It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What about the GENRE of the games being easily visible without having to click these useless giant blocks?
high rated
elcook: Hi all, I’m here to give you some updates on what was happening on the design and performance side of GOG.COM the past few weeks.
[snip]
Second, with all the feedback we've gathered from you, we’ve put some of the things on our roadmap
[snip]
It's good to see these improvements, they were definitely steps in the right direction. What I gotta reinforce tho is that we need a definite solution for the bug that hides the information whether we own a game or not. It is a particularly grating problem in huge sales like the Japanese-themed sale last week: too many games to check individually.

And if it's feedback you want I can't forget to mention the desire for the return of the GOGMixes. If it can't be brought back from its database cemetery, at least recreate the functionality and the community will create the Mixes again. Either way we need improved features like the possibility to search for GogMixes by name and give users the ability to easily find their own and "subscribe" to other people's Gogmixes.

I understand that the code for the mixes was an unsalvageable mess, but the feature itself was appreciated and distinguished you from the competition. It was definitely much better than those useless front page collections we have now that nobody checks.
elcook: One thing that I'm fairly sure to confirm is that we won't be rolling back to the old version of the website.
I'm glad to hear business is good.

BKGaming: I feel like communication is non existing again, can we get an update please as to when more changes may roll out or what they might entail?
elcook: I'm definitely still here, but mostly reading and gathering your feedback for the team if anything new pops-up. Yes, I haven't given any updates to you guys, as I'm still waiting for proper info and timeline from developers. I hope to have some good news about the changes we're working on soon™.
So, about that timeline ...
Did that happen? Can we get filled in?
elcook: That’s it for now, and looking forward to give you more updates soon.
Any updates on when the people responsible for ruining the front page will admit they were wrong? For quite a while now, the front page advertises every game as having both a price and as Free, though the shopping cart section sadly refuses to uphold this generous offer. ;) Back before the redesign, I used to routinely check the front page. Now, I never ever look at the front page, because it's completely broken. I don't even know what sales have been offered in recent weeks, because I don't look at the front page and it's not worth my trouble to find the sale announcement posts in this forum. I haven't read site news in months.
elcook: One thing that I'm fairly sure to confirm is that we won't be rolling back to the old version of the website.
lolplatypus: I'm glad to hear business is good.
He didn't say business was good, just that they refuse to revert to the old design. This could be because business is good or it could be because they changed their internals in a way that they can't go back with any reasonable level of work.
But......I would suggest to go back to 2012/2013 when there were only old games in the store because in my opinion today there is too much dispersion on gog .
Everyone are trying to emulate Origin and steam and competing with them.....
Post edited April 24, 2019 by Dagauto
BKGaming: Yea I don't want to over state this change, it is a big improvment, however, it does not solve the all the problems with this new desgin. It still needs a lot of work and it should not have taken this long to make this simple change.

The biggest problems are still there:

- News section needs re-worked, needs to be more noticable at the top. Probably needs it's dedicated section, possibly in an improved blog type format. ie gog.com/news
- Currated Collections are still useless and make no sense without an re-worked GOGmix system.
- Top banner on store pages are still to big and the video button is redundant.
- Some places still have auto-playing videos which eat data.
- The site still feels overall sluggish / slow to load and the less noticeable hover effect (that should be removed) increases the performance issues on the home page.
- Parts of the site are still using the old design which makes the entire design inconsistent.
- and lots of TLC is needed in certain areas.
All of this, plus I have to add one very major issue: Reviews on game pages still aren't showing paragraph breaks. I know they're still in there, because I've been using a script that adds them back. It's a huge problem and I can't understand why it's taking so long to fix.

That said, thanks for the work done so far. Another few weeks and maybe the unmodified front page will finally be usable again. ;)
While I'm here, a request:
Can we get an option to hide all game suggestions like "You may like these products" on the game pages, for example?

It's a bit condescending and really not needed, if you have your store in order.

Also it tries to sell me Witcher and Witcher 2 on the vast majority of products I am looking at including completely unrelated products like Infinifactory and HuniePop, which comes across as rather shady and desperate.

I also already have these products in my library.

Furthermore I would like to use this soap box to once again point at library sorting. Maybe a picture will do this more justice. So I took one. Have a look, maybe show it around. It's possible that the person is gone at this point, but someone decided to bin manual sorting, because it wasn't up to GOG's standard, and implement this.

Surely that isn't up to GOG's standard, either, right? So how much of a priority is that on the timetable? Asking because I could actually abuse your tag system to fix this in a lazy afternoon. I don't want to, because it would be a bit silly. But desperate times and all that. But it would be a bit exhausting to go through that, just to have a fix come in the week after. Would also mean I couldn't use tags for anything else.
Attachments:
gogsort.jpg (78 Kb)
Post edited April 24, 2019 by lolplatypus
lolplatypus: ... Asking because I could actually abuse your tag system to fix this in a lazy afternoon. ...
Just to be sure what you mean. You mean assigning a textual label (doesn't have to be displayed) and using it as sorting key? Yes, that should work and not be too much effort. GOG should definitely implement this.
lolplatypus: ... Asking because I could actually abuse your tag system to fix this in a lazy afternoon. ...
Trilarion: Just to be sure what you mean. You mean assigning a textual label (doesn't have to be displayed) and using it as sorting key? Yes, that should work and not be too much effort. GOG should definitely implement this.
Yes, that is how I assume this could be easily fixed on GOG's end (though manual sorting would be quite nice, as well).
Which as a user I could replicate with tags and giving every game in my library its own tag, then sort those tags. That would work, but it would be silly and tags couldn't really be used for anything else in that case.
Nice to see some acknowledge of the state of the website, less than optimal.

I can't help but reflect on why you need to reach such lowlights, before starting a slow (excruciatingly slow...) recovery.
Just to fall flat again a few month later.

Take your time.
Build a solid core.

Move from there.
Post edited April 24, 2019 by OldOldGamer
advowson: He didn't say business was good, just that they refuse to revert to the old design. This could be because business is good or it could be because they changed their internals in a way that they can't go back with any reasonable level of work.
I think that was sarcasm.
After a year without buying a single game on GOG and increase my game collection of 606, I wanted to give an other try. My conclusion is that GOG is hopeless. GOG.com and EA web pages are the two sites that my laptop can't handle on the entire Internet. On every other site (including STEAM), navigating is smooth. But here, checking the GOG front page feels like running up-hill. Also, they still didn't change anything about the terrible game page designs which gives me headaches. I don't feel like buying anything when my brain hurts trying to find the information I need or look at the pictures or watch videos of the game. On every other site, whether they are game sites or not, the informative pages are so clean.

On the community page, I keep seeing this wish called "Do not get bought by EA". I think they didn't think that GOG would become EA when they wrote that wish.
lolplatypus: While I'm here, a request:
Can we get an option to hide all game suggestions like "You may like these products" on the game pages, for example?

It's a bit condescending and really not needed, if you have your store in order.
— You may like these products: [shows a few games]

— You know what, you might be onto something here Gog. Some of those games indeed look good to me. That must be the reason I already bought most of them, incidentally making your recommendation very close to useless with a side of annoying.
joppo: What I gotta reinforce tho is that we need a definite solution for the bug that hides the information whether we own a game or not. It is a particularly grating problem in huge sales like the Japanese-themed sale last week: too many games to check individually.
Hi! Exactly. Simply impossible one after one checking the games and doesn't exist "I have already this game/ own in library" filter. If we have a few hundred games, we cant buy from you, I don't want spend hours ith this annoying thing. I miss this weekend sales TOO, like some other... So, please GOG do something.
joppo:
retrojacsi: Hi! Exactly. Simply impossible one after one checking the games and doesn't exist "I have already this game/ own in library" filter. If we have a few hundred games, we cant buy from you, I don't want spend hours ith this annoying thing. I miss this weekend sales TOO, like some other... So, please GOG do something.
Yeah it makes me give up checking the deals so much faster. I skim the page, if I see no games I'm confident I want and don't have I just close the tab.

Didn't you make a mistake tho? We still have regular weekend sales and weekly sales, except when a larger sale takes stage. This weekend for example is the Weekend Sale: Mysteries, humming swords, chains and thorough cleaning up to -80%.

We don't have daily deals anymore tho. I miss them... but maybe they were more trouble than it was worth it? I can concede that Gog is in a better position than me to decide whether they should do a certain sale or not.