It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

coffeecup: (…) This script also confirmed my suspicions regarding deals that if you strip off the bait deals, but I can live with it, this does not cost me much of my time anymore. (…)
Can you please complete the sentence?
surfersurfer: Finally there is the game name written under the thumbnail. Looks much better.
Yep they just need to fix the system / OS symbols being removed on hover, rather they should be shown at all times.
low rated
Pond86: So much for this place being made for gamers then.
You have to read carefully, because it says „this place WAS made for gamers“, which is past tense and therefore it not valid in the present. As Cavalary said, the only thing GOG is interested in is more money. If they would make twice the money of today, I‘d introduce drm right now.
I don't know whether my web browser learned some new tricks in its last update, or if GOG have finally fixed some of the problems with the 'new' design, but I think for the first time ever since they launched this design, the home page is actually working during a sale.

The "wait 10 seconds to generate each thumbnail" screenshot gallery system is still a mind-boggling abomination, OTOH.
Just wanted to congratulate GOG on getting more 'indies' here. There seems to have been many more allowed in than in the past and i'm finding plenty of 'new' stuff as i try to browse the sales.

I said 'try' deliberately as i still see the same problem with filters (lack of them).

Once i hit about page 20 of the sales in the Store page, i just have to stop looking. All those 'soundtrack' and 'DLC' titles keep cluttering up my search and it is painful and time consuming to sort through them to get to the actual games.

Please for the love of time-saving, efficiency and probably making more money, add filters so we can tune out the sound tracks, DLC, graphic novels etc. I really need to be able to primarily search for 'games'. Once i have that ability i can then think about the other things (like if i already own game X, then i'm likely to look for DLC).

Filter: 'Games Only' let me tick that box!!!!!!
The problem is that the API endpoints they have written, it cannot distinguish really between normal games and DLCs. This is mostly done by some additional voodoo on the javascript product pages itself, and I'm really so tired of it, also from a programmatical standpoint.

Dunno why this is, perhaps some legacy structure where there was no concept of DLC and they just added the DLCs als apps and then linked them together, instead of doing properly.

Restructuring the backend would take just a weekend's worth of programming, I think, but hey this is GOG; where nothing will be done if it does not make any sort of short-term money. Better taping over with duct tape and wool strings, at least until the next major coat of paint (aka GOG Galaxy 2.0 with release of Cyberpunk 2077) will be pasted over. Oh and hide that "I wanna be Steam" better under the surface of their data structures...
So i had a 25 paysafe voucher. I got:

Witcher 3 GOTY = 14.99 (been wanting this for a longtime)
SPORE collection = 6.89
Avernum: Escape the Pitt = 2.29

This leaves me just 0.83

So as i know GOG needs all our money i set about trying to spend that last 0.83 on whatever crummy game i can find. After 30-45mins i give up.

I DONT WANT TO SEE UNMARKED DLC OR GAME MUSIC OR DIGITAL STORYBOOK!

I WANT TO BUY GAMES ON GOG!

Jesus f**in christ just make some more filters already, this is beyond ridiculous and it's been this way for years now, and each time i finish my buying time here slightly frustrated and shaking my head wondering how no-one at GOG does not see the poor experience they are serving up here?

Please just fix it. Add some more filters so we can focus on JUST THE GAMES (not the DLC or soundtracks or digital art or unicorn farts.......just the games, we can use our brains to find the 'other' non game stuff later).

I need that No Man's Sky 'Mind Blown!' meme. GOG you are blowing my mind every single shopping experience, and not in a good professional credible way.

But thanks for the Sales and DRM free games, on that your golden, just drop the amateur hour act please :)
Hey, reviews finally have line and paragraph breaks again!
Cavalary: Hey, reviews finally have line and paragraph breaks again!
Nice!

Also the "curated collections" have finally been swapped for something else. I mean, now the thing is basically a giant advertisement board for CD Projekt-related stuff and it will probably remain this way until Cyberpunk 2077 launches, but after almost a year of the "curated collections" not being changed, I'm grateful for almost anything.
Cavalary: Hey, reviews finally have line and paragraph breaks again!
fronzelneekburm: Nice!

Also the "curated collections" have finally been swapped for something else. I mean, now the thing is basically a giant advertisement board for CD Projekt-related stuff and it will probably remain this way until Cyberpunk 2077 launches, but after almost a year of the "curated collections" not being changed, I'm grateful for almost anything.
Only took them 8 and 1/3 months, eh?
high rated
It seems those stupid auto-playing videos are completely gone, finally. Good riddance.
Pond86: Steam still has the original for sale.

GOG gets shafted gets the original de-listed.
fronzelneekburm: If I remember correctly, after the huge outcry over the de-listing of the original versions of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planetescape: Tournament, some staff member from Beamdog claimed that it was actually gog's idea to delist the old original versions and sell them bundled with Beamdog's remastered versions instead.

At the time I filed this claim under "Yeah, right! Gog are the saviours of PC gaming and Beamdog are assholes out to make a quick buck! This was Beamdog's doing all the way!"

But with Beamdog's claim in mind, I would not entirely be surprised if they were telling the truth all along and gog pulled the original versions (to sell price-hiked remasters) at their own volition. In Beamdog's case, gog could easily get away with it, since these titles weren't sold anywhere else. In the case of Blood, it's a little different...

In which case, the publisher (Night Dive) didn't shaft gog, but gog shafts its own customers.
Makes me that much more relieved that I keep a repository of older installers purchased from GOG, circa 2009--2013, on a hard drive (including the old Bioware/Black Isle Studios cRPGS). Self-contained, DRM-free, do not require any sort of internet authentication to install or launch, and could be used in a remote cabin with no internet or wifi for miles. I had a feeling that downloading my own copies of these games at the time was important just in case some non-reversible changes came down the pipeline (which happens to new versions of my favorite software too, feature-creep, bloat, or free software suddenly becoming "freemium" and restricted). Who knows, the ability to download offline installers from GOG will probably be pulled entirely at some later date, since they become more like a Steam platform every day and would probably prefer everyone to forcibly use Galaxy.

These were always some of my favorite games so I'm glad I'm not reduced to only playing Beamdog's needlessly tweaked versions of them.
I had to block javascripts to be able to run the site on my second PC. Just sayin'.

Oh and by the way - many, many GOG games run smoothly on that PC.
low rated
ThorChild: I DONT WANT TO SEE UNMARKED DLC OR GAME MUSIC OR DIGITAL STORYBOOK!

I WANT TO BUY GAMES ON GOG!
I just just https://gg.deals for browsing and shopping if I still the urge to buy something at GOG. It also makes it appearant that their "up to -80% deals" aren't that great as they advertise them on their own site.

Well, I just use GOG as a sort of backup for the DRM free future (and keep the old installers).
low rated
Apparently, the number of games owned is no longer displayed next to reviews. Good job, gog!*

Now please make it so that people who aren't even logged into gog can't see my profile, despite it being set to the 2nd highest privacy level (gog friends only) and I'll gladly use the profile feature again.

edit: *I think I need to point out that this was a non-ironic, non-sarcastic, genuine "good job!". I'm really glad they got rid of this.
Post edited October 15, 2019 by fronzelneekburm