It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

my name is grompy catte: When you click on forum reply notifications and it takes you to the thread, that's meant to remove that notification, right?
adaliabooks: Sorry for the (very) late reply.
Yes, but the notifications are bugged to hell so it doesn't. I usually end up manually cleaning them (there's a thread about how you can do it somewhere, but I think a dismiss all button comes up when you've got notifications and that works too?)
Ah fair enough. I wasn't sure if it was something that could be solved in the extension or if it was out of your hands.
my name is grompy catte: Ah fair enough. I wasn't sure if it was something that could be solved in the extension or if it was out of your hands.
If it was something I'd actually implemented I could probably fix it, but with the notification system all I did was turn on the forum reply notification that GOG had already made but then turned off for some reason.
So beyond that it's all original GOG functions and I don't really know how it works.
my name is grompy catte: Ah fair enough. I wasn't sure if it was something that could be solved in the extension or if it was out of your hands.
adaliabooks: If it was something I'd actually implemented I could probably fix it, but with the notification system all I did was turn on the forum reply notification that GOG had already made but then turned off for some reason.
So beyond that it's all original GOG functions and I don't really know how it works.
Ahhh, I see. I assumed the forum reply bit was something you had implemented, rather than just expose a half-finished feature of GOG's. ;)
my name is grompy catte: Ahhh, I see. I assumed the forum reply bit was something you had implemented, rather than just expose a half-finished feature of GOG's. ;)
That was my intention at the time, but once I started poking about I realised GOG had left the stuff all there and I could just switch it back on again, which was far easier.
And I'm nothing if not lazy.
adaliabooks: And I'm nothing if not lazy.
Good joke from someone who keeps on supporting this great piece of software he developed all by himself year after year. I would rather call you "efficient" than lazy :)
my name is grompy catte: Ahhh, I see. I assumed the forum reply bit was something you had implemented, rather than just expose a half-finished feature of GOG's. ;)
adaliabooks: That was my intention at the time, but once I started poking about I realised GOG had left the stuff all there and I could just switch it back on again, which was far easier.
And I'm nothing if not lazy.
You're considerably less lazy than me!
Fun! Thanks! : )
I think I've found a bug in the library option 'Show details about when a game was last updated on game cards'. Some games - Asterigos and Trails from Zero, for example - seem not to have their versions made available to the script, and what happens in that case is that the version string from whatever game I was viewing previously continues to display.
VanishedOne: I think I've found a bug in the library option 'Show details about when a game was last updated on game cards'. Some games - Asterigos and Trails from Zero, for example - seem not to have their versions made available to the script, and what happens in that case is that the version string from whatever game I was viewing previously continues to display.
Hmm.
I have neither game so can't confirm myself but I'll have a look at the code and see if there's a reason that might happen or a way to prevent it.

Do you get any errors in your console when you open those games in the library?
It's possible I just need to update the urls where I'm getting info from or something.
I think I've found the issue, but not sure how to solve it yet.

Problem is the file has gotten too big and has actually updated successfully since July, so the update info won't be available for any game updated since then...

I've tried increasing the connection time settings I have access to but it hasn't made a difference. I'll probably have to look into splitting it into multiple calls but I'll need to figure out the best way to do that.
I removed the bot so that you don't have to:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Gog Do not bother with stupid bot
// @namespace NotStupid
// @match https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
// @grant none
// @version 1.0
// @author LiefLayer
// @description 14/12/2022, 17:01:33
// ==/UserScript==
document.querySelector('div[data-default-form]').setAttribute('style', 'display:inline !important');
document.querySelector('div[data-chat-wrap]').style.display='none';
document.getElementsByClassName('row clearfix')[0].classList.remove('is-hidden');
document.getElementsByClassName('post-form-message')[0].classList.remove('is-hidden');
document.getElementsByClassName('new-request-form')[0].classList.remove('is-hidden');
Hey peeps,

It's been over 24hrs that I got a new entry for Schein, and it still doesn't have any box art.
Could someone *cough MarkoH01 cough* check if it needs some manual intervention? Or do we need one done?

Library ID: 1430953337
HypersomniacLive: Hey peeps,

It's been over 24hrs that I got a new entry for Schein, and it still doesn't have any box art.
Could someone *cough MarkoH01 cough* check if it needs some manual intervention? Or do we need one done?

Library ID: 1430953337
I already added the boxart yesterday and for me it worked fine ... so this request surprises me. Let's hope it isn't one of those changes that won't stick for whatever reason. I will check it immediately.

Edit: Just checked and it's still there for both versions ... checked the ID as well. Maybe you need a refresh done?
See attachment - everything should work fine.
Attachments:
schein.jpg (108 Kb)
Post edited February 17, 2023 by MarkoH01
I've had another look at the issue with the last updated times in the library and it's proving much trickier to fix than I'd hoped.

Basically GOG has too many damn games... whereas the scripts for the boxart only ever need to process a few new entries at a time, the one for the update info has to hit every game, which having just checked and realising that GOG has over 5000 titles now it's no wonder it times out before it finishes.

I've tried increasing the timeout time, but even then it's not enough. I imagine I may be being throttled on GOG's end as well.

So I might need a complete rethink. It's maybe just easier to actually fetch the last update info when the user clicks on the game in their library than it is trying to store it all as I had been.
That being said, I'm sure there's a reason I went with this method in the first place, but fuck me if I can remember what it was at this point.
I'll need to have a good look at the code and figure out how best to do it.

Edit:
A look at the changelog reminds me that I originally implemented the updated info to allow sorting by most recently updated, which would be why I needed to have all the games info available at once...
It may be that I'll have to scrap that to be able to have any kind of useful feature at all.
Post edited February 17, 2023 by adaliabooks
MarkoH01: I already added the boxart yesterday and for me it worked fine ... so this request surprises me. Let's hope it isn't one of those changes that won't stick for whatever reason. I will check it immediately.

Edit: Just checked and it's still there for both versions ... checked the ID as well. Maybe you need a refresh done?
See attachment - everything should work fine.
Sorry for the belated reply.

It seems that, for whatever reason, it took more than 24hrs to show up; it's there now without an account refresh.