It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Big changes are here.

My Account is the heart of your GOG.com experience. It's the one place that's 100% yours, and the place you always go to download your games and manage the entire library.
Starting today, your My Account is completely new - remade and redesigned from scratch to better support our growing library of games and many of your biggest requests. Aside from every usability fix we could think of, we've also introduced brand new tools to keep your library organised, and new social features to stay in touch with your friends.

The list of new features is long, but you can see the whole thing on our forums. The most important highlights include:

--Support for friends lists and chat.
--Shared wishlists.
--Advanced filtering and custom tags for your library.
--A new, detailed order history.
--Accessible game changelogs.

We're sure that these new changes will greatly improve your overall user experience on GOG.com, and we can't wait to hear what you think on the wishlist and right here in the comments!
high rated
Lodium: I woudnt count on it being done soon.
Alot of stuff with gog takes a really long time.
website out of beta? = yes a long time before it happened.
Galaxy out of alpha?= yes a long time before it happened.
Try to clean up the wishlist a little = yes a long time before it happened.
Even some games have sometimes taken alot of time before it appeared here.

Basicly if you hang around here enough you better learn a big portion of patience because nothing happens soon around here.
There's "soon" and then there's "soon™", just like there's "good news" and "Good news™". ;-)
I have to wonder... is anyone else having huge issues with the chat? For me it's... screwed up...

I really preferred the old PM system compared to this, not to mention older conversations are missing or inaccessible.

edit: on the bright side I found the hidden scroll bar by accident to look at older conversations...
Attachments:
Post edited June 08, 2015 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: I have to wonder... is anyone else having huge issues with the chat? For me it's... screwed up...

I really preferred the old PM system compared to this, not to mention older conversations are missing or inaccessible.

edit: on the bright side I found the hidden scroll bar by accident to look at older conversations...
I really miss the old PM system as well. For some reason, the new chat system never prompts me when someone is trying to chat. I usually find out hours later that someone sent me a message. Has anyone else encountered that issue?
The new chat just confuses me. Also, why can't add people as friends from chat? Why do I have to find them in the forum?

Also, Totally can't figure out how to use chat on mobile...
Post edited June 08, 2015 by Celton88
high rated
It would seem that GOG agreed that the tiny blue dot for both updated and new games was not the best of ideas, so changed the indication for new games.
Take a look at the attached screenshot - new games are now marked with a washed-out grey box saying "NEW" in white font.
Really GOG? If the goal is to make it as discrete and unnoticeable as possible, then - achievement unlocked!

On a related note - I was recently gifted games that were purchased during the Double Insomnia Promo. They are not marked as "NEW", of course, and are placed according to the time they were bought when I order my collection by purchase date, of course.
I repeat that it's completely useless to the user that you label titles based on what is new in your database of orders. Any chance you prioritise in our collection what is useful for us?

And I haven't bumped this for quite some time, so here's another one:

* Games Collection *

Manual sorting

Keep or bring back manual sorting

Bring back game boxes in the game shelf

Bring back wood bookshelf library

Add an option to display all owned games on a single page in the user account

* Chat *

Necessary improvements and changes to make the current Chat system usable and user-friendly

Chat: Make sending a message with Enter configurable

Restore the old PM system
Attachments:
Ok where's the inbox? I've spent the last 10mins trying to figure that out, admittedly I'm on a phone which might be why I'm struggling. And I've not been around for a while but.... ><
... While im thinking about that does anyone elses top seach box in the pop out menu not work?
Post edited June 08, 2015 by chezybezy
high rated
Heads up for all interested

I just got a message from GOG staffer Johny. that auto-expanding of the chat input box was implemented.
Folks may want to test how it works.
It works, thanks for the heads up!
I think its high time to find the lost road map for bringing back the more pertinent features that were lost in transition from PM to the Chat system, like Clearing Conversations as well as Block and Report. The spamming and harassment through Chat is really getting out of hand.
high rated
So I somehow totally missed this thread when I made one a couple days ago, complaining about all these unnecessary and unwelcome changes on the coattails of GOG Galaxy. Seems like a lot of folks beat me to the punch. Glad to know I'm not alone in my feelings of frustration as GOG proceeds to systematically undermine the browser version of the site so much that people may as well use the damned client.

But hey, since I definitely don't feel I've complained enough lately, bringing back manual sorting and the wooden shelves would be tickety-boo. As so many others have said, the "new and improved" My Account feel less like ours than ever before. If it were about efficiency and functionality, maybe I could understand, but it isn't.

I don't use and likely never will use the social features, so I can't really comment on those, but I'd be willing to echo others who dislike them on the general principle that they probably weren't necessary, either.

However, I would like to reiterate one thing I saw back on like page 10-something: Why was this whole thing rolled out before 1) getting feedback from all of us and 2) before it was actually freaking finished?

EDIT: Okay, so the GOG Downloader links.. please fix them. Seriously.

It used to be that they would go to a correctly titled folder such as "Tex Murphy 1 2", but now they go to eye-bleedingly labeled folders like "journeyman_project_1_pegasus_prime_the". This is yet more work the customer has to do because now I've got to move the files into the correct folder (if it already exists) or rename it. It may not seem like much, but it's a pain in the ass.

Especially if you're updating previously stored games and suddenly all the installers are in different folders than their bonus materials and manuals.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by HiroshiMishima
In Internet Explorer 11 GOG site lost all cover images in any game listing page, i.e. : games , movies, library, wishlist, orders history. See attached screenshot.
Changing user-agent string to any non-IE brings pictures back. Unfortunately such operation can be performed only in debug mode and temporary.
Attachments:
skatz1971:
That's beta for you:
https://xkcd.com/528/
high rated
THESE are the most important things to talk about, if you ask me.

I absolutely hate the changes GOG made with the account shelves. The game boxes looked SO MUCH BETTER than the cold, sterile thumbnails now. But more importantly:

I had always kept my GOG library manually sorted before they changed it, because with the titles they've given the games, almost ALL of the games in a series are in the wrong order.

For example: first there's "Thief II: The Metal Age", THEN there's "Thief: Deadly Shadows" (part 3) and last there's "Thief: The Dark Project".

Or the "Atlantis" series: the order is 2, 3, 1, too.

Not to mention the "Blackwell Series" – the alphabetical order messes everything up:
Blackwell Convergence (3), Blackwell Deception (4), Blackwell Epiphany (5), Blackwell Legacy (1), Blackwell Unbound (2)

This absolutely SUCKS!
WHO thought it was a good idea to get rid of manual sorting?

The best thing would be to have the games sorted alphabetically – but WITH the feature that it sorts the games of a series by their original retail release dates.

Isn't that possible?
high rated
Over a month since our PM history was allegedly imported to the chat system, and nth has been done to fix all the issues multiple users have reported.

Now that I think about it, very little seems to have been done based on the feedback that was given here, and in the My Account - big changes on the horizon threat.

And since I haven't bumped this for quite some time, let's give it one:

* Games Collection *

Manual sorting

Keep or bring back manual sorting

Bring back game boxes in the game shelf

Bring back wood bookshelf library

Add an option to display all owned games on a single page in the user account

* Chat *

Necessary improvements and changes to make the current Chat system usable and user-friendly

Chat: Make sending a message with Enter configurable

Restore the old PM system
I agree, aside the auto-expanding chat input field, nothing has improved. I don't care about bringing back the old systems, as long as the new ones are working, but they don't.
However, first and foremost GOG has to bring back all the missing conversations of the old PM system.
Dear Webdevs, what would you say, if I'd go to your mailbox and delete tons of messages?