It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jimmw: I'm enjoying Fallout 3 at the moment on Mint (19.1). I've had a couple of (rare) crashes but I suspect that's more to do with the game itself than wine-related. Although Alt-tab'ing is a no-no - I have to kill it with the start kill option if I accidently do that. But it seems that's a pretty general problem with using wine. Otherwise it's perfectly fine.
Fallout 3 and FONV, Oblivion, Skyrim etc. all have a tendency to crash from time to time due to engine bugs... just save regularly and over multiple save files, and be careful with mods :)

You could try enabling the virtual desktop to prevent the crash on alt+tab - simply create a file named "desktop" in the wrapper's support directory.

jimmw: I did have a checksum error with the xz file in there. I recalculated it and edited the script - which may have been a bad idea on my part, as it defeats the purpose of the checksum being there... ;) - but all fine otherwise. I'm hoping you just forgot to update the checksum when you updated the script with the latest proton a couple of days ago.
The checksums should all be correct as they're updated automatically when the wrapper scripts are packaged. I downloaded it to check and there were no issues so I'd recommend downloading it again and making sure the checksum for the downloaded file matches the one in the post.
high rated
The wrapper for XIII has been updated to use the new installer.
jimmw: I'm enjoying Fallout 3 at the moment on Mint (19.1). I've had a couple of (rare) crashes but I suspect that's more to do with the game itself than wine-related. Although Alt-tab'ing is a no-no - I have to kill it with the start kill option if I accidently do that. But it seems that's a pretty general problem with using wine. Otherwise it's perfectly fine.
adamhm: Fallout 3 and FONV, Oblivion, Skyrim etc. all have a tendency to crash from time to time due to engine bugs... just save regularly and over multiple save files, and be careful with mods :)

You could try enabling the virtual desktop to prevent the crash on alt+tab - simply create a file named "desktop" in the wrapper's support directory.

jimmw: I did have a checksum error with the xz file in there. I recalculated it and edited the script - which may have been a bad idea on my part, as it defeats the purpose of the checksum being there... ;) - but all fine otherwise. I'm hoping you just forgot to update the checksum when you updated the script with the latest proton a couple of days ago.
adamhm: The checksums should all be correct as they're updated automatically when the wrapper scripts are packaged. I downloaded it to check and there were no issues so I'd recommend downloading it again and making sure the checksum for the downloaded file matches the one in the post.
I resolved the checksum issue - it turns out I'd inadvertently dragged n dropped another file into the tar. My bad!

Thanks again!
Would you be willing to work on an Underrail wrapper? Is it even possible (not sure how well people run it under Wine). I can donate a copy of the game + DLC to you if you need one!
Just here to report that The Bard's Tale Trilogy appears to be working great without any tweaking required, using the generic gogwrap.

Other games that work great without any tweaking that I've tested with the generic wrapper:

Avadon 1, 2, 3 and Avernum 1, 2, 3 (the new ones).
high rated
A wrapper is now available for UnderRail and UnderRail: Expedition. Thanks to sunshinecorp for donating a key :)

In addition, all wrappers have been updated with a new winewrap.shlib, all DXVK wrappers use DXVK 1.4.3, and GOGWrap now uses Proton 4.11-7 by default.
adamhm: A wrapper is now available for UnderRail and UnderRail: Expedition. Thanks to sunshinecorp for donating a key :)

In addition, all wrappers have been updated with a new winewrap.shlib, all DXVK wrappers use DXVK 1.4.3, and GOGWrap now uses Proton 4.11-7 by default.
I wanna HUG you!

Thanks so much for this. I can finally stop playing UnderRail in my living room, where the shunned Windows PC lives, and use my main rig!
I wasn't planning to update again so soon but I found & fixed some bugs plus a new version of DXVK was released last night, so everything has a new winewrap.shlib and DXVK wrappers have been updated to DXVK 1.4.4 :)
So after trying the play.it script for Frostpunk and the gog wrapper I think I found out what the issue is with the graphics. Wine seems to default to Intel Integrated Graphics instead of using the dedicated graphics card. That issue seems to appear for both AMD and NVIDIA cards. Its basically the same thing for the script or for the wrapper. Anybody knows how to fix this?
Post edited October 29, 2019 by Matruchus
Matruchus: So after trying the play.it script for Frostpunk and the gog wrapper I think I found out what the issue is with the graphics. Wine seems to default to Intel Integrated Graphics instead of using the dedicated graphics card. That issue seems to appear for both AMD and NVIDIA cards. Its basically the same thing for the script or for the wrapper. Anybody knows how to fix this?
Is that with wined3d/OpenGL or dxvk/Vulkan? With the later, there was some bug fixed in the past related to it. If it resurfaced, may be report your case here: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/376

See also the workaround suggestion about using VK_ICD_FILENAMES
Post edited October 30, 2019 by shmerl
Matruchus: So after trying the play.it script for Frostpunk and the gog wrapper I think I found out what the issue is with the graphics. Wine seems to default to Intel Integrated Graphics instead of using the dedicated graphics card. That issue seems to appear for both AMD and NVIDIA cards. Its basically the same thing for the script or for the wrapper. Anybody knows how to fix this?
shmerl: Is that with wined3d/OpenGL or dxvk/Vulkan? With the later, there was some bug fixed in the past related to it. If it resurfaced, may be report your case here: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/376

See also the workaround suggestion about using VK_ICD_FILENAMES
The problem is that dxvk only finds the Intel Integrated Graphics Card. My Radeon R9 270x is not listed anywhere when I launch the game.
Matruchus: The problem is that dxvk only finds the Intel Integrated Graphics Card. My Radeon R9 270x is not listed anywhere when I launch the game.
What does vulkaninfo tell you? And what do you see when you run:

VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_MESA_overlay vkcube
Post edited October 30, 2019 by shmerl
adamhm: *snip*
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth installer change.
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1189711155#changelog
sunshinecorp: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth installer change.
Thanks - there's no update flag for it so I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't brought it to my attention. The wrapper has been updated now :)
sunshinecorp: Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth installer change.
adamhm: Thanks - there's no update flag for it so I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't brought it to my attention. The wrapper has been updated now :)
I noticed it by chance only because I was browsing the gogdb changelog for something else. :) Thanks for the fast update.