Consumer Protection act.

Specifically:
"The Consumer Right to Safety
The right to be protected against products, production processes and services which are hazardous to health and life. It includes concern for consumer's ling-term as well as their immediate requirements."

I'd define the forums as both a production process (since many of their products don't actually work as advertised with out information gleaned from the forums) and a service (which the forums clearly are & probably an optional one).

The official stance of bullying in Canada is to contact police. However since there's been no death threats to my knowledge it's pretty un-actionable. If they were based in Canada there'd be several organizations I could approach instead in this case.

That said I have no idea what GOG's procedures & policies manual reads like & I'm also dubious about the amount of control the head office (if it's still in Cypurs which would be easy to check) has on the office we seem to interface with: the Polish office.

The Polish consumer acts seem more based around the initiation, continuation & termination of contracts. That is... buying & selling.
I couldn't find anything about store safety in English. Their consumer laws seem... well... lax.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by JunglePredator
low rated
tinyE: He friend request me. If I decline he immediately does it again.

JunglePredator: See I can't speak for you but to me that's pushing the limits of what GOG can allow.
They aren't allowing it.

Anymore.
JunglePredator: See I can't speak for you but to me that's pushing the limits of what GOG can allow.
tinyE: They aren't allowing it.

Anymore.
Ah. You made it sound like it was still on going.
Great, now scammer's alts are showing up to report other users.. -_-'
low rated
phaolo: Great, now scammer's alts are showing up to report other users.. -_-'
Did you get a notification?
fables22: What makes you think that people have to set themselves as publicly available?
I'll ask again, does the new ruleset mean that swearing is not allowed? Or that there are specific limits. Not a huge deal either way, but I want to know before I go typing something and get banned for it.
low rated
paladin181: I'll ask again, does the new ruleset mean that swearing is not allowed? Or that there are specific limits. Not a huge deal either way, but I want to know before I go typing something and get banned for it.
I immediately PMd her when this came up and it seems to be a flexible rule, as any rule related to vocabulary should be.

I can't speak for what GOG will ultimately do, but I don't think anyone is going to get nailed for "Well shit, no release today." or "Damn, I suck at this game."

On the other hand, replying to a post you don't like with, "Fuck off you cock sucking motherfucking piece of shit!" will probably, at the very least, get you a warning. :P
Post edited March 11, 2017 by tinyE
phaolo: Great, now scammer's alts are showing up to report other users.. -_-'
tinyE: Did you get a notification?
Eh? Just look at this thread..
low rated
tinyE: Did you get a notification?
phaolo: Eh? Just look at this thread..
Oh, you mean the derepping? Yeah, I really don't care about that anymore.
phaolo: Eh? Just look at this thread..
tinyE: Oh, you mean the derepping? Yeah, I really don't care about that anymore.
No.. I meant those infamous users that suddenly showed up here to accuse other goggers.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by phaolo
low rated
paladin181:
tinyE:
Reported.