It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to Bright Falls.

After a prolonged leave of absence in order to pursue his music rights, spooked book writer Alan Wake is now back on sale in all his original glory!

To celebrate, turn your flashlights skywards and then grab Alan Wake 80% off until November 1st, 4pm UTC.

Additionally, American Nightmare, the game's acclaimed spinoff, just got a permanent price drop and is also 80% off on top of that, so the time to complete the series is now.
Post edited October 25, 2018 by maladr0Id
cmclout: Unfortunately, I had to purchase this game at Steam instead of GOG. Like many games, Steam has the soundtrack available (as a DLC), and GOG does not. This is not the first game I've had to purchase at Steam because GOG doesn't offer the soundtrack, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
well, humble bundle/store used to provide a drm free version of the game with also the soundtrack included...

now of course, i cant presume which, out of the soundtrack part or the drm free part, is your personal priority
Barry_Woodward: I'd love to see Remedy Entertainment's Max Payne 1+2, Quantum Break, Control and Death Rally make it here someday.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/max_payne
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/max_payne_2_the_fall_of_max_payne
This would be so awesome! I love the Max Payne games. Especially the second one.
MarkoH01: Soundtrack - missing!
adambiser: You mean this?

It says:
The soundtrack of Alan Wake's American Nightmare and sheet music of Alan Wake, both composed by Petri Alanko.

The soundtrack is only for AW:AN, right? (Which GOG doesn't have either.)
Oh, sorry. You are right. The soundtrack is just for AW:AN. I got confused since I also own the retail version which includes the OST for AW as well.
Barry_Woodward: I'd love to see Remedy Entertainment's Max Payne 1+2, Quantum Break, Control and Death Rally make it here someday.
I already explained why Quantum Break is sort of impossible until remedy does not add the possibility to download the videos for the PC version as well. Even the Steam version does not have this option - only the console version.

Of course though, I am always for more remedy games here as well :)
darthspudius: I'm surprised we're not getting pop ups ads with GOG's new "Buy it or else!" approach.
Any other completely unrealated complaints you like to tell? Is ranting that much fun? I am all for complaining about things in case there's actually a reason to complain (which as you pointed aout is not the case here). Otherwise it is just meaningless ranting for the sake of it and that is a thing I neither have the time nor the understanding for. I just cannot understand why people who obviously just try to badmouth GOG (and I know, they are far from perfect) just won't move on.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by MarkoH01
This game is so good. The control is a little weird at first but worth it for the rest of the game... which is just a blast.
Sweet! Going to grab this - I always regret not grabbing it when it was given as a freebie ("I'll never play it..." - dumb) years ago, even more so when it was removed.

Thanks GoG and also Remedy (yes?) for taking the time to get this one back here. I know it's not always an easy thing to do so I have no problem rewarding the effort!
adambiser: You mean this?

It says:
The soundtrack of Alan Wake's American Nightmare and sheet music of Alan Wake, both composed by Petri Alanko.

The soundtrack is only for AW:AN, right? (Which GOG doesn't have either.)
MarkoH01: Oh, sorry. You are right. The soundtrack is just for AW:AN. I got confused since I also own the retail version which includes the OST for AW as well.
MarkoH01: I already explained why Quantum Break is sort of impossible until remedy does not add the possibility to download the videos for the PC version as well. Even the Steam version does not have this option - only the console version.

Of course though, I am always for more remedy games here as well :)
darthspudius: I'm surprised we're not getting pop ups ads with GOG's new "Buy it or else!" approach.
MarkoH01: Any other completely unrealated complaints you like to tell? Is ranting that much fun? I am all for complaining about things in case there's actually a reason to complain (which as you pointed aout is not the case here). Otherwise it is just meaningless ranting for the sake of it and that is a thing I neither have the time nor the understanding for. I just cannot understand why people who obviously just try to badmouth GOG (and I know, they are far from perfect) just won't move on.
I'm sure I'll think of something.
Good news, this game really good. :)
I have both Alan Wakes games in the steam and they are fantastic games although the first one is better.
Even know I already had Alan Wake and American Nightmare it's just great that they have come back to gog and are available for others to buy. Gives me hope also that Max Payne might some day come to gog.
Yup I wish we could get the classic Death Rally as a freebie, since afaik it's freeware.
tfishell: Yup I wish we could get the classic Death Rally as a freebie, since afaik it's freeware.
Nope. It's on Steam, and it's not free.
tfishell: Yup I wish we could get the classic Death Rally as a freebie, since afaik it's freeware.
finkleroy: Nope. It's on Steam, and it's not free.
Oh yeah. I wonder why it's not here yet.
Point_Man: Does this happen with movies/tv?
adambiser: It does happen with movies and TV: https://www.npr.org/2012/01/03/144624329/the-big-bad-swap-the-problem-with-replaced-music
They generally replace it with generic music.
Huh. I remembered reading maybe 1 article about a tv show sometime in the past but i guess the issue is more prevalent in movies and shows than i realized. I guess it's a big problem across all 3 industries. I wonder if it will ever change.
Ixamyakxim: Thanks GoG and also Remedy (yes?) for taking the time to get this one back here. I know it's not always an easy thing to do so I have no problem rewarding the effort!
From some of the articles I've been reading, it sounds like Microsoft helped them out the most in getting the music re-licensed. Interesting.
Ixamyakxim: Thanks GoG and also Remedy (yes?) for taking the time to get this one back here. I know it's not always an easy thing to do so I have no problem rewarding the effort!
Mr.Mumbles: From some of the articles I've been reading, it sounds like Microsoft helped them out the most in getting the music re-licensed. Interesting.
Really? Good on them for helping out - this was always supposed to be one of the "Killer Apps" for the Xbox. And I thought it was always sort of judged poorly because of that - because it wasn't a super mainstream Madden / Halo "gotta have it bro" game it was always sort of viewed as a failure... despite the fact that it ended up being a VERY good action adventure game with a cool Twin Peaks / Steven King / horror-esque storyline.

I think it wasn't mainstream enough to ever live up to the hype of what it was supposed to be, but in a way that's exactly what gives it its cult status - an extremely well polished high production value horror story.

I never hated on Microsoft until they really started to push their subscription based, DRM heavy vision. Sure, they did roll back some of it but that will always kind of colour my view of them going forward until they change my mind over a substantial period of time. And my God do I hate Win 10 (or whatever the current iteration is called).

But the Win 7 / Xbox 360 era Microsoft more often than not had my dollar.
finkleroy: Nope. It's on Steam, and it's not free.
I guess at some point they changed their minds because years ago it was a free game, it was still available for free on their website even with the game being sold on Steam. Not anymore, it seems.