It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Help shape a fascinating tale of danger, intrigue, and stubborn bubbles.

Previously on Adventure on Mystery Island
After an unfortunate plane crash and a rather fortunate encounter with the enigmatic Monolith of Multitude, you end up with sand in your shoes, a precious code for Rebel Galaxy in your pocket, and a healthy dose of curiosity in your gut.
The path towards the second Monolith goes through the foreboding Sidequest Castle, which turned out to be the home of a slightly unhinged but rather jolly dragon who loooooves role-playing. You unwittingly become her knight is shining prose and after your reluctant participation in a humiliating play, you escape towards the Bridge of DOOM. Naturally, your attempt to pole-vault over it goes awfully wrong but thanks to the miraculous intervention of a giant bird, you somehow end up on the other side of the bridge, right outside the Brainstorm Basin. Here, you were tasked with solving a devious riddle involving unburstable bubbles, which you did with surprising aplomb. Certain that nothing can interrupt your quest anymore, you enter a giant monkey head and find yourself inside The Cave of Countless Chats. It's a maze and in order to get out, you agree to help a Harmless Old Lady find her granddaughter's dollie. She, of course, turns out to be a voodoo priestess and after getting painfully zapped around the place, you finally exit the Cave and find yourself standing in front of The Second Monolith. Your reward? A shiny copy of Fantasy General and the promise of more adventures, lying beyond the Purple Portal that just opened up off shore...

Catch up on <span class="bold">Chapter 1</span>, <span class="bold">Chapter 2</span>, <span class="bold">Chapter 3</span>, <span class="bold">Chapter 4</span>, <span class="bold">Chapter 5</span>, and <span class="bold">Chapter 6</span> of the story.

CHAPTER 7: The Purple Portal

You spend a couple of days building a sturdy raft and then training wild sea turtles to haul it. The project is a resounding success and you finally throw your raft in the water, ready to sail towards greatness.
You put on your paper crafted hat, strike a magisterial pose and bellow a command in a language that sounds like mating seagulls. Nothing happens. You try again, with more vibrato this time. The raft stands still. Unfazed by this temporary setback, you scream the ungodly command for the third time. At last, your sea turtles rush forward!

But "forward" is not the right word.

Panicked and confused, the poor sea creatures opt for a different route, sailing instead around the island. Your pleas and feeble threats go unnoticed.
After two full circles, you miraculously end up on the patch of land that the Purple Portal occupies. Good job, Cap'n.

It is quite the sight. The portal swirls and flickers with mystical energy, dangerous but terribly inviting. What other mysteries and magical lands could be lying ahead, you wonder. You hesitate. Turning your head around, you gaze at the island one last time, reminiscing about the fascinating adventures and spectacular humiliations it gave you.

Suddenly, before you get a chance to change your mind, someone or something reaches out and drags you inside!

Well, that was unexpected.

To be continued...
Post edited June 21, 2017 by maladr0Id
A tentacle ? An alien ?
Such suspense ! I hope we'll know what happens next ! :D
Sooo... does this mean we are getting Portal? :-)
AgentBirdnest: Sooo... does this mean we are getting Portal? :-)
Doesn't purple portal imply MineCraft more? I wish they'd have Portal on here, but that seems unlikely considering the devs.
Cliffhanger!
GOG.com: It is quite the sight. The portal swirls and flickers with mystical energy, dangerous but terribly inviting. What other mysteries and magical lands might lie ahead, you wonder. You hesitate. Turning your head around, you gaze at the island one last time, reminiscing about the fascinating adventures and spectacular humiliations it gave you. But before you get a chance to change your mind, someone or something reaches out and drags you inside the portal!

Well, that was unexpected.
Warcraft II + Beyond the Dark Portal expansion confirmed!
Wait a minute... This has to do with portals, and Valve made 2 games about Portals.
7 divided by 2 is 3.5, round that down, it is 3. Which means... HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!
skeletonbow: Warcraft II + Beyond the Dark Portal expansion confirmed!
Wish it was available here, along with Diablo and Warcraft III.
Is this the end? What happens next?

The Summer sale is ending tomorrow, right? GOG will need a new weekly sale and possibly matching new releases...
Post edited June 19, 2017 by Caesar.
See as we'll need to wait for the Winter sale for the conclusion to this tale!
It's a purple portal, and Galaxy is purple. I'd like for this to be something big, but I'm expecting it to be some sort of Galaxy push.
Told you it's Warp Gate!!!!!!
We've just became slaves to Slaanesh!
I wouldn't hold my breath for anything.

Did reaching the "Bridge of DOOM" coincide with the DRM-free release of, well, you know... DOOM (3) after all?
Marioface5: It's a purple portal, and Galaxy is purple. I'd like for this to be something big, but I'm expecting it to be some sort of Galaxy push.
I'd be very happy if it would be Galaxy for Linux beta. But I don't think so, in the case the had the Linux version ready for beta (even alpha), it would have been more reasonable to say so at the begining of the sale to boost Linux sales.

Anyway, please, GOG, push Galaxy for Linux.
Marioface5: It's a purple portal, and Galaxy is purple. I'd like for this to be something big, but I'm expecting it to be some sort of Galaxy push.
Every of us have some expectation, probability slightly different from others or not. I have little hope that maybe I will have opportunity to install and use native Galaxy for Linux client on my home laptop (purple also associate in my mind with Galaxy) .

Best regards,
Adam B.