It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hummer010: PEBKAC
Orkhepaj: typical linux fanboy...
your shitty os is just crap
ELIMINATE ERROR
S/He clearly took a wrong turn. This isn't the Steam forum but about Adam's wrappers for GOG games.
Post edited February 18, 2021 by Klumpen0815
high rated
All wrappers have been updated with most being moved to Wine 6.0. Wrappers using Wine+DXVK have been updated to use DXVK 1.8 and wrappers using dgVoodoo now use dgVoodoo 2.73. Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Oblivion and The Saboteur now use DXVK by default. The mouse fix for Dead Space is now working and included by default. There have also been some more general improvements to the wrapper scripts, including:

- Build scripts now feature a 'Plan B' build option for when updated installers are released & I haven't updated the wrappers for them yet. This option will create the wrapper by running the specified installer instead of unpacking it with innoextract; however doing this will take a lot longer to create the wrapper and may not work properly depending on what has changed and any patches or DLC installers will need to be installed separately.

- Any redistributable components that are required are now always downloaded separately. This is mainly intended to improve reliability when doing 'Plan B' installs by making sure that required components are installed properly into the prefix, but it will also make things a bit easier when GOG decides to remove them or change how they're bundled when they update installers.

- Redistributables that were removed by Microsoft are now downloaded from mirrors instead.

Due to the newer versions of Proton no longer being usable standalone like any other version of Wine I'm now moving away from Proton except where absolutely necessary (e.g. games that only work using Proton, or use fixed display resolutions & other possible solutions don't work), in which case older Proton builds will have to be used.

I've set up an account on GitLab and plan to migrate things over there, although it'll be a while for that to happen for my wrappers as it will need a fair amount of reorganisation.
Joe_parmaggio: Update:
I solved the issue by installing winetricks and manually installing xna40 by running winetricks -q xna40 in the terminal.
That was caused by Microsoft removing some of the dependencies required by some wrappers... anyway, it's fixed now & the affected redistributables are now downloaded from mirrors instead :)
adamhm: Users of Mint 19.x or Ubuntu 18.04 (or other Ubuntu 18.04-based distros) can try my common dependencies meta-package, which should install the required dependencies as well as dependencies that are commonly required for many other games.
Klumpen0815: Will there be a working version of this for Mint 20.1?
It's not working as it is on the current version of Mint.
Yes, but I need to migrate to Mint 20.x first (still using 19.3 & too busy to move right now). I did briefly look into it with a VM but ran into a packaging bug that prevented some of the packages from being installed together.
Post edited March 01, 2021 by adamhm
That was a punk move by Valve/Steam (Proton only usable with Steam).
Themken: That was a punk move by Valve/Steam (Proton only usable with Steam).
Oh, is that a new thing?
I thought Proton was usable as any WINE fork, Steam or not Steam.
This is the only place I've heard about this. Will it affect unofficial builds (GloriousEggroll, Kron4ek) or just Valve's own?
It's not so much that it can't be used without Steam, just that it's very awkward/inconvenient to do so since Valve implemented a new container system a while back and made Proton dependent on that, amongst other changes (e.g. they appear to have broken its ability to create a new prefix outside of its build environment... not a problem for how they use it as they pre-generate a prefix at build time that their script just copies over each time a new prefix is needed & they have their script handle things like updating it etc. too). Still need to look into exactly what they changed but I don't think it's very likely that it'll be anything I can deal with.

It used to be that I could just grab any Proton build and use it more or less like any other version of Wine, but that's not been possible for some time now.
Post edited March 02, 2021 by adamhm
adamhm:
Thank you for that technical explanation. To me it just looked like what I said but I am certainly not that good with this, which is why I like your work here.
I've install Bioshock (non-remastered) with the wrapper. Everything works fine except that I can't save : I get a message saying that the drive is full. The drive isn't and I have write access to .local/share/bioshock and the wine prefix. I fund no clue here on how to fix that.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your work.
Sorry if I'm being a bit dumb I'm trying to convert to Linux and not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do with these wrappers.. Is it a case of downloading the game from gog and then ""putting" the wrapper in terminal. Is there an absolute idiots walk through of what to do.
Fwiw I tried to play Dragon age origins through game hub which said it was using your script it installed but wouldn't run. The plan was to try Lutris next.
Really if I can crack gaming I don't see myself going back to windsows,as so far I like the look of mint.
donovan5: mint.
Mint 20.x?
donovan5: mint.
Themken: Mint 20.x?
Yes, the latest one
Themken: Mint 20.x?
donovan5: Yes, the latest one
So 20.1. See the last part of this post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adamhms_linux_wine_wrappers_news_faq_discussion/post739

I forgot but was there automatically support for 32bit programs, like that Dragon Age Origins, or did you have to install that in Linux Mint 20.x?
Post edited March 04, 2021 by Themken
donovan5: Yes, the latest one
Themken: So 20.1. See the last part of this post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adamhms_linux_wine_wrappers_news_faq_discussion/post739

I forgot but was there automatically support for 32bit programs, like that Dragon Age Origins, or did you have to install that in Linux Mint 20.x?
Not sure , I really haven't much of a clue what I'm doing atm . When I tried to run on Lutris it told me I had to install vulkan ,I haven't been back on yet.
So still not sure what to do with the wrappers but Ive managed to get DAO and secret of Monkey island running through Lutris after finding a post online saying to turn off dxvk, not sure why that should work but it did. Obviously haven't had a play through yet but fingers crossed I'm now running games on linux without issues.