I have the AMD VISION control center 12.3 and I just did this to disable catalyst AI....1. In CCC set up your AA & AF settings, make sure that Catalyst AI is set to "High Quality", and make sure that the "Enable Surface Format Optimization" check box is unchecked before continuing. also I shutdown mom exe using ctrl alt delete in my task manger under process
2. Search for a file named 'Profiles.xml'. Mine was located here:
3. Right click on the file once the search is done and select "Edit".
4. Find 'CatalystAI' and change Enable to Disable
5. Now run the MOM.exe file. Mine was located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
6. Restart your PC and you should be set.
Now you can use the latest drivers and CCC and disable Catalyst AI.
before I did this sikmod would freeze when loading, now I can play.
I didn't change any registries and make sure you have your folder settings set to "see hidden folders and files" this is in the control panel under appearance.
Post edited March 21, 2012 by Whitewraith