It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I get all the reviews on the game card now. :) But they are still "closed" (i.e. displayed with the lovely "Read more" button). Is there any way to display the full reviews and also the full goodies and full GOG description?

Edit: I found it. You have to be logged in to get access to the options.

And the reviews are opened now. :) It looks like there's no option to also open the game description, the goodies and the system requirements though. But at least this only requires a few clicks.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by eiii
high rated
eiii: And the reviews are opened now. :) It looks like there's no option to also open the game description, the goodies and the system requirements though. But at least this only requires a few clicks.
You can use this:
https://userstyles.org/styles/104961/gog-descriptions-unhidden
high rated
All hail, Eli too!

I see no-one did the Konung games covers yet, so here they are. Hope you like them.
I don't know their IDs as I don't have them, sorry.
Attachments:
konung1.jpg (52 Kb)
konung2.jpg (35 Kb)
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I see no-one did the Konung games covers yet, so here they are. Hope you like them.
Cheers for the covers.

From MaGog's entry for Konung 1 + 2:
"Unbundled into 2 sub-games (in this order): [Names Unknown] (Konung 1 = 1455290088; Konung 2 = 1455290259)"
high rated
mrkgnao: Cheers for the covers.

From MaGog's entry for Konung 1 + 2:
"Unbundled into 2 sub-games (in this order): [Names Unknown] (Konung 1 = 1455290088; Konung 2 = 1455290259)"
You're welcome.

Seeing the IDs, I wonder if there's a pattern to them. I mean the games were released together, yet their IDs are quite far apart.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
eiii: Edit: I still hope that GOG does not really delete the game card data and will allow us to access them from our accounts some day.
They don't delete the game page data when they remove the game, they just hide it. As seen when "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich" recently returned, as it reappeared with the original votes and reviews intact (which is why FFv3R has 495 votes and 21 reviews, while FF has only 47 votes and 4 reviews).

While on the subject on unlikely wishes, I still hope that GOG begins selling PlayStation titles bundled with a PC PSX emulator.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Seeing the IDs, I wonder if there's a pattern to them. I mean the games were released together, yet their IDs are quite far apart.
Actually, they're not far apart, as IDs do not increment by one, but rather by 100-200. So these are either consecutive IDs or perhaps separated by one.

I suspect IDs are actually in hexadecimal, not decimal, and possibly having one or two CRC digits, but never bothered to actually check it.

P.S. We recently got one game with an ID beginning with 2, which was a surprise.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Actually, they're not far apart, as IDs do not increment by one, but rather by 100-200. So these are either consecutive IDs or perhaps separated by one.
Could it be that the last digits are for different versions of the same game? Hero edition, Kickstarter edition, Royal edition etc?
high rated
mrkgnao: Actually, they're not far apart, as IDs do not increment by one, but rather by 100-200. So these are either consecutive IDs or perhaps separated by one.
JMich: Could it be that the last digits are for different versions of the same game? Hero edition, Kickstarter edition, Royal edition etc?
Not AFAIK, but I didn't study it closely. It's hard to tell because many get released together.

In the past, when IDs were at 12..., they used to increment by 10, IIRC.
Now, with IDs at 14..., many tend to increment by 99.

Someone should research it. All the information is on MaGog.
Post edited April 29, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I see no-one did the Konung games covers yet, so here they are. Hope you like them.
Thanks for doing those Hyper, I'll get them uploaded as soon as I can.

mrkgnao: From MaGog's entry for Konung 1 + 2:
And thank you for the IDs :)

And thank you both for continuing to be my assistants in all areas, I really appreciate it :)
You too probably now as much about the script as I do at this point ;)
mrkgnao: I suspect IDs are actually in hexadecimal, not decimal, and possibly having one or two CRC digits, but never bothered to actually check it.

P.S. We recently got one game with an ID beginning with 2, which was a surprise.
I got a little excited when someone in the unofficially announced games thread suggested they were dates in milliseconds, but that 2 one destroyed that theory...

I might look into it at some point if I get a chance, it would be handy for utilising SPCM's leak if we could predict likely IDs...

Is it possible to just pull a list of IDs from MaGoG? (I suppose some other data might actually be useful though, release dates and series at least to spot any similarities etc.)
Post edited April 29, 2016 by adaliabooks
adaliabooks: Is it possible to just pull a list of IDs from MaGoG?
No. The closest is to select only the Image/Forum/ID column, get all the fields of that column alone, then post-process it.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Seeing the IDs, I wonder if there's a pattern to them. I mean the games were released together, yet their IDs are quite far apart.
I always thought they were Unix timestamps. That would make a difference of about 3 minutes for the 2 games.

mrkgnao: P.S. We recently got one game with an ID beginning with 2, which was a surprise.
But that definitely wouldn't fit into my theory.
high rated
adaliabooks: Is it possible to just pull a list of IDs from MaGoG?
mrkgnao: No. The closest is to select only the Image/Forum/ID column, get all the fields of that column alone, then post-process it.
I thought so. As I said, I'd probably need some extra data anyway so I'd probably just do a normal search with the columns I wanted.
high rated
adaliabooks: T[...]

I got a little excited when someone in the unofficially announced games thread suggested they were dates in milliseconds, but that 2 one destroyed that theory...

[...]
THIS IS GOG!
high rated
So expanding the reviews with this script worked nicely. Alone this feature makes it worth to keep it installed. :)
Thank you a lot for all your work, adaliabooks! I will explore all the other features step by step later.

Do I understand it correctly, that when I disable Greasemonkey this script also will be disabled and has no side effects?

Thank you for the link. But it's probably not worth it to install another script (or even another add-on as it seems to be primarily made for Stylish) for the 3 clicks. Hopefully games will not be deleted that often from GOG. ;)
Post edited April 30, 2016 by eiii