It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Edit: 90% off discounts are up now for Alan Wake and American Nightmare. Alan Wake will be pulled on May 15th at 17:00 PM UTC. American Nightmare is not affected and will remain available. Alan Wake is great and well worth your time. Get it now before it's gone.

Alan Wake

News Release
Post edited May 13, 2017 by MrFortyFive
That's a pretty prolific year for removals, with 2 more games falling to the licensing curse.
MrFortyFive: Due to music licensing issues according to Remedy's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/863012017833218049

Steam is going to have a 90% off sale starting 5/13. I've asked to see if GOG will be included as well. If any blues know something about this, that would be great too.
Already got my gog copy long ago, but thanks for the heads up.
I already own them, but if they'll do a goodbye sale, I will probably pick up another gift copy.
I don't get this time limitation on licensing. Not now. Sure back when games had limited production run, but Alan Wake was release in the Digital Download Era. Surely they should have thought of this issue before hand.
mechmouse: I don't get this time limitation on licensing. Not now. Sure back when games had limited production run, but Alan Wake was release in the Digital Download Era. Surely they should have thought of this issue before hand.
It's a matter of money. Perpetual licenses for music cost a LOT more than a time-limited license.

Also, according to the post on Steam it's JUST Alan Wake that's being removed. American Nightmare will still be there.
I hope GOG do a goodbye sale, and i'll get it here just for the sake of getting it DRM free. I have the game on Steam and Xbox already. (I've got American Nightmare here, just missing the original.)
I haven't played either of these games, are they any good?
Clearsong: Also, according to the post on Steam it's JUST Alan Wake that's being removed. American Nightmare will still be there.
You're right. I'll update the first post
At 90% off ($2.99) I'd go ahead and buy it, GOG, so make it happen! :)
lol, it's "just" Alan Wake being removed, not American Nightmare? The original game is the good one.

Anyway, I've always maintained that licensing is basically going to be the death of more and more good games over time, and here we are. Go buy it, people.
Chacranajxy: lol, it's "just" Alan Wake being removed, not American Nightmare? The original game is the good one.

Anyway, I've always maintained that licensing is basically going to be the death of more and more good games over time, and here we are. Go buy it, people.
I removed "just" just for you. You're right though. Some of these ridiculous licensing laws are the reason GOG can't offer twice as many games as they already do, and instead they just linger in limbo where they can't do any good for anyone. Well, that and some questionable "curation" decisions, but that's a discussion for a different thread.
Clearsong: It's a matter of money. Perpetual licenses for music cost a LOT more than a time-limited license.
Yes it might cost 10 times more, but it depends on the artist on what the base price was in the first place.

A global supper Star might have asked for $10'000 for a 5 year license, where an 80's one hit wonder for $1'000.

Also I wonder what music was so important that an in house team could't be used.
Alan Wake will be pulled from Steam and Xbox Live, not sure if this game will be pulled from GOG as they may have different licensing. But if they had to remove game from store, i hope that they will put in on sale before this happen.
How strange to stumble upon this post. A few days ago, me and some friends had a conversation regarding license of games and how mane games just become unavailable after they are put from storefronts digital.

Too bad this happens to Alan Wake, the game is gold. Everyone should buy it and play it.

p.s:
One thing about it, I guess people who purchased the game they keep it but what about the extras on Gog? Will extras be available to download after the game is taken off store?