It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I can't seem to log in from my other browser. When I click on "sign in" I just get an eternal throbber turning endlessly. Put some AJAX-free fallback in your fancy gizmos! Even if it's just an old-fashioned gog.com/login page URL somewhere. Learn to make sites that are still somewhat functional even if JS craps out! (Addendum: while I was typing this, the login box finally appeared.)

The "buy series" box was exiled to the bottom instead of being next to the main buy/wishlist box. This is not good design.

Owned games are now tagged with "IN LIBRARY" instead of "OWNED". Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I don't like the change in vocabulary, since it implies we no longer own the games we buy. We just have them in our library, from which they could be taken out at any time.
Is there still a way to see older news? I would like to know how long the discount on Diluvion will last, but I can´t find the news page :(
Oddeus: Is there still a way to see older news? I would like to know how long the discount on Diluvion will last, but I can´t find the news page :(
Try this: https://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss
The Diluvion announcement is here: https://www.gog.com/news/diluvion_updated_to_resubmerged_edition_for_free
Oddeus: Is there still a way to see older news? I would like to know how long the discount on Diluvion will last, but I can´t find the news page :(
FlockeSchnee: Try this: https://www.gog.com/frontpage/rss
The Diluvion announcement is here: https://www.gog.com/news/diluvion_updated_to_resubmerged_edition_for_free
Cool, thank you.
Oddeus: Cool, thank you.
The news should be at the very bottom of the main page (above the "Redeem code" etc panel). But some (like me) can't see them.
You're welcome.
high rated
The new story page is a hot mess. It is ridiculous how bad it is. It seems that it is design for mobile phones not for actual PC users. Little information, huge amount of scrolling, hard to find anything useful except of few big screaming icons. What the hell is that?

The worst is, I cannot even see if games I would be interested in have been just released or not since the news section is also a mess. Gog will lose my money and I will potential fun time. Everyone loses here...
Speed and interface is good for me, but I'd like more focus on older games and making them work on the most modern OSs. Out of the last 10 or so games I've tried maybe 5 worked without fan fixes.
Post edited October 05, 2018 by ResidentLeever
The "popular achievements" is the only thing that truly irks me, and that I look forward to erase from those pages thanks to some probably incoming option on the essentials/fundamentals plugins.
high rated
ped7g: Meanwhile, I was worried about that "owned" -> "in library" wording transformation in first place, so I didn't really focus on the web changes before (although now it seems there are only two persons worried about that wording, and nobody from GOG will comment, so what can I do more, except hope for the best...).
I'm worried too.

Also, I really liked the word Owned being used here on GOG. Many other sites are more about "renting" us games while sneaking in creepy things on our computers, so it was extremely refreshing when I was new here to find out that when buying games on GOG the store makes it very clear that you actually own the games now, and can download them and keep them and play them forever :) No, GOG isn't like the others, and I hope that it will stay that way forever.

I hope they change it back to Owned. To me that word shows exactly what GOG is all about :)
I see the profile pages disappeared from being easily accessible. So, all that effort to push profiles to the point of worrying users over their privacy is now all for moot? Makes you wonder why you'd do it in the first place. And the old GOG design was practical, logical while still being elegant and neat. They couldn't not have known that Steam's design is far more cluttered. And amazingly, they seem to have succeeded in making things worse right over here.
Meh, I can still get to shit pretty quick, that's all that matters.
The more GOG changes, the more it stays the same.
Nicole28: I see the profile pages disappeared from being easily accessible. ...
I'm not sure about all possible ways, but for example here in forum, hover over your nick, view profile -> "Games 213, Recently played Democracy 3, you are friends with IAmSinistar, JogsterXL, ...." etc... took 2 seconds.

So I'm not sure where the profile pages access did disappear, but I'm sure there are at least another 2-3 easy paths (even without forum post).
what happened to the gogmix games lists that users were able to create? i used to see them at the right side of the store page of whatever game i had clicked on. i loved that stuff.
and yeah the new design is bad. might be sensible on mobile phones not on a desktop pc. but ill get used to it.
its just inconvenient and nobody asked for it. dont fix it if it aint broken!
i am disappoint.
high rated
RonJeremy92: might be sensible on mobile phones
Quite the opposite since you only see the name of a game if you hover over it with the non-existent mouse.
https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2018/10/2a0afdbcd5bd2131af72dfb3342fafd03c7336e1.jpg

Who thought that would be a good idea?
Post edited October 05, 2018 by Klumpen0815