It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rtcvb32: Workarounds are NEVER done/supported by the original distributor/author.
dtgreene: Not entirely true. Sometimes, when a piece of software (or hardware!) has a bug, and that bug hasn't been fixed, the original distributor does suggest a workaround.

For example, when there is a security flaw that hasn't been patched, sometimes there is a way to mitigate or eliminate the danger. For example, when Heartbleed was a threat, the risk could be eliminated by recompiling OpenSSL without TLS heartbeat support (which happens to be easy for the end user to do on Gentoo GNU/Linux, but not so easy on other distributions).

Another example: I mentioned hardware. Well, sure enough, there are plenty of errata issued for modern CPUs; quite often, a kernel will need to add extra code to work around such issues. One famous example was the Pentium FDIV flaw; certain division operations would give incorrect results.
Maybe i should have said commercial or proprietary products. OpenSSL and Linux (or open source/free software) where you actually could fix it yourself or compile and fix offending sections and improve the software isn't really what I'd qualify towards my statement.

Although a company that does acknowledging a problem exists isn't the same as supporting it. Wasn't there a recent cease & desist sent out for a large game (Dark Souls 2 maybe?) where a workaround was censored out by the devs?
dtgreene: Not entirely true. Sometimes, when a piece of software (or hardware!) has a bug, and that bug hasn't been fixed, the original distributor does suggest a workaround.

For example, when there is a security flaw that hasn't been patched, sometimes there is a way to mitigate or eliminate the danger. For example, when Heartbleed was a threat, the risk could be eliminated by recompiling OpenSSL without TLS heartbeat support (which happens to be easy for the end user to do on Gentoo GNU/Linux, but not so easy on other distributions).

Another example: I mentioned hardware. Well, sure enough, there are plenty of errata issued for modern CPUs; quite often, a kernel will need to add extra code to work around such issues. One famous example was the Pentium FDIV flaw; certain division operations would give incorrect results.
rtcvb32: Maybe i should have said commercial or proprietary products. OpenSSL and Linux (or open source/free software) where you actually could fix it yourself or compile and fix offending sections and improve the software isn't really what I'd qualify towards my statement.

Although a company that does acknowledging a problem exists isn't the same as supporting it. Wasn't there a recent cease & desist sent out for a large game (Dark Souls 2 maybe?) where a workaround was censored out by the devs?
Intel CPUs count as commercial and proprietary, as do ARM CPUs, and yet there's tons of errata issued for them.

Also, Microsoft even publishes workarounds for issues sometimes. For example:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn764773.aspx
dtgreene: Intel CPUs count as commercial and proprietary, as do ARM CPUs, and yet there's tons of errata issued for them.
Isn't that to be expected? Afterall if you can't program it, it's useless...