It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Saemon11: I have a few suggestions that would make gog.com a webstore that meets modern standards:

- game library should by default randomly shuffle all games to keep things interesting, having all my games sorted alphabeticaly or by purchase date is boring and makes no sense. (gog already experimented in the past with this feature, unfortunately it wasn't implemented permanently)

- all thumbnails should be actualy tiny 4K videos that autoplay simultaneously, because I never get a chance to waste all my Gigabytes on my budget LTE plan.

- Im also enjoying those new huge banners with zoom in effect, they should zoom in faster, harder, scooter, and cover all my screen.

- news section should be removed completely so users don't get lazy and actualy dumpster dive into this website and browse for hours in game's catalog to find interesting deals and discover new hidden gems.

- only way to purchase games should be possible only by entering codes from 100$ prepaid cards (it doesn't hurt sony with their PSN so why not do it on gog, its more convenient this way, right?)

- gog should finaly introduce some sort of DRM because all those pesky kids are stealing all that copyrighted shit and putting it on torrentz.

Those are my 5 cents, have a nice day. [/saltybanana]
Wwuuuaaahhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhhaaa.

Haven‘t laughed so hard in a long time.
tinyE: Shit, let them auto run Three's Company reruns on there
You're making it sound as if that wouldn't be an improvement.
tinyE: Shit, let them auto run Three's Company reruns on there
lolplatypus: You're making it sound as if that wouldn't be an improvement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX0cSaaLcXo

BTW, last time I checked, Joyce DeWitt was charging $15 for an autograph. :P
So there's 2 empty black banners taking up the front page now, instead of one.

I'd really like to know how this:

Account name missing & 2 empty black banners

Where is the News section?

Screenshots missing from game review page

Is an 'improvement' over the old site.
Post edited October 19, 2018 by FrodoBaggins
At first I was not that critical about the change, but after using the new layout for a week, I am fed up. I will not write my beef with the changes, because others before me have summed up that before.

Nevertheless I have one question - since the change, despite being logged out from the site (in browser) I still can see those "Wishlist" or "In library" tags on the front page for games. I tried deleting cookies and cache but it seems to not work. Anybody having a similar experience? Or it has nothing to do with the redesign? Sorry if this was already covered.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by animalmother2105
Breja: It's been what, three weeks? And I'm still amazed with how bad this redesign is. I've pretty much given up on even looking at the main page or browsing the store, I just visit the forum and check my wishlist for discounts, since those are the only two elements not yet completely broken.
+1 and same here!

But: please don't give them (gog.com) any ideas ;-)... that "those are the only two elements not yet completely broken." part of your post almost looks like an invitation to gog for further "great changes to your website"...
CraigGen_1970: Arstechnica, went through a major re-design and it sucked ass. Never went back. The old design was perfect, and the way the news articles were laid out made it easy on the eye, and easy to navigate.
Btw, come back to Ars you... dweeb! :D

Bottom footer of the site has the mobile interface :D They are conscientious and provide alternatives for their viewers! You don't even have to deal with the website! You can just use the forum! I don't know what to do with all these choices... Can you believe a service, in 2018, is still providing this for their users?

I feel you though, I complained about their new site layout and got mad down votes even though I said I was perfectly fine with it as long as they don't touch the mobile site, which they haven't... yet. XD
high rated
I wonder if GOG has compiled any new metrics on site performance and if revenue and engagement is up or down since the redesign?

I believe that I am something of a GOG power customer, with over 1500 games in my library, who would often make impulse buys, and since the redesign the amount I've spent on GOG is.... $0.00 And I don't think I would be the only customer who's buying habits have responded that way.

(disclosure: Why 1500+? I'm a AAA developer with decades in the industry - many of these replace decades of purchasing the original boxed games, others are for quick examination/comparison/reference, still others are just to support the devs, and other reasons)
high rated
DEAR GOG,

CAN U PLZ ADD A 3RD LARGE BANNER TO THE FRONT PAGE AND CHANGE ALL TEXT TO CAPS TO MAKE IT STAND OUT MORE.

THX!
high rated
I find the new gog horribly messy and hard to browse.
Has made me visit the site less. With the old GOG it was easy to see the news, and there weren't multiple entries for the same thing like 6 entries for NWN.
high rated
This useless gog team is giving up and don't give any proper response to this mess. They don't care. I can't purchase Project Warlock and other games as long this new site and other crap stays then why would I want to support GOG right now when they're constantly against me, my wishes and my feedback? It took for them forever to add some custom launch parameter in Galaxy. A launcher without custom launch parameters man the Galaxy people aren't gamers in my eyes, no way or worse case whoever decides what they shall do gotta buck off, basically the forum is only for bugfixes and the wishlist is once again confirmed to me a complete useless thing. Where is the linux client? They're ignoring a wish from 18.000+ people! And is it true the Gog Galaxy collects data and spies?

I want my games completly DRM-Free but a few of them are simply not because Steamworks multiplayer. Why are the developers using it in the first place? GOG cares about game compatibility on newer machines (the best part of gog) but why not multiplayer as well? Just help them out with the netcode and one free and permanent running (but free to change the ip in the settings) master server. Why do they allow Steamworks games but when it comes to Cook Serve Delicious, people gotta wait 5~ years for a sudden release?

I no longer want to purchase the games on Steam except for a good reason and now Gog is joining them. Pathetic. Gog must restart in many ways. The forum design is bullet proof and so the care about compatibility I think so all they need to do is listen and they gotta stop hiding. There is no reason to hide when they would do a good job anyway but they don't and they know it and they cannot Talk about it here. Accept more good games and care less about business related stuff. Bring the lovely previous site back and improve it. Provide better support and, if its true, stop collecting data via Gog Galaxy and make it optional as you guys promised before. No more Multiplayer crap. By the way in the galaxy wishlist someone wrote "Be optional till the end of days", yeah the days are numbered a long time ago.

Do it GOG or I refuse to pay your "Only on GOG" (--Trailer) game. Yes DRM-Free is better but now Your service, support and purpose is worse than pirates. While we're on it, release Resonance of Fate here. Let's see if you guys can manage it real quick with the previous shop site in the next few days. (If tri-Ace officially refuses to release the game on gog, then that's okay but I want a public confirmation for this for a transparent reason.)

(Yes I am and feel sorry to the game maker team but if I were him or them, I'd be mad as hell to gog and fully understand why people wouldn't pay my game. If I were responsible for all this at gog, i'd develop suicide thoughts. No way I'd allow this all. It's not like it went downhill like in a terrible restaurant, this all was forced to go terrible.)

(Sorry for my english skills ;_;)
Post edited October 19, 2018 by NatsuruNat
And now half the background images aren't loading for "Curated collections" (see attached pic) plus the page load times are +20s vs under 3s. The current double-banner at the top looks awful and is way oversized.

At this stage, please just roll-it back to the pre-Anniversary changes already. It really was perfect as it was.
Attachments:
high rated
So there's a new weekend sale and it's not shown on either the top of the page (gotta devote 4/5 of that to Thronebreaker), nor in the scrolling thing under it, nor in the News section. The only way I noticed it is because some of the discounts are shown in the ''Now on sale'' section, mixed in with all the other discounts. Oh, and the ''On Sale Now'' page hasn't updated. Chrissakes, bring back the old design. With that, I could find the new sale immediately on refreshing the page.
Post edited October 19, 2018 by TentacleMayor
high rated
Tarnicus: AND CHANGE ALL TEXT TO CAPS TO MAKE IT STAND OUT MORE.
Text? All text should be removed and replaced with huge pictures. It's 2018, making your customers read is inexcusable.
TentacleMayor: So there's a new weekend sale and it's not shown on either the top of the page (gotta devote 4/5 of that to Thronebreaker), nor in the scrolling thing under it, nor in the News section. The only way I noticed it is because some of the discounts are shown in the ''Now on sale'' section, mixed in with all the other discounts. Oh, and the ''On Sale Now'' page hasn't updated.
Hello. Can you tell us a bit about which new games you've noticed on sale? Also whether they have something in common ?

In fact, it would be nice if you accompanied it with a little flavor text.