It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Becoming a slightly different beast.

<span class="bold">Armello</span>, the digital tabletop/role-playing/strategy game, has now been updated and renamed to Armello - DRM Free Edition. It includes the latest fixes and updates, plus all these lovely animals who will eagerly stab each other with pointy things in order to become rulers of the land. Oh, and it's 25% off for six days!

This edition is a complete strategic experience and will keep receiving updates that are unrelated to DLCs or online features.

Here's what League of Geeks have to say about it (full version <span class="bold">here</span>):

"We want to ensure that whatever platforms Armello is on, we're providing the best experience that we possibly can. As Armello moves more and more into online services (like Steam inventory and more multiplayer features) and as we begin to roll out our plans for DLC, we've been working closely with GOG on an edition of Armello specific to GOG. [..]
We've had fantastic meetings with GOG about the future of Armello on the platform and although there's no way for us to provide DLC for DRM-Free users or to attempt to retain parity with the Steam version of Armello, Armello DRM-Free Edition will see features that best suit a DRM Free experience. [...]."

Get ready to join this new era of colorful animosity with <span class="bold">Armello DRM-Free Edition</span>, exclusively on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until September 5, 9:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4e5s28x7Ps
Post edited August 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
abrahel: I've requested a refund, explaining the reason was having a product that turned out to be inferior, and it was granted by GOG. On my GOG wallet instead of a cash refund, but that is good enough as I'm still planning to buy many games from this store.

It's the very first time in my life that I'm asking for a refund. Heck, I didn't even ask one for No Man's Sky ;-)
Djaron: Good for you and expectedly decent behavior from GOG as well, who has to cope with the consequences of someone else's fault.

Me ? I intend to keep using the previous version of armello i purchased here but i dont give a damn about LoG, their PR craps, or any of their future product either.
I wont get the "Armello version carefully rebranded and crippled for us only, with love XOXO" at all and keep my installer files of the pre"Armello DRM-free version" (which, surprisingly, was drm free TOO before this new version was released... sorry for the sarcasm)

I wont ask a refund, i'd rather KEEP the game in my library as a battle scar to remember the dirty move of LoG and never forget, and raise a more vigilant and defiant mind for future.

Also: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/add/games

For me the ONLY acceptable resolution of this issue would not have been GOG having to REFUND us who ask, but LoG to spontaneously provide a armello steam key to EVERY GOG customers who purchased the previous version here, and not having GOG to endure this cost all alone.
They didnt do that, they just hurled shit at the fan and ran away with maniacal laughter ? ok, fine... They will be remembered.

on some forums i see people who intended to get it on steam (cause they are not that much concerned about the drm free credo) but as fellow consumers, they just gave up getting the game anyway because of LoG move

Be aware, steama users, tomorrow, you could be in our seat and shoes when developpers will favor win10 store versions and won't get bothered anymore aboutsteam version of their games. Join our fight, we are all customers and gamers.
I got a refund too and now I will get my

https://www.gog.com/game/divinity_original_sin_2

Larian deserves my money not LoG
Djaron: For me the ONLY acceptable resolution of this issue would not have been GOG having to REFUND us who ask, but LoG to spontaneously provide a armello steam key to EVERY GOG customers
I disagree. As I said, GOG should not be in the business of providing Steam keys, no matter the situation. They are a DRM free store, and supporting a DRM infected store in any way is not good. Also, your post reads like an open letter, or a sensational crap article. That type of approach doesn't do anybody any good, IMO.
@Djaron: Hi, Djaron. But when I wrote about refund it is in order to obtain the money and quickly pay for other game in GOG store , I mean, like you said is not GOG fault, I like the catalog and their ways. But with the circumstances of League of Geeks, so confident in Steam version and disrespectful with GOG gamers (not with GOG gamers money, indeed...) , I think those devs. are not very reliable.

I agreed with your opinion, this incident give us more, hmmm... customer-wisdom!

@Skysect: Good choice, Skysect, I´m waiting that game too! People of Larian Studios is incredible proffesional and are crazy xD
Post edited September 02, 2016 by Hierosclito
high rated
Djaron: For me the ONLY acceptable resolution of this issue would not have been GOG having to REFUND us who ask, but LoG to spontaneously provide a armello steam key to EVERY GOG customers
barleyguy: I disagree. As I said, GOG should not be in the business of providing Steam keys, no matter the situation. They are a DRM free store, and supporting a DRM infected store in any way is not good. Also, your post reads like an open letter, or a sensational crap article. That type of approach doesn't do anybody any good, IMO.
i agree with you... please read back what i was saying: "LoG to provide steam keys to GOG customers" and "leave GOG away from cleaning this mess on their own"

Sorry for sounding "web tabloid" to you... I'm very dissapointed and furious at the moment about both the move and attitude of LoG (i mean, dropping support is one thing, blatant PR hyppocrite words is too much to add to the mess already)
Apologizes for not being able to give up, remaining silent and being happy with getting cheated by a dev studio as a customer... It may be easy for you to just dismiss any customer rights and principle for the sake of dignity...

And i could say back to you that letting people get away with their mess against you in dignified silence is just encouraging others to do the same without risk.
Hierosclito: @Djaron: Hi, Djaron. But when I wrote about refund it is in order to obtain the money and quickly pay for other game in GOG store , I mean, like you said is not GOG fault, I like the catalog and their ways. But with the circumstances of League of Geeks, so confident in Steam version and disrespectful with GOG gamers (not with GOG gamers money, indeed...) , I think those devs. are not very reliable.

I agreed with your opinion, this incident give us more, hmmm... customer-wisdom!

@Skysect: Good choice, Skysect, I´m waiting that game too! People of Larian Studios is incredible proffesional and are crazy xD
i perfectly understand you folks who ask refund... i do not condamn that at all. You have right to do so, GOG is legally bound to do it even though they are as much a victim as we are here because of just that (dealing alone with the refund)

indeed those devs are clearly not reliable; the way they speak is clearly shady and not very honnest at all.

i just choose not to ask a refund because i dont want to hinder GOG with something they are not at fault with, as a memento of this mess and also one thing: once refunded, you are out of the conflict and the disagreement. I am a rather heated and passionate persone, so refusing refund somehow helps me keeping the right of displaying my customer wrath :) it's a fair compensation for the prejudice...
Post edited September 02, 2016 by Djaron
@Djaron: I understand your point, very respectable that position, comrade. Thank you very much for the explanation, Djaron!
Good night :)
that's why i often refer to myself as a Bastard French Gamer.. you're welcome :)

Also, indeed, Divine Divinity original sin is a rather good choice...

btw for you folks who would be interested into "classical" (*) boardgames playable online on multiplayer without drm and for free, i happen to now that one site that... ahem, sorry... ask me if you wanna know about it.

(*) i mean it as ports of real/IRL physical boardgames, where games like Armello was not simply a classical boardgame ported into a digital medium, it rather used mechanisms and functions that would be very tedious if not impossible to implement into a physical boardgame. That is also what Armello represented in my eyes: a clever way to merge board game culture with power granted by digital media. (i know there is gremlin inc. too, but after what i saw the devs spokeperson saying about DRM-Free customers/communauty like GOG's, sorry, i'll just pretend i didnt see them at all, thanx)
Irenicus73: Useful information.
Thanks for sharing this. Then it means that the theory (which seemed to be possible) some GOG users discussed about "having different sets of heroes due to DLC could break multiplayer" seems to not be the case :(.

At least the good thing left about this game is that demonstrate than the GOG community can be united under a single banner.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by blackbishop86
high rated
Well, I definitely will avoid these devs in the future. Not impressed.
The forum is being difficult about letting me post a link, but if you go on the game's subreddit (/r/armello), there's someone there that's kicked up one hell of a fuss about all of it. Feel kinda sorry for them, looks like trying to explain to Steam players about why this is a problem is like pulling teeth. since they basically all but refuse to get it. But at least someone's kicking up a fuss right in front of the other players and the devs. Time to send in the backup?
Post edited September 02, 2016 by ElyTheGuin
high rated
GOG.com: We've had fantastic meetings with GOG about the future of Armello on the platform and although there's no way for us to provide DLC for DRM-Free users or to attempt to retain parity with the Steam version of Armello, Armello DRM-Free Edition will see features that best suit a DRM Free experience. [...]."
I would have felt extremely cheated if I had purchased this game previous to this so called "good news" announcement. Now I know to never even consider purchasing any League of Geeks games in the future. I feel like I can't even trust purchasing any new games at GOG upon release in the future lest a similar "bait & switch" situation happen. I suggest GOG not carry purposely feature limited games in the future, you probably don't want to be known as Gimped Old Games. I have trouble understanding why GOG is allowing publishers to ruin GOG's reputation. I doubt I'll be making any purchases in the foreseeable future...
ElyTheGuin: The forum is being difficult about letting me post a link, but if you go on the game's subreddit (/r/armello), there's someone there that's kicked up one hell of a fuss about all of it. Feel kinda sorry for them, looks like trying to explain to Steam players about why this is a problem is like pulling teeth. since they basically all but refuse to get it. But at least someone's kicking up a fuss right in front of the other players and the devs. Time to send in the backup?
This guy isn't doing himself any favors with his responses:

Someone: "Just get it on Steam"
He: "This is exactly the kind of half-baked response I expected from Steam players when I put this up, because, of course, you worship Steam", "you continue to be all high and mighty about how wonderful Steam". And on and on implying he said stuff which he never said. He only said 5 words...
ElyTheGuin: The forum is being difficult about letting me post a link, but if you go on the game's subreddit (/r/armello), there's someone there that's kicked up one hell of a fuss about all of it. Feel kinda sorry for them, looks like trying to explain to Steam players about why this is a problem is like pulling teeth. since they basically all but refuse to get it. But at least someone's kicking up a fuss right in front of the other players and the devs. Time to send in the backup?
Pheace: This guy isn't doing himself any favors with his responses:

Someone: "Just get it on Steam"
He: "This is exactly the kind of half-baked response I expected from Steam players when I put this up, because, of course, you worship Steam", "you continue to be all high and mighty about how wonderful Steam". And on and on implying he said stuff which he never said. He only said 5 words...
No argument, but we are dealing with someone who went out of their way to make an account JUST for that purpose... clearly they must be really pissed and kinda unreasonable, and wanted to be anonymous for whatever reason. Hell, I haven't even bought the game yet, and I'm ticked off about this myself, because I've been trying to find a way to get it for the last year.

Still, for a little personal insight: where I come from, there's a mantra of "if you don't like it, then leave" that is always given in response to any legitimate complaints anyone here has about how bad things are (and they can be really awful). To me, "just get it on Steam" sounds a lot like "if you don't like it, just leave" in some ways (mostly in that both are LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU sorts of reactions that tend to piss people off), so I can't really blame an explosive response to such a statement. That's not necessarily to defend that kind of reaction, just that I can understand where he's coming from, in a way.

Seems a little overly aggressive, perhaps, but mostly I just thought someone here would find that, uh, interesting I guess? Idk.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by ElyTheGuin
high rated
mistermumbles: Make it a trinity with PC Gamer. ;)
Not anymore

Disclaimer: not a fan of them, but decent article this time.
mistermumbles: Make it a trinity with PC Gamer. ;)
HypersomniacLive: Not anymore

Disclaimer: not a fan of them, but decent article this time.
Surprisingly they were always bad . Released DRM-free version nearly 1 or 2 months after Steam release . Updates were always came late to GOG , after 1 months delay on here too . And they were saying Steam is our test platform . If there is no problem we are releasing it on GOG too . And now they are saying GOG is not our main priority and no way to release DLCs on there . Their approach to the GOG player's never good and you can't wait success with bad behaviour . It's very very natural consequence . Also it's very funny if they can't see that .