It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Is there a way to turn off those annoying autoplays? They are everywhere!
high rated
tfishell: I actually agree that some of the changes are annoying, my comment was a knee-jerk reaction to everyone always complaining whenever there's a change.
Changes should be for the better or they are not worth disrupting your customers' familiarity with the unchanged way. At large we're not complaining that "It changed therefore now it sucks" but that "it changed in a way that makes it harder to use the store and I need to spend more of my time and bandwidth, THEREFORE. IT. SUCKS. (Also, autoplaying videos are annoying as hell)"

Some changes are definitely better and are welcome. Do you see anyone complaining about the review filters or the inclusion of the Verified Owner information? I also like that it is waay easier to compare goodies among different versions of the same game. Nobody is panning that as far as I saw.

This new, "improved" Gog store is as if you visited the same supermarket you regularly visit and they had changed everything in obtuse ways, like placing the products in random spots across the store. In the same shelf there are dog treats, socks, chocolate bars and toothpaste, but not even all brands of these products so you have to check every aisle to find what you want. And maybe after the checkout the only way out is a door in the back of the store, so you have to walk around the building, by the garbage dumpsters, bags in your hands, to get to your car in the parking lot (The parking lot is in the front of the store and doesn't extend to the back). Granted this is not a 1:1 analogy but my point is that most people would be annoyed that they changed for the mere sake of changing, usability be damned.

Edit: Oh BTW, the old store used to have small ads for the items on sale by the entrance and you happened to check that right away, now they are in the farthest corner inside the store. Great place to put the very first thing people want to see, right?

So, good for you if you like the new Gog store, but as I said elsewhere, even if I don't mean to boycott them I also don't see myself going through all the annoyance that they piled in what used to be a far more functional site and hit that "Buy" button as often as I usually did.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by joppo
I would like to make a recommendation regarding the buy button that is on the video on every gamepage.
That button is very intrusive, but it could be implemented a lot better like it is on the big video on the frontpage. That one is a lot more subtle.

That dropdown menu for game versions with wishlist heart tag could be dropped between the big video and the picture side scrolling menu, cause there is a lot unused free space inbetween.
Ingsoc85: I actually quit like it, especially the review filter.

My only problem is that the news section is at the very bottom of the main page, it should be above (or at most right below) now on sale section, also we need special banner to the dailies deals so we could different them from other sales.
My thoughts exactly.
FrodoBaggins: ...
joppo: ...
That's fine, my comment was a broad generalization about users' crotchetyness towards site changes in general. I'm not saying vocal complaints are never warranted. Plus there was meant to be a bit of sillyness/sarcasm in the comment. (and for a little context, I wrote that before knowing there were apparently a lot of serious issues)

But at this point it doesn't even matter because my comment is already written, nothing can change that. I need to just take the downtokes like a man :P

Cavalary: they keep getting away with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc
Post edited October 11, 2018 by tfishell
high rated
tfishell: That's fine, my comment was a broad generalization about users' crotchetyness towards site changes in general. I'm not saying vocal complaints are never warranted. Plus there was meant to be a bit of sillyness/sarcasm in the comment. (and for a little context, I wrote that before knowing there were apparently a lot of serious issues)

But at this point it doesn't even matter because my comment is already written, nothing can change that. I need to just take the downtokes like a man :P
I get you, and sometimes I saw some comments to minor changes as overreactions, but still. They were minor changes to me, to my point of view. They could be due to modifying what for other people is the main draw to this site. So even if I dismiss their concerns as "not applicable to me" I still think it isn't a bad thing that they voiced it, even if a barrage of them turned a thread very negative. Because those people spend money here.

When we write complaints in this forum we are giving Gog feedback on where they went wrong and what can be done to fix it, because it is our preference to keep our relationship with Gog the way it is. So we write before we take our money elsewhere to give them a chance to undo the damage they're about to do to their own finances, before they find out a few months down the road by looking at financial reports full of red numbers and downward graphs.

One user complaining until he goes away will be hardly noticed. Hundreds or thousands of complaints, all high voted like this thread? It is the worst nightmare of their marketing and financial teams. If this isn't the way to make them change their minds then no other way works and we're past the point where they care, we might as well be gone.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by joppo
I think you guys are making good points, and it's true some of the changes are definitely way too forced.
I'm surprised they have yet to do something about it, it's really weird. Where to buy poe currency is where to buy poe orbs. Voice of the communtiy should indicate their mistakes enough.
Maybe a bit contradictary to currency what I have written I actually don't mind exalted orbs big changes - in general - I really don't mind them because they bring freshness, but orbs in this case it's too much. It is.
Post edited October 23, 2018 by kragenkorch
high rated
Just wow.. I am an IT-savvy guy. Been in the industry semi and professionally nearly 20 years. For the first time since GOG inception, I don't even know where to find new releases and deals anymore. This new layout reminds me of my first experience with Windows 3.1.
high rated
Wow. Just wow.
This interface reminds me of the reason why I stopped buying on Steam.

On GOG I used to check the right panel for weekly/daily sales, while now that info is buried somewhere.
The auto selection of what I already have and its removal from the list was on the most useful features for GOG, because I would only see new games that I maybe wanted to buy and would not think, as today, "well, I actually already have the best games of the sale, I can very well avoid buying the second rate titles!".
Now are all mixed up and the ones I own are indicated with a barely visible gray boxes and I end up opening the most interesting ones (that are, obviously, the ones that I already own) and then I think "oh well" and I close the page.

The reviews. A full page for an image that does not represent the game. I have to scroll all the way down to know what people think about the game, well after "suggested games"; if I am on that page searching for reviews it means I am not convinced yet to buy THIS game, just imagine others that you suggest me...

An you cannot even count on the "it's for mobile" excuse, because here PC games are sold, so most of us are probably looking at it on a PC and anyone with a monthly data plan on the phone would avoid a heavy site in which autoplay videos are rampant.

Good work, I will save more for retirement.
high rated
The new layout is terrible,it is poorly structured and confusing. Don't know what they were thinking. I like to regularly check for upcoming games and see if there is something new, But the new layout is just made stop doing it. The worst thing is how white is,or i just don't know how to change the theme. Still this one is burning my eyes and don't even bother opening it. It is just sooooo bright.....

Is there a way to roll back?
dark___devil: Is there a way to roll back?
Depends. Have you got a DeLorean?
high rated
For those wanting to make the tag on owned games more visible, here's a quick piece of css code:

.product-tile__label--in-library {
border-radius: 3px;
background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(143, 92, 125);
font-size: 13px;
color: #f7f3f3;
text-transform: none;
}

Change the background and font colour to that of your personal liking, omit the last line if you prefer capital letters.
HypersomniacLive: For those wanting to make the tag on owned games more visible, here's a quick piece of css code:
(snip)
Thank you :)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: For those wanting to make the tag on owned games more visible, here's a quick piece of css code:
[...]
Thanks: you're very helpful and kind, but I am doing great not throwing more money to GOG. It is a issue for GOG, not for me: I already a backlog of 600 games, I am fine.
Okay, I take back what I said about the design. It's bloody terrible. I visited the site twice today, read the forum, wishlisted recent games, and only when I went to my fucking RSS feed for some old memes before going to sleep I saw NWN had been released. GOG, your whole web design team should be forced to align inline-blocks until the heat death of the universe.