It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
ThorChild: I DONT WANT TO SEE UNMARKED DLC OR GAME MUSIC OR DIGITAL STORYBOOK!

I WANT TO BUY GAMES ON GOG!
coffeecup: I just just https://gg.deals for browsing and shopping if I still the urge to buy something at GOG. It also makes it appearant that their "up to -80% deals" aren't that great as they advertise them on their own site.

Well, I just use GOG as a sort of backup for the DRM free future (and keep the old installers).
Then just move along and use steam etc.
fronzelneekburm: Apparently, the number of games owned is no longer displayed next to reviews. Good job, gog!

Now please make it so that people who aren't even logged into gog can't see my profile, despite it being set to the 2nd highest privacy level (gog friends only) and I'll gladly use the profile feature again.
And same to you. Since you can't stop bitching about how GOG is broken. Just move along to steam.
Post edited October 13, 2019 by novumZ
low rated
coffeecup: I just just https://gg.deals for browsing and shopping if I still the urge to buy something at GOG. It also makes it appearant that their "up to -80% deals" aren't that great as they advertise them on their own site.

Well, I just use GOG as a sort of backup for the DRM free future (and keep the old installers).
novumZ: Then just move along and use steam etc.
fronzelneekburm: Apparently, the number of games owned is no longer displayed next to reviews. Good job, gog!

Now please make it so that people who aren't even logged into gog can't see my profile, despite it being set to the 2nd highest privacy level (gog friends only) and I'll gladly use the profile feature again.
novumZ: And same to you. Since you can't stop bitching about how GOG is broken. Just move along to steam.
Best solution in a long time. How to make something better... just tell the people to piss off. That will help...NOT.
Why is seeing the optional add-ons a bad thing? I'm confused. Would you rather they not release them here? Or not sell games that offer DLC? I assume the answers are no, so what's wrong with selling them on the product page? Some of these complaints baffle me.
StingingVelvet: Why is seeing the optional add-ons a bad thing? I'm confused. Would you rather they not release them here? Or not sell games that offer DLC? I assume the answers are no, so what's wrong with selling them on the product page? Some of these complaints baffle me.
If this in relation to any of my posts:

It can take 1-2 hours extra of general game browseing due to not having a filter option to just see the base game versions (i.e. not having extra filter options to remove DLC/Soundtracks from general game listings).

Now for some people that is fine if they have that time to spend visually filtering out the various DLC/Soundtrack links (e.g. "ok i can see that says it is DLC/Soundtrack so i will just look at the next 'game' in line" etc).

I always find it frustrating and time-wasting having to manually sort through all the non-game listings. It just takes that much extra time and clicking i now always give up rather than get to 'the end' of the game listings.

If i always knew exactly what game i was after it would not be an issue, but for a general browse of GOG's offerings, not being able to filter out the DLC/Soundtracks makes me buy less, as it is just too time/click consuming.

In general the current site is better than it was when this thread first started, BUT i think buyers could be more effective given a few more filtering options to avoid the slog through things they might not be looking for.

Also when you get to a game actual page, you have all the DLC listed there anyway, so it's not like you can miss it if you have these 'ease of use' extra filters.
And some games have currently so many DLCs and paid extras (soundtrack/art), that often it's difficult to see what is the actual main-game item and whether it is required or not for the item you are currently looking at and what is the dependency (I think there's no serious "tree" of chained dependencies yet, but I wouldn't be surprised at this pace to reach that situation soon).

And then when you own few hundreds games here, it gets even worse... browsing through sale, seeing list of ~5 items of the same game, and not being sure if all of them are extras for the main game you already have, or some of those five is the main game itself and you don't have it yet, etc.

It's not completely straightforward, maybe some of these can be resolved by better using the tools the web offers, but "default" experience is confusing a bit.

IMO the icons/style for dlc/extras should at least differ (maybe even name for text-only info), communicating the type of item rather clearly (adding gameplay/just extras/if you own main package already/...). Filtering them out sounds very interesting too, but then again they may never get into my sight at all, and some of the extras may eventually land to my basket, so I get filtering out (especially by default) items you don't own is probably not the smartest sales idea, but being confused by an offer, requiring another 5 min of research, doesn't sound right to me either.
ThorChild: If this in relation to any of my posts:

It can take 1-2 hours extra of general game browseing due to not having a filter option to just see the base game versions (i.e. not having extra filter options to remove DLC/Soundtracks from general game listings).

Now for some people that is fine if they have that time to spend visually filtering out the various DLC/Soundtrack links (e.g. "ok i can see that says it is DLC/Soundtrack so i will just look at the next 'game' in line" etc).

I always find it frustrating and time-wasting having to manually sort through all the non-game listings. It just takes that much extra time and clicking i now always give up rather than get to 'the end' of the game listings.
Oh I get what you meant now. I still don't get the annoyance really, because that takes like two seconds, but I get what you mean. Would definitely be better to just have them on the product page like Steam does.
ThorChild: If this in relation to any of my posts:

StingingVelvet: Oh I get what you meant now. I still don't get the annoyance really, because that takes like two seconds, but I get what you mean. Would definitely be better to just have them on the product page like Steam does.
Well actually like i said it ADDS about 2 hours to my trying to browse games, so erm not actually '2 seconds'. 2 hours i won't get back, each time i try to browse the game listings! (so i just stop browsing before the frustration kicks in).

Having simple filters to filter out 'DLC/Soundtracks' from the general listings would make the searching for games experience much more smooth.
Post edited October 17, 2019 by ThorChild
ThorChild: Well actually like i said it ADDS about 2 hours to my trying to browse games, so erm not actually '2 seconds'. 2 hours i won't get back, each time i try to browse the game listings! (so i just stop browsing before the frustration kicks in).
First off, scrolling through hundreds of random games isn't something most would do. They would filter it somehow. Secondly, even if you did scroll them all I reaalllllyyyy doubt the DLC and soundtracks add 2 hours to the experience.
low rated
StingingVelvet: First off, scrolling through hundreds of random games isn't something most would do. They would filter it somehow. Secondly, even if you did scroll them all I reaalllllyyyy doubt the DLC and soundtracks add 2 hours to the experience.
How? How can you possibly filter it?

And it takes AT LEAST 2 hours for slow people like me which is one of the reasons I completely stopped buying from GOG 2 years ago. When I took that decision my GOG game count was 607 and Steam game count was around 100. Now GOG game count is 608 (+1 from a recent giveaway) and Steam Game count is 400.

Now that is 300 games that I could buy from GOG if they would actually respect people like me and could develop a simple proper game store (like before it became worse). I respect people who stick with GOG but my time is A LOT MORE VALUABLE than my money and DRM-FREE desire.
Engerek01: How? How can you possibly filter it?
With... the filters? Or the search bar?
low rated
StingingVelvet: With... the filters? Or the search bar?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/is_there_a_way_to_filter_out_dlcs_in_the_store_page

That's the topic I opened about the subject last year and you can see the replies. I checked again and there are still no ways for that. And from your response, you don't seem to know the answer as well ;)

EDIT: I added a screenshot to show how STEAM implemented this simple feature which GOG is lacking.
Attachments:
Post edited October 18, 2019 by Engerek01
Engerek01: That's the topic I opened about the subject last year and you can see the replies. I checked again and there are still no ways for that. And from your response, you don't seem to know the answer as well ;)

EDIT: I added a screenshot to show how STEAM implemented this simple feature which GOG is lacking.
You're from Turkey so I'm going to assume there's a language barrier issue here. I didn't say you could filter out DLC. I said no one's scrolling through the hundreds upon hundreds of games here without filtering them somehow, so seeing some DLC won't take two hours off your life.
low rated
StingingVelvet: You're from Turkey so I'm going to assume there's a language barrier issue here. I didn't say you could filter out DLC. I said no one's scrolling through the hundreds upon hundreds of games here without filtering them somehow, so seeing some DLC won't take two hours off your life.
The whole subject is about filtering out DLCs and Soundtracks and you dare to question MY english? Then please enlighten us with your endless wisdom what you meant when you wrote those lines:

StingingVelvet: With... the filters? Or the search bar?
StingingVelvet: First off, scrolling through hundreds of random games isn't something most would do. They would filter it somehow. Secondly, even if you did scroll them all I reaalllllyyyy doubt the DLC and soundtracks add 2 hours to the experience.
Remember that this was a reply to :

ThorChild: It can take 1-2 hours extra of general game browseing due to not having a filter option to just see the base game versions (i.e. not having extra filter options to remove DLC/Soundtracks from general game listings).
Which CLEARLY states the subject of the discussion. Maybe you should practice your english on reading before replying?
high rated
I'll just plug my user script here, as it seems relevant :)

https://github.com/ghorint2t/scripts

It allows you to quickly filter out DLCs and owned games, amongst many other options.
That looks great Ghorin (although i won't use it to save gogs servers as you note!) :)

Now how hard would it be for GOG to actually add a filter box like you did for 'No DLC'? And one for 'No Soundtracks' in the general listings? browseing for games might become functional/de-cluttered again :)

More filters aimed at aiding a potential customer to find something of interest more quickly should be a big priority for a digital store one would think?